It seems they left an open ended ending for a sequel...

#61Psychochild27Posted 5/6/2013 3:02:32 PM(edited)
Ether101 posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
Ether101 posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
2) That argument works on the idea that for every possible outcome there exist a separate yet equally possible universe. The problem with it is that Ganon winning is an impossibility.

Why is it an impossibility?

Because Link beat Ganon when he was using the power of the entire Triforce in ALttP.
In the heart of the Sacred Realm where its power is absolute.
When he was what looks to be twelve.

Do you really believe that Ganon could some how be more powerful with only a piece of the Sacred Triangle?

Definitive proof that Silver Arrows are infinitely superior to Light Arrows.

Except for Light Arrows apparently being made form the divine golden power...

Divine power ain't got nothing on this bling, man.
#62Malus_X6Posted 5/6/2013 3:24:37 PM(edited)
Malus_X6 posted...
2) That argument works on the idea that for every possible outcome there exist a separate yet equally possible universe. The problem with it is that Ganon winning is an impossibility.

Why is it an impossibility?

Because Link beat Ganon when he was using the power of the entire Triforce in ALttP.
In the heart of the Sacred Realm where its power is absolute.
When he was what looks to be twelve.

Do you really believe that Ganon could some how be more powerful with only a piece of the Sacred Triangle?

The third timeline is a result of Link being killed by Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time!

I have a copy of the book AND I actually read it, Ether. It makes sense to include a third timeline. Besides, play LTTP sometime. If you remember everything that happened in OoT, and then watch the intro for LTTP, then it makes sense.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#63Ether101Posted 5/6/2013 3:25:21 PM
Psychochild27 posted...

I'm pretty sure that they're supposed to be the same thing and the current design suggest that their gold. Remember gold>silver.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#64Ether101Posted 5/6/2013 3:33:50 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
The third timeline is a result of Link being killed by Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time!

I have a copy of the book AND I actually read it, Ether. It makes sense to include a third timeline. Besides, play LTTP sometime. If you remember everything that happened in OoT, and then watch the intro for LTTP, then it makes sense.

No it doesn't. The original Seven Sages are still alive in ALttP and we learn about the Imprisoning War from one of them. OoT conflicts with what we're told in ALttP.

Hell, the Sages are all old Hylian men so unless everybody got a race and sex change there's a hug discrepancy there.

Plus the war lasted for a hundred years.
---
#65Psychochild27Posted 5/6/2013 3:41:15 PM(edited)
Ether101 posted...
Psychochild27 posted...

I'm pretty sure that they're supposed to be the same thing and the current design suggest that their gold. Remember gold>silver.

Are you suggesting that due to a superficial resemblance (I.E. Color), fire arrows and ice arrows are actually ruby and aquamarine arrows respectively?

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver#Folklore

Gold's only value in killing horrifying evil entities is to buy more silver arrows.
#66StrelokPosted 5/6/2013 3:37:53 PM
The intro of LttP already says that the sages in LttP are their daughters as the sages were killed...
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#67Ether101Posted 5/6/2013 3:42:31 PM
Strelok posted...
The intro of LttP already says that the sages in LttP are their daughters as the sages were killed...

No, the Seven Sages are still alive and their granddaughters inherited the power.

There's a reason for the old priest guy that you leave Zelda with to only ever be called the Sage and why his old friend states to himself as one of the seven sages.

Psychochild27 posted...
Ether101 posted...
Psychochild27 posted...

Are you suggesting that due to a superficial resemblance (I.E. Color), fire arrows and ice arrows are actually ruby and aquamarine arrows respectively?

How do you know that the Silver Arrows aren't just chromed?
---
#68Psychochild27Posted 5/6/2013 3:49:28 PM
How do you know that the Silver Arrows aren't just chromed?

Because they're silver arrows, not chromium arrows. It's right there in the name.
#69StrelokPosted 5/6/2013 4:07:25 PM(edited)
Ether101 posted...
Strelok posted...

No, the Seven Sages are still alive and their granddaughters inherited the power.

There's a reason for the old priest guy that you leave Zelda with to only ever be called the Sage and why his old friend states to himself as one of the seven sages.

And yet, he dies.
The only remaining one is possible Sahrahashalalawhatever. I hate that name.

Point being: They are powerless or dead. The intro states as such, as that that is why the evil wizard imprisons the girls.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#70Malus_X6Posted 5/6/2013 4:09:46 PM
*facepalms*
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI