Lets discuss this game

#115hadowsPosted 5/7/2013 12:55:28 PM
Some_Hoar posted...
What's delicious about this is that even with a second attack button, DMC4 Nero still has more aerial options with moves mapped to a single button thanks to lock on while DmC Dante's limited to two or three because directional inputs aren't viable.

Bit harsh really, donte has 13 air attacks (count em) and that's before gun specials and the whips. Nero has what, air combo, roulette, helm breaker, snatch and busters, and I suppose you could count charge shots.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more mentions of buy-in because it's just as ridiculous round trip and combined with raze and osiris air combos you can do ridiculous amounts of damage to everything in total safety, which wrecks _everything_ that isn't shielded, red, or a heavy enemy much faster than just swinging arbiter around. Trust me I've tried.

Also saying the trickster abilities are gone is a little harsh, seeing as you get both a long 'safe' dodge in the angel dodge and the damage boost of the demon evade, both of which can be done in midair (and both of which are equally overpowered) as well as the whips and air boost.

Lastly, osiris' standard ground combos are total crap ugh

Most of Dontes them useless, all of them are just ripoffs of moves from the old games and most of them are overshadowed by the bad balance and overpowered weapon and moves on DmC. Nero also has TableHopper and Exceed, Nero unlike Donte makes use of his full arsenal and every move is important to him, it also takes more skill and time to master Nero compared to mastering Donte.
---
Ill add something here later....
#12Ether101Posted 5/7/2013 12:56:28 PM
Some_Hoar posted...
What's delicious about this is that even with a second attack button, DMC4 Nero still has more aerial options with moves mapped to a single button thanks to lock on while DmC Dante's limited to two or three because directional inputs aren't viable.

Bit harsh really, donte has 13 air attacks (count em) and that's before gun specials and the whips. Nero has what, air combo, roulette, helm breaker, snatch and busters, and I suppose you could count charge shots.

Then there's the rev version of the two air combos and the three rev stages of Roulette and Helm Breaker.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#13Some_HoarPosted 5/7/2013 1:34:31 PM(edited)
I forgot calibur but I rarely used that

EDIT: Also I find the only pointless air attack in this game is aquilla's calibur, you don't really need anything more than double up and buy-in really but then you could say the same about only needing aerial rave and stinger bee DMC3/4. Albeit they weren't absurdly safe against a good two-thirds of the enemies.

Aerial flush, air tremor (whatever it's called), rake, stomp and showdown are all perfectly useful at times. Hell even showdown is silly because you can air combo red enemies with it in combination with the pull and avoid all damage really easy, because you don't eventually fall to the ground like Nero did.
---
Bald_Money posted...
How many alternate accounts does Some_Hoar have? From the look of things, it's something like 6.
#14MixorzPosted 5/7/2013 2:04:18 PM
Objectively a good game.
---
Currently playing: Minecraft, Terraria, Dark Souls, Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#15ChickenfrogmanPosted 5/7/2013 2:59:05 PM
Mixorz posted...
Objectively a good game.

That's not what Capcom had to say about it and they must clearly be better authorities on it then us according to your logic.
---
Renekton would make a terrible lifeguard. He'd just laugh at you as you drown and die and then probably eat your corpse.
PSN: RevolverChicken7
#16RagueltheUFOPosted 5/7/2013 3:06:15 PM
Chickenfrogman posted...
Mixorz posted...
Objectively a good game.

That's not what Capcom had to say about it and they must clearly be better authorities on it then us according to your logic.

Exactly.

What Capcom thinks is put above what you think. Capcom said it failed their expectations. Stop being delusional. Or are you going to say that Capcom's opinion (the people who made the game) doesn't matter.
#17OracleGunner(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 5:13:06 PM
First off sorry my internet crashed so I couldn't update.

Now then to the guy who said nero had little moves, exceed gave you about 2 variations of each move adding more diversity and fluidity in the combat. There is nothing like perfect exceeding a mid air combo killing knights and other more annoying enemies quickly before they DT.

Mikki the game is mediocre so says the users. And those are more important than the professionals that only play easy mode to make a cheap review.

Now then off to the second topic Level design

DmC features probably the biggest levels in DMC since DMC2. The areas are usualy huge and allow for movement, the problem lies in
a) color
b) Passage i.e. movement

Now then previous DMC's have only featured a small pallet of colors as well but those were mainly because of the environment, if its not a castle/tower it was a city in ruins. Now then DMC 4 came out and the environments were alive for the first time so many colors in the jungles and castles the city even looked different. Hell the spaces were quite large most of the time and you could use the environment to improve your chances of hitting or getting hit. In DmC however we get Orange and blue and sometimes green. That's it. I'm serious the entire game looks as if you are fighting on a cheap movie poster. Sure its impressive for the first stage but then the charm wears off.

Now then as to progress some might say: how can this be a problem? you actually get to move around the environment like a platformer. the problem lies in the implementation, the pacing and the sheer amount of it. I understand that ts hard to design levels that get the attention of the player and its harder still to make a mechanic that feels fresh to add incentive to explore, the problem is that when you don't have a bloody targeting system for movement you will miss a few platforms and sometimes the character will target some enemy instead if the platform and overshoot, or worse the mechanic will glitch out and you'll end up flying for half the level. Now I could forgive if the game was actually challenging in its use of the levels or if the destruction and manipulation of the levels felt more than a cheap tremor after chapter 2. The pacing for a fast action game is supposed to be well fast and hard, if anything there should be less space between battles, which leads to the final point the amount of the platforming. In an action game that i supposedly of the HnS genre I fully expect to get into battle sooner rather than later, especially now days. This game's combat barely takes 20% of its time, most of the time players will be forced to look around levels for pointless keys and secret missions that are supposed to be optional and not affect the overall rank.

Tomorrows topic Enemies & bosses.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1