How does DmC stack up to other inferior Western action games?

#31StrelokPosted 5/7/2013 6:33:20 PM
I consider Dantes Inferno better than DmC.

And Dantes Inferno... was really shallow.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#32darkslayer001Posted 5/7/2013 6:42:47 PM
CrimzonHead posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
CrimzonHead posted...
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dmc-devil-may-cry

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/metal-gear-rising-revengeance

Why are so many people unable to think for themselves these days?

Why are so many people unable to accept the fact that critics and major gaming publications (you know, people who actually have some kind of relevance to the gaming industry, unlike you guys) like DmC more than MGR? ;)

http://www.techdigest.tv/obama-deal-with-it.jpg

relevance to the gaming industry?!, lol thank you for making my day

Welcome to Reality where they don't matter.
Seriously MGR just blew DmC out of water in terms of being successful. Kojima is already done talking about the release date of its sequel with P* and DmC is still trying to pass of as a triple A game with barely making 700K.
If you can't see this, you are just trolling buddy, or living under a rock....
#33StrelokPosted 5/7/2013 6:46:18 PM
Yes, the reviewers have so much more relevance than the fans, that is why unsuccessful games always get sequels ri- wait...
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#34CrimzonHeadPosted 5/7/2013 7:05:19 PM(edited)
rice_noodles posted...
CrimzonHead posted...
Why are so many people unable to accept the fact that critics and major gaming publications (you know, people who actually have some kind of relevance to the gaming industry, unlike you guys) like DmC more than MGR? ;)

You mean random schmoes with writing degrees pretending to have authority and working for websites that are directly funded by advertisements of prooducts they critize, versus, the actual consumers that somehow has no relevance to the industry.

I see shatter isnt even needed for this level of stupidity these days.

Sorry bro, I would rather listen to the dozens of generally positive reviews written by actual reviewers, rather than the dozens of zeroes, ones and twos given by the users. Come on gentlemen, can you seriously defend scores like that? Now do you see why many think the user score is a joke?? Someone up there brought up how MGR received a 3/10 - yes, that's rather absurd. But it's just one reviewer among the mostly positive reviews it got. But when the users turn in horribly exaggerated negative reviews, it's totally okay! xD

It's hilarious that most of you scream "paid off!" whenever you see the praise DmC got and point to the ridiculously biased user score to reassure yourselves. Never change antis.

---
"Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros. We don't care about anything else." - Faceman_
Don't be scared homie.
#35vgundamPosted 5/7/2013 7:06:01 PM
Edward_R_Murrow posted...
DmC may be pretty weak, but at least it's not Nightshade

LOL Nightshade and Shinobi are works of art! They take true skill. They are video games in their purest form, unlike Ninja Theory's cinematic garbage.
---
It's "I COULDN'T care less" PLEASE GET IT RIGHT PEOPLE.
#36Malus_X6Posted 5/7/2013 7:11:45 PM
Edward_R_Murrow posted...
DmC may be pretty weak, but at least it's not Nightshade

LOL Nightshade and Shinobi are works of art! They take true skill. They are video games in their purest form, unlike Ninja Theory's cinematic garbage.

Which Shinobi? The original Sega one or the one-shot for Xbox and PS2?
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#37KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 5/7/2013 7:14:13 PM
CrimzonHead posted...
rice_noodles posted...
CrimzonHead posted...

You mean random schmoes with writing degrees pretending to have authority and working for websites that are directly funded by advertisements of prooducts they critize, versus, the actual consumers that somehow has no relevance to the industry.

I see shatter isnt even needed for this level of stupidity these days.

Sorry bro, I would rather listen to the dozens of generally positive reviews written by actual reviewers, rather than the dozens of zeroes, ones and twos given by the users. Come on gentlemen, can you seriously defend scores like that? Now do you see why many think the user score is a joke?? Someone up there brought up how MGR received a 3/10 - yes, that's rather absurd. But it's just one reviewer among the mostly positive reviews it got. But when the users turn in horribly exaggerated negative reviews, it's totally okay! xD

It's hilarious that most of you scream "paid off!" whenever you see the praise DmC got and point to the ridiculously biased user score to reassure yourselves. Never change antis.

Why do you even listen to anyone else? In the grand scheme of things, user reviews do matter more since they reflect the consumers, aka the people who matter most. How are "professional" reviewers more important? Do they pay for their copy? Does their money pay he publishers bills? No the consumers buy the product. Their money is what pays the bills. If they aren't happy, something is wrong. Rather than focus on the individual 0's and 1's and 2's, focus on them as a whole. They reflect the fact that the consumers weren't happy.

At the end of the day, the only thing separating a "professional" reviewer from a regula consumer is that the reviewer gets paid to write their opinion. Basically, they're the same as you and me (aka not more important), they just can articulate their thoughts better and get paid for it. Fun fact; those reviewers get paid by whatever website/magazine they write for. In most websites cases, they make money from ads. Those ads come from the video games they're reviewing. If they gave a bad score, they might lose the rights to advertise the game, and therefore they'd lose money. You can't exactly call websites and their reviewers unbiased since they count on the games they review for a paycheck...
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#38CrimzonHeadPosted 5/7/2013 7:17:34 PM
darkslayer001 posted...
CrimzonHead posted...

relevance to the gaming industry?!, lol thank you for making my day

Welcome to Reality where they don't matter.
Seriously MGR just blew DmC out of water in terms of being successful. Kojima is already done talking about the release date of its sequel with P* and DmC is still trying to pass of as a triple A game with barely making 700K.
If you can't see this, you are just trolling buddy, or living under a rock....

I worded that post poorly, I apologize. As consumers, yes, we have more power and relevance than anyone. DmC's sales prove that.

As reviewers? No way.
---
"Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros. We don't care about anything else." - Faceman_
Don't be scared homie.
#39syctheweilderPosted 5/7/2013 7:21:47 PM
Just look at all the positive user reviews on youtu-

oh
#40Ink-RibbonPosted 5/7/2013 7:33:35 PM
Strelok posted...
Yes, the reviewers have so much more relevance than the fans, that is why unsuccessful games always get sequels ri- wait...

It seems that they're only reliable if they agree with what antis think...

However, if they disagree with you, obviously fans opinions are the real ones, while critics are paid to like a game. Well, obviously every critic, every pro, every review, every news, everyone was paid to give DmC a good score.

There is no way anyone could like a game called DmC, right antis? It's simple impossible, thus meaning it's money that bought everyone. Capcom has that ammount of money, to pay everyone around the world. Ahhh, that's so delicious and tastefully done. XD