How does DmC stack up to other inferior Western action games?

#41rice_noodlesPosted 5/7/2013 8:08:00 PM(edited)
i was the first one to **** on the famitsu MGR:Revengence high score threads on this board and the MGR board. The threads are still archived here. Good job guys.

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/960699-metal-gear-rising-revengeance/65436239

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/65436368

So yeah, **** your BS.
#42360pagesPosted 5/7/2013 7:49:59 PM
Nope, wrong Ink, I still think IGN is ignorant even if they give my favorite game perfect scores, and after a while I simply stopped picking up Game informers.

I simply realize my opinion was worth more than theirs and how I think of a game is worth more than other people yelling at me saying I should buy it.

Truth is, I have more influence saying to a friend, (This game sucks, you shouldn't get it, but you can try it if you want,) Then most reviewers stamping a number on a page. You'd be surprised how much influence you have on the people around you.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#43Malus_X6Posted 5/7/2013 7:50:25 PM
Unlike so many others, I actually think for myself and don't allow what others think of a product to influence my decision. Basically, reviewers can get bent. If I like or dislike a game, it's because I decided that myself.

Go look at my My Games collection. You think any of those games I have on there are on there because some reviewers said they were amazing? NO! It's because I like those games I bought.

tl;dr: F*** reviewers and I only buy games I like.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#44darkslayer001Posted 5/7/2013 8:11:08 PM
CrimzonHead posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
CrimzonHead posted...

Why are so many people unable to accept the fact that critics and major gaming publications (you know, people who actually have some kind of relevance to the gaming industry, unlike you guys) like DmC more than MGR? ;)

http://www.techdigest.tv/obama-deal-with-it.jpg

relevance to the gaming industry?!, lol thank you for making my day

Welcome to Reality where they don't matter.
Seriously MGR just blew DmC out of water in terms of being successful. Kojima is already done talking about the release date of its sequel with P* and DmC is still trying to pass of as a triple A game with barely making 700K.
If you can't see this, you are just trolling buddy, or living under a rock....

I worded that post poorly, I apologize. As consumers, yes, we have more power and relevance than anyone. DmC's sales prove that.

As reviewers? No way.

you are just digging a grave for yourself in this argument, still wording it poorly.
anyway i will bite, what gives these reviewers the "professionality" of reviewing games?
#45darkslayer001Posted 5/7/2013 8:31:49 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Strelok posted...
Yes, the reviewers have so much more relevance than the fans, that is why unsuccessful games always get sequels ri- wait...

It seems that they're only reliable if they agree with what antis think...

However, if they disagree with you, obviously fans opinions are the real ones, while critics are paid to like a game. Well, obviously every critic, every pro, every review, every news, everyone was paid to give DmC a good score.

There is no way anyone could like a game called DmC, right antis? It's simple impossible, thus meaning it's money that bought everyone. Capcom has that ammount of money, to pay everyone around the world. Ahhh, that's so delicious and tastefully done. XD

Don't blow "antis saying all reviewers are payed" out of proportion. These reviewers are brought in to play the game and given many benefits for trying out and later promoting the game.
Now I would have taken these opinions (which it is, nothing "professional" about it) seriously if they had some clue as to what they were talking about. They are completely oblivious to the obvious and many criticisms to the game, and they don't even recognize DMC3 or 4's existence. And I am not talking about one or two reviewers, its like 90% of "professional" reviewers act like this.

If you bothered to read these reviews, you actually get the idea that they have no clue about the very genre (of course they have no idea since most of them only played god of war)
Now this game getting 2s and 4s can be considered trollish, but when these reviewers are giving 9s and 10s across the board, seriously they are no different than the troll user reviews. Not to mention these scores are given depending on the reviewers enjoyment within a couple hrs with this game.
Its like they want to give a free pass to NT because they consider the company underdogs, which they are not. They are very inexperienced and poor in game design.
I cannot talk for the 2million people who didn't buy DmC, but I only take reviewers seriously if they know what they are talking about.

This pretty much nails my point if anyone cares to watch it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkX65h6ORcM&t=19m35s
#46CrimzonHeadPosted 5/7/2013 9:15:47 PM
darkslayer001 posted...

you are just digging a grave for yourself in this argument, still wording it poorly.
anyway i will bite, what gives these reviewers the "professionality" of reviewing games?

I should have been more clear but I'm not digging a grave at all, merely stating my opinion and backing it up with a couple facts (which isn't very popular on this board). I could go on for a long while as to why it's ridiculous to trust a sum of user scores over the sum of critic scores... but I don't want to. This is going nowhere.

And by the way, "professionality" isn't a word. Your wording isn't too great either, champ. ;)
---
"Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros. We don't care about anything else." - Faceman_
Don't be scared homie.
#47Rising_shadowPosted 5/7/2013 9:25:50 PM
backing it up with a couple facts

Nothing you've said in this topic even remotely qualifies for passing as a fact, much less an actual fact.
Video game reviewers are not authorities on what makes a game good or bad. None of them are professionally educated in anything that qualifies them as superior game critics. Most of them aren't even qualified journalists. Anyone who blindly accepts anything a so called professional reviewer says is a sheep. Reviewers, like most gamers, have different preferences and varying degrees of proficiency with game genres and gaming experience. Like that ass clown on IGN who gave God Hand a 3/10.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#48CrimzonHeadPosted 5/7/2013 9:37:48 PM
Rising_shadow posted...

Nothing you've said in this topic even remotely qualifies for passing as a fact, much less an actual fact.

Oh? DmC isn't critically rated higher than MGR? There aren't a boatload of zeroes and ones tanking DmC's user score? Are you kidding me?! xD
---
"Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros. We don't care about anything else." - Faceman_
Don't be scared homie.
#49RagueltheUFOPosted 5/7/2013 9:45:45 PM
CrimzonHead posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

Oh? DmC isn't critically rated higher than MGR? There aren't a boatload of zeroes and ones tanking DmC's user score? Are you kidding me?! xD

Oh be quiet. Anyone who uses paid reviews in an argument is still butthurt over the fact that DmC flopped. Get over it. You won't get a sequel. Capcom admitted it was crap even with all the positive scores across the bored not once bringing up anything negative (and no game deserves a perfect even my favorite game). Stop trying to start a pointless fight you already lost with your flip flopping as bad as shatter and move on.
#50ScreamingMidgetPosted 5/8/2013 1:46:53 AM
CrimzonHead posted...
darkslayer001 posted...

I should have been more clear but I'm not digging a grave at all, merely stating my opinion and backing it up with a couple facts (which isn't very popular on this board). I could go on for a long while as to why it's ridiculous to trust a sum of user scores over the sum of critic scores... but I don't want to. This is going nowhere.

And by the way, "professionality" isn't a word. Your wording isn't too great either, champ. ;)

Facts are very popular on here. The pros just don't realize that.

You know why the 1/10 User scores are okay? Because the scores given to DmC by "professionals" are way too high and not honest at all.