DMC Sales Comparisons

#1fifinamboPosted 5/8/2013 8:17:55 AM
Lifetime Sales (All console):

Sales for DMC 1, 2, 3 & 4 are taken from this source: http://s2.n4g.com/media/11/newssi/230000/230160_0_org.png

As there are no official statements regarding sales for DMC HD and DmC I have only put speculated numbers. If anyone can provide more accurate numbers that would be great:

DMC1 - 2,160,000
DMC2 - 1,700,000
DMC3 - 1,300,000 (I don't know if this includes Special Edition sales. Can anyone confirm?)
DMC4 - 2,350,000
DMC HD - 700,000 (?)
DmC - 700,000 (?)

Capcom was building sales with DMC4. Why did they make DmC? Now they have to start the process over of building loyalty/trust with consumers. SMH.
---
Yes I think we`ve got a problem. So much for the afterglow.
#2DrLight66Posted 5/8/2013 2:59:45 PM
Well, according to Wikipedia, DMC3 sold over 1.3 million to become a PS2 "Greatest Hits" title, so that does not include the special edition sales of the game. I think it's pretty safe to say that DMC3 and DMC3:SE combined sales far exceed 2 million copies and I wouldn't be surprised if after so many years they ended up being closer to 3 million.
#3Pesmerga255Posted 5/8/2013 3:00:19 PM
inb4shatterclown
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#4SHMYazooPosted 5/8/2013 3:05:59 PM
Reboot was an attempt to sell more copies but like other reboots they either flop, sell much more than the original or get another chance, with a sequel that tries to tie it better to the original in order to appeal to old fans again (while still trying to acquire a new audience).

I guess when they make DmC2 (all but confirmed, after Capcom's earnings talk about DmC) they'll try to bring more of the old Dante personality back. Hell, he'll already have the white hair, so a lot of people won't complain about that, at least.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#5Malus_X6Posted 5/8/2013 3:07:32 PM
I thought the HD Collection broke a million due to being available for PS3 AND 360.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#6Ether101Posted 5/8/2013 3:16:29 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
Reboot was an attempt to sell more copies but like other reboots they either flop, sell much more than the original or get another chance, with a sequel that tries to tie it better to the original in order to appeal to old fans again (while still trying to acquire a new audience).

I guess when they make DmC2 (all but confirmed, after Capcom's earnings talk about DmC) they'll try to bring more of the old Dante personality back. Hell, he'll already have the white hair, so a lot of people won't complain about that, at least.

Where do you pull this **** from? First off, only the pros complained about the white hair. Second, if they think this game is successful then why would they change the things that they think made it good in the first place such as Dino's lack of character? Third, none of the stuff you said about reboots it true.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#7_Uwye_Posted 5/8/2013 3:59:56 PM
SHMYazoo posted...

Wait, what was they said in another internal document? Oh right, "Decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing" and "raise game quality by moving more game development in house".