1.1 Million Copies Shipped vs. Sold (BIG Difference)

#51Blackmarvel79Posted 5/11/2013 9:04:27 AM
Strelok posted...
Shipped does not equal sold to consumers.

There sold. Get over the butthurt. I hate the game but Im not going to be a denier about it. besides its on a fourth or fifth sales revision now. Do people really have to batch more about it.
---
Playing Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Solid 2 HD.
#52TheOriginalMaxPosted 5/11/2013 1:39:08 PM
pigboy posted...
Yeah, Amazon is the biggest online retailer in the world and it is probably the BIGGEST online video game retailer in US. Its top 100 best selling game is a good indicate on how a game is selling. DmC's sales definitely bombed fast at least according to Amazon's number so I also thing the VGChartz number is pretty accurate this time since it is not far from the NPD number too.

The funny thing is that HDC has been selling like a hot-cake ever again since the DmC release. I think it is the original DMC fans protesting to Capcom that we don't want a reboot that completely destroying the original DMC characters and game play.

It will be interest to see how Capcom see the HDC sales number. Do they consider than as part of the DMC 1/2/3 sales or considered HDC as its own game. I think HDC probably would have also broken the 1 million unit number too since it has been selling so well thanks to the new DmC. lol

True, true. That's a very good point you bring up. It just boggles my mind how on earth Hipster may Cry got so many "sales" according to Capcom then? Didn't they just think it through before they published their "sales numbers"? Oh wait, it's Capcom, of course they didn't think it through XD

Ah, yeah, I remember a lot of people saying they would buy the HDC when Hipster may Cry was released. Hah, pretty funny how that works out :D
The consumers can't really be any more blunt regarding this... Capcom should really take their heads out of their bums and get real.
---
To be fair, no one has unlimited patience, and at times this board could come close flustering the Buddha.-geekneck99
Freedom requires responsibility.
#53pigboyPosted 5/13/2013 12:27:57 AM
TheOriginalMax posted...
pigboy posted...
Yeah, Amazon is the biggest online retailer in the world and it is probably the BIGGEST online video game retailer in US. Its top 100 best selling game is a good indicate on how a game is selling. DmC's sales definitely bombed fast at least according to Amazon's number so I also thing the VGChartz number is pretty accurate this time since it is not far from the NPD number too.

The funny thing is that HDC has been selling like a hot-cake ever again since the DmC release. I think it is the original DMC fans protesting to Capcom that we don't want a reboot that completely destroying the original DMC characters and game play.

It will be interest to see how Capcom see the HDC sales number. Do they consider than as part of the DMC 1/2/3 sales or considered HDC as its own game. I think HDC probably would have also broken the 1 million unit number too since it has been selling so well thanks to the new DmC. lol

True, true. That's a very good point you bring up. It just boggles my mind how on earth Hipster may Cry got so many "sales" according to Capcom then? Didn't they just think it through before they published their "sales numbers"? Oh wait, it's Capcom, of course they didn't think it through XD

Ah, yeah, I remember a lot of people saying they would buy the HDC when Hipster may Cry was released. Hah, pretty funny how that works out :D
The consumers can't really be any more blunt regarding this... Capcom should really take their heads out of their bums and get real.

I personally think the HDC sales number is extremely close to the true sales number of DmC. I mean, the HDC is still selling like a hot cake on Amazon.com for the past few months, but the poor DmC has been gone for a long time from the top 100 list.

I personally also bought an extra copy of HDC from Amazon just for the collection's seek. I have the two copies of the PS2 Devil May Cry 1-3 (one when they first release, one for the PS2 version of Anniversary Collection), one copy of DMC4 for PS3, and now two copies of HDC for PS3. I guess this is the only way Cacpom can earn my money is through games with the original Dante. XD
#54FireMage7777Posted 5/13/2013 12:34:03 AM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Strelok posted...

There sold. Get over the butthurt. I hate the game but Im not going to be a denier about it. besides its on a fourth or fifth sales revision now. Do people really have to batch more about it.

First off, it's they're. Second read the topic title, shipped =\= sold. This is a fact
---
GFAQs mods: where you get modded for practically nothing :D
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#55UtaNapishtiPosted 5/13/2013 12:42:28 AM
Stopped by EB games today, and there were a good 6 new copies sitting on the shelf, marked down 10 bucks. There was also 2 new copies...for 5 dollars less than new. Real incentive to buy there.

I know this is just anecdotal evidence, but I'm hearing the same from a lot of people. This would either mean it sold really well on its first shipment and then suddenly everybody lost interest (in contrast with braindead hypothesis' like "people suddenly finally to give it a chance", or it simply never sold well to begin with as all sources indicated.
#56NostalgiaRulesPosted 5/13/2013 12:51:30 AM
UtaNapishti posted...
Stopped by EB games today, and there were a good 6 new copies sitting on the shelf, marked down 10 bucks. There was also 2 new copies...for 5 dollars less than new. Real incentive to buy there.

I know this is just anecdotal evidence, but I'm hearing the same from a lot of people. This would either mean it sold really well on its first shipment and then suddenly everybody lost interest (in contrast with braindead hypothesis' like "people suddenly finally to give it a chance", or it simply never sold well to begin with as all sources indicated.

So when you say that they marked it down to give people an incentive to buy, is that because it sold really well and they're marking it down to give people a little push to buy it, or it didn't sell well and they marked it down because of lack of interest in the game?
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#57UtaNapishtiPosted 5/13/2013 12:56:22 AM
NostalgiaRules posted...
UtaNapishti posted...

So when you say that they marked it down to give people an incentive to buy, is that because it sold really well and they're marking it down to give people a little push to buy it, or it didn't sell well and they marked it down because of lack of interest in the game?

That was just a little aside on EB's stupidity. Marking down a game for just 5 dollars less than the new game is not going to make many people want to buy it used.
#58Blackmarvel79Posted 5/13/2013 9:08:13 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Strelok posted...

First off, it's they're. Second read the topic title, shipped =\= sold. This is a fact

The only fact I see is your still trolling. Thats all you do.
---
Playing Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Solid 2 HD.
#59StrelokPosted 5/13/2013 10:32:36 AM
It could be that DmC DID end up saving the DMC franchise, by showing Capcom that the fans want more of DMC1-4, not... whatever the hell DmC is supposed to be...

Right?

Oh, Capcom, I forgot, there is no logic to be found here.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#605hadowsPosted 5/13/2013 10:35:05 AM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Strelok posted...

The only fact I see is your still trolling. Thats all you do.

Ad hominen is a fallacy, the fact still stands sold =/= shipped.
---
Ill add something here later....