1.1 Million Copies Shipped vs. Sold (BIG Difference)

#61ScreamingMidgetPosted 5/13/2013 10:40:47 AM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Strelok posted...
Shipped does not equal sold to consumers.

There sold. Get over the butthurt. I hate the game but Im not going to be a denier about it. besides its on a fourth or fifth sales revision now. Do people really have to batch more about it.

First off, it's they're. Second read the topic title, shipped =\= sold. This is a fact

The only fact I see is your still trolling. Thats all you do.

You're*

I'd like to see where he's trolling.
#62StrelokPosted 5/13/2013 12:13:29 PM
He isn't.

And shipped does not equal sold when things like Greatest Hits and sales data is involved.

Capcom is so desperate tot ry to pass this off as a success/less of a complete failure it is pathetic.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#63FireMage7777Posted 5/13/2013 2:43:45 PM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Strelok posted...

There sold. Get over the butthurt. I hate the game but Im not going to be a denier about it. besides its on a fourth or fifth sales revision now. Do people really have to batch more about it.

First off, it's they're. Second read the topic title, shipped =\= sold. This is a fact

You're, and that's. And I don't troll
---
GFAQs mods: where you get modded for practically nothing :D
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#64RagueltheUFOPosted 5/13/2013 2:54:09 PM
Strelok posted...
It could be that DmC DID end up saving the DMC franchise, by showing Capcom that the fans want more of DMC1-4, not... whatever the hell DmC is supposed to be...

Right?

Oh, Capcom, I forgot, there is no logic to be found here.

They have no logic. You should see what they did to the Ace Attorney fanbase today. -_- Screwing us all over with digital copy only for the new game and Japan gets the physical copy and digital copy choice with their excuse saying they're doing it for the fans and its in our best interest and they're saving up money. Basically they want the series to die in the west because who in their right mind would buy a digital when you're going to let Japan get the choice?
#65SmashwarlocksPosted 5/13/2013 3:14:16 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Strelok posted...

You're, and that's. And I don't troll

And yet here you are. Trolling.
---
Score update. George Lucas 4 Basement Dwellers 0.
#66Malus_X6Posted 5/13/2013 3:22:57 PM
Ya know, I have the unmistakable urge to beat the crap out of all of you with a big-ass Keyblade.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#67FireMage7777Posted 5/13/2013 3:31:45 PM
Smashwarlocks posted...

How am I trolling when I'm not?
---
GFAQs mods: where you get modded for practically nothing :D
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#68ZeroX91Posted 5/13/2013 9:25:19 PM
People play 3ds games through nonillicit means? Color me impressed.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429N9zGDugc
#69xanketsuPosted 5/14/2013 2:08:20 AM
TheOriginalMax posted...
I think I know what's going on. There are a couple possibilities.

IMO the most likely one is Capcom just putting up a front for their investors. It's a very simple business practice: Just say everything is ok or a success, regardless of the truth. This is also known as PROPAGANDA. This is meant to lull the investors into a sense of security. They trust that investors will not have the time to check up on what actually happened, and rather just take what's said at face-value. Them officially lowering sales expectations to completely match the number of products sold is just a blanket being pulled in front of everyone's eyes.
Even the sales numbers come to question, and this is a very obvious issue: How on earth did their sales forecast go 1-to-1 with their reported sales? There is no WAY something like that can happen even with the best mathematicians out there. Hell, that would be like predicting the future with dead accuracy, which in turn would mean it's completely illogical for Capcom to lose money in the first place. Something is definitely amiss here, and I'm sure I'm not the first one suspecting sales fraud here. Unfortunately this is just the gaming industry so I doubt anyone will give a damn. Just sucks for the investors to be fooled like this. Basically I'm pretty sure Capcom actually broke the law here!

I'm not saying it's impossible for such an "old" game to suddenly sell far more copies, half of its sales, in a few months, but it's HIGHLY unlikely. There's even the question of Vgchartz's trustworthiness, as they have been WAY off in the past. What does beg to question is the fact that Capcom first reported losses and failures, yet when it comes time for this report meant for their investors, they completely contradict their previous reports. Now it doesn't take a genius to deduct what's going on here.
Although if we do go by Vgchartz's reports, DmC would have sold 400k copies, over half of the copies overall, in two months which started after two months from release. This is completely unheard of in regards to sales, there is nothing backing them up.

I mentioned breaking the law, so does this mean that I'm going to sue Capcom? No, I have no reason to. Or rather I can't, because I haven't been wronged here. What CAN happen, and I really hope it does, is Capcom's INVESTORS suing them for fraud.

Another possibility could be that Capcom actually sold the amount of copies they reported. Although where, and who would be stupid enough to buy multiple copies of a four month old game, is a good question.
This could also be a pride thing. They're too proud to admit in their fiscal year report they made a mistake, maybe they're still trying to stubbornly refuse they made a mistake?
Or it could be all of this combined. Who would know if they actually did break the law, right?

I was wondering, is there a way to make all of those known to the investors. Any ideas?
Maybe turn this into a infographic-comic a la The Oatmeal so it will become viral enough to spread?
---
I'm learning English.
#70StrelokPosted 5/14/2013 3:02:23 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
Smashwarlocks posted...

How am I trolling when I'm not?

Simple, you don't agree with his illogical fallacies.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg