For those who are saying DmC2 might happen now....

#11Lord_MizerPosted 5/8/2013 6:05:28 PM
Third, and last, for now, people will be more used to new Dante, since he has white hair again now.

...He HAD white hair in the reboot and and it didn't set the world on fire. There was a DLC outfit which had the DMC3 Dante involved.

I wish that you stop with the "lolz, it's only about the white hair" routine.

And I wouldn't be talking about dumb plots where all DmC could do was make a halfassed version of They Live + Futurama vs. Fox News.

All this from a video game developer known for "impressive storytelling."
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#12NaturalEvil1Posted 5/8/2013 6:06:56 PM
Lord_Mizer posted...
Third, and last, for now, people will be more used to new Dante, since he has white hair again now.

...He HAD white hair in the reboot and and it didn't set the world on fire. There was a DLC outfit which had the DMC3 Dante involved.

I wish that you stop with the "lolz, it's only about the white hair" routine.

And I wouldn't be talking about dumb plots where all DmC could do was make a halfassed version of They Live + Futurama vs. Fox News.

All this from a video game developer known for "impressive storytelling."

What's sad is that Ninja Theory actually outsourced all their writers for their past titles. DmC is proof they can't anything worthwhile by themselves.
#13PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 6:12:33 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
Oh so now you antis are acknowledging the possibility of a sequel? How low have the mighty fallen.

Im not acknowledging any possibility of a sequel to DmC, if you had any comprehension skills you could see that. Im simply asking why would they make a DmC2 when Devil May Cry 5 would be far more successful? DmC had it's chance to broaden the series's appeal and it ended up doing nothing more than shrinking it. The sales alone say that.

So Im asking you, as you are clearly a DmC cheerleader, why would Capcom continue with this reboot when there is not only a large demand for Devil May Cry 5 but Devil May Cry 4 itself was much more successful than DmC?

The fact that you made a thread about the possibility of a DmC2 being talked about already means you're acknowledging it.

First of all, you don't have facts about DMC5 demand over DmC2. Actually, one could argue that DmC sold less than expected partly because of DMC4 backlash (one half of a game, but sold at $60, dumb plot, Nero as the main character, also, check the number of copies sold by DMC2 compared to DMC1. Is it the better game?). Second, they wouldn't reboot if they didn't have a long term plan of at least 1 more game. Third, and last, for now, people will be more used to new Dante, since he has white hair again now.

Uh no, it means that I saw all the mindlessly hopeful topics about DmC2 on this board and I simply want to know why? O_o

"one could argue that DmC sold less than expected partly because of DMC4 backlash"

No you cant, everyone knew that DmC was handled by a new dev team and new story writers so why would anything having to do with Devil May Cry 4 have any impact on its sales? Thats the weakest argument I have ever seen

"Second, they wouldn't reboot if they didn't have a long term plan of at least 1 more game."

In the business world, when something fails to do what it sets out to accomplish, any future plans for it get axed. And you have to look at the facts, there is a far bigger demand for a Devil May Cry 5 than there is for a DmC2. The "DmC" image of the reboot is tarnished as is, the only reason why they went through with it after the uproar was because they were too far into development. You can bet they wont make a mistake of green lighting a sequel with DmC's sales

"Third, and last, for now, people will be more used to new Dante, since he has white hair again now"

You're kidding right? Nobody cared about the different hair, it was the different universe and different art style that people were upset about. The lack of white hair on Dante just gave away the mindset behind the reboot, thats all people pointed out.
---
PSVita & 3DS