Can someone explain how DmC sales were solid?

#1JanneDaArc135Posted 5/9/2013 4:41:32 PM
This to all the pros except ink cause hez cool :)
So DmC sold 1.1 out of a REVISED 2.0
That equals 55% of what it should have sold. In other words that is an F if you were to measure it by school standards. F for failure. How does that equal solid sales when you got a failing grade? If by some miraculous line of reasoning it IS solid does that mean the next time I submit a report to my boss but they say its only 55% of what they were expecting can I say that it still was a SOLID report?
Please someone explain :(
#2Phantom_Opera_GPosted 5/9/2013 4:43:33 PM
Something, something mate. Mate.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktRigt_WFg
#3Rising_shadowPosted 5/9/2013 4:45:46 PM
Matey mate but DmC rocks mate.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#4Dark_EpathyPosted 5/9/2013 4:45:54 PM
Why is this even a big deal? The game did not meet Capcom's expectations time and time again. It did not sell more than DMC4, in fact. Those are all truths.

Why is this an issue? Capcom tried to spin the situation in a way that would make their company look better--so, what? Is it so important to "win" that we need to continually beat this dead horse?

The only people rubbing this in are trolls, antis. You know this already.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#5NaturalEvil1Posted 5/9/2013 4:47:30 PM
I don't think anybody really knows. This game barely scrapes by one million and all the troll pros are masturbating to that number like crazy. But it simply doesn't make sense, since DmC was hovering around the 700/800k just last month. So suddenly we're suppose to believe that it sold 400k in a matter of weeks?

Nobody knows what Capcom meant by "solid". But it certainly doesn't mean "good" or "successful" for a game meant to make a huge profit but ended up selling the absolute worst out of the entire franchise.
#6ScreamingMidgetPosted 5/9/2013 5:03:12 PM
But, mate! DmC is the best game ever, mate!

Mate!
#7Blackmarvel79Posted 5/9/2013 5:12:20 PM
I think by solid was that it probably turned a profit. Cant imagine it was a great profit. But this game surprisingly isnt in the bargain bin yet.
---
Playing Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Solid 2 HD.
#8Pesmerga255Posted 5/9/2013 5:15:58 PM
It'll be in the bargain bin soon. I see more and more pre-owned copies in game stores every time I visit.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#9Blackmarvel79Posted 5/9/2013 5:20:18 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
It'll be in the bargain bin soon. I see more and more pre-owned copies in game stores every time I visit.

Surprisingly in the Pittsburgh area they cant get them traded in. They gave me 35 in trade for it in April. They gave me an email solicitation telling me what they were giving. I was disapointed with it so for 35 in trade they could have it back.
---
Playing Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Solid 2 HD.
#10lokithefoolPosted 5/9/2013 5:20:24 PM
JanneDaArc135 posted...
This to all the pros except ink cause hez cool :)
So DmC sold 1.1 out of a REVISED 2.0
That equals 55% of what it should have sold. In other words that is an F if you were to measure it by school standards. F for failure. How does that equal solid sales when you got a failing grade? If by some miraculous line of reasoning it IS solid does that mean the next time I submit a report to my boss but they say its only 55% of what they were expecting can I say that it still was a SOLID report?
Please someone explain :(

I don't think the game has broke even yet.