Can someone explain how DmC sales were solid?

#11RichterB17Posted 5/9/2013 4:24:43 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
Why is this even a big deal? The game did not meet Capcom's expectations time and time again. It did not sell more than DMC4, in fact. Those are all truths.

Why is this an issue? Capcom tried to spin the situation in a way that would make their company look better--so, what? Is it so important to "win" that we need to continually beat this dead horse?

The only people rubbing this in are trolls, antis. You know this already.

People are sensitive. Honestly, let their idiocy run rampant, it's funny.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#12RayconPosted 5/9/2013 5:04:53 PM
RichterB17 posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...
Why is this even a big deal? The game did not meet Capcom's expectations time and time again. It did not sell more than DMC4, in fact. Those are all truths.

Why is this an issue? Capcom tried to spin the situation in a way that would make their company look better--so, what? Is it so important to "win" that we need to continually beat this dead horse?

The only people rubbing this in are trolls, antis. You know this already.

People are sensitive. Honestly, let their idiocy run rampant, it's funny.

Pretty much the only reason I check this place anymore.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#13Dark_EpathyPosted 5/9/2013 5:19:38 PM
Well, yeah--it just baffles me that this is a big deal. Capcom won't ever admit that they screwed up. That wouldn't look good. : P

There's just something strange about this board that brings me back. I was doing a really good job of avoiding it for a little bit, but then I relapsed. : \
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#14sfvfkofPosted 5/9/2013 5:26:43 PM
does anyone have a link to the original Capcom statement. I saw the gamespot article, but it didn't quote the sales as something Capcom stated but seemed to just grab the last expected sales goal.
#15caffiend7Posted 5/9/2013 6:21:17 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
Well, yeah--it just baffles me that this is a big deal. Capcom won't ever admit that they screwed up. That wouldn't look good. : P

There's just something strange about this board that brings me back. I was doing a really good job of avoiding it for a little bit, but then I relapsed. : \

This board is like a train wreck, you cant look away
#16Windmaster715Posted 5/9/2013 6:25:18 PM
They were solid because they probably atleast broke even compared to their original cost of making and promoting the game. they probably hope they can make a sequel and profit more, hoping they got enough fans for the new one

btw breaking even is just as good as failing. they will need to go above and beyond with a sequel
---
Ignore my typos