dmc=new coca cola Devil may cry 5=coca cola classic

#11AlexxShadenk777Posted 5/10/2013 1:16:15 PM(edited)
FijianBadAzz posted...
How is weapon shifting any easier in DmC? The original DMC series let you press a button to change weapons, now you have to hold a button or press a button and then hold a button, and I don't want to even start with story

If you paid any attention to past games, in DMC3 you had 5 weapons and 5 guns, but only had access to 2 of each at a time, switcheable between a button for each pair. The rest of the weapons were only accessible via UI -- a Divinity Statue.
In DMC4 you had 3 weapons and 3 guns, but you had to cycle between all 3 of each set with a single button. It was no longer instant weapon switching.

In DmC you have access to 5 weapons instantly useable at any one time, on paper it sounds like a great improvement in matter of ease of access, doesn't it? I'm not saying this is my opinion, I'm only posing the question. Well, does it not? Only the guns still retain the cycling through a set of 3 with a single button, but there isn't a time where you wouldn't want to stick to one of them since they progressively become more efficient in damage and after getting the Shotgun there's barely any reason at all to use the pistols again, whereas in 3 you can potentially use any gun in any situation because the controls and combat are so good -- it's entirely possible, for example, to defeat Vergil 3 with nothing but the Shotgun and its Gunslinger moves.
Meanwhile in 4 they don't feel important or fluid anymore, each one has their uses for sure, but they're so slow and laggy by comparision, Gunslinger got a serious downgrade on nealy every single aspect, so they feel utterly insignificant, at least for me.

The point is, they knew what they were doing with the weapons in DmC. They made the FIVE melee weapons instantly accessible at any one time, and made sure that the guns were useful to only certain situations, so you didn't have to worry about cycling through 3 to get the one you could really make use of.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013
#12Edward_R_MurrowPosted 5/10/2013 2:54:39 PM
But weapon switching isn't "instant" in DmC. In DMC4 I had no problem getting exactly the weapon I wanted once I got used to a fast double-tap of Right-Trigger/R2. In DmC, I'll do High Time and want to follow up with a Angel/Demon B/Circle-button move and, whoops, here's Helm-Breaker instead. There's a noticeable lag with stance switching.

Not to mention the fact that Donte's FIVE WHOLE WEAPONS barely manage to have as many unique actions as Nero's one weapon because shoehorning in Heavenly Sword's stance system was the main reason there was no lock-on and directional inputs.
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#13SHMYazooPosted 5/10/2013 5:41:25 PM
Edward_R_Murrow posted...
But weapon switching isn't "instant" in DmC. In DMC4 I had no problem getting exactly the weapon I wanted once I got used to a fast double-tap of Right-Trigger/R2. In DmC, I'll do High Time and want to follow up with a Angel/Demon B/Circle-button move and, whoops, here's Helm-Breaker instead. There's a noticeable lag with stance switching.

Not to mention the fact that Donte's FIVE WHOLE WEAPONS barely manage to have as many unique actions as Nero's one weapon because shoehorning in Heavenly Sword's stance system was the main reason there was no lock-on and directional inputs.

Nope, just need to get good, man. But I guess you think you reached the skill ceiling the DMC tournament players still haven't even gotten to according to them, right?

And I'm also guessing you haven't counted how many moves are available to you.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#14AlexxShadenk777Posted 5/11/2013 3:33:31 AM
Edward_R_Murrow posted...

It's not input lag, it's input buffering, (you can thank your good friend DMC4 for this feature, though it's definitely far more noticeable in DmC), you're actually pressing the button a split second before switching stances. It means you actually have to be more precise with when you press anything.

Not to mention the fact that Donte's FIVE WHOLE WEAPONS barely manage to have as many unique actions as Nero's one weapon because (...) there was no lock-on and directional inputs.

So we're back to this, are we? Yes, the lack of a lock-on limits weapon versatility, it is a point against its depth, but why complain about it for the millioneth time? They made the controls and moves easier to perform to circumvent the lack of a lock-on and did it well, regardless, and you shouldn't really be comparing DmC Dante with Nero. It's like comparing Nero with DMC1 Dante, the characters deal with combat very differently with only minimal (design) similarities.

To clarify, DmC Dante's combat is very much focused on air combos and jump cancelling. As you'll notice, Nero lacks the air variety Dante does (also valid for DMC4 and 3).

Nero's combat is much more focused on the ground and crowd control. The EXceed feature increases the amount of hits, damage and usually range in some way. If you try to stay suspended in the air, you really only have access to 3 moves to maintain air play; Air Combo, Calibur and Snatch, and if you're feeling particularly smart, Blue Rose and DT'd Buster. Once again, DmC Dante kicks Nero away for having not only essentially the same moves, but even more so to perform in the air, and he's also capable of juggling way more than 2 enemies at a time, something Nero is only capable of doing in the best of situations; yes, it's far more difficult to perform, but you wanted to talk about variety and versatility, right?

...And when you think about it, DmC Dante has sufficient ground and crowd control skills as well, namely, oh I don't know, Rebellion, Osiris, Aquila, Fireworks and a couple of Eryx moves. So objectively, you can't really say Nero has more unique moves because both characters are capable of handling the same situations on the ground, and Dante is far more capable of doing air play of the two. Even if, individually, Dante's weapons have less moves than Nero's single weapon, that's just damned obvious and goes without saying, considering Nero doesn't have more than one weapon, so the controls and movesets are aptly adapted for each game.

As I said, you can't really compare the two. Especially when you are unwilling to look at them without a sense of objectivity.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013
#15pigboyPosted 5/11/2013 6:43:12 AM
UtaNapishti posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/65596739

lol, I like the term "Classic Devil May Cry".

The new slogan of Capcom should be "Can't Beat the Real Thing!"
#16Edward_R_MurrowPosted 5/11/2013 6:33:23 PM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
you're actually pressing the button a split second before switching stances. It means you actually have to be more precise with when you press anything.

That doesn't match up with my experience. There were many instances in which I was testing this, would depress the trigger to change stance and then do a face-button input and I would get the neutral/previous stance instead of the one I had immediately pressed. For some reason or another, a delay existed. Perhaps input lag isn't a terribly precise term, but there was something off about stance switching.

They made the controls and moves easier to perform to circumvent the lack of a lock-on and did it well

I don't really think DmC made things easier in this regard. Directional inputs actually make things a lot easier and more comfortable once you get used to them.

Same thing with DmC's weapon/stance switch. To get to any given weapon set I need to depress the trigger(s) as well as press the D-Pad instead of just clicking in a trigger button (once or twice) like I did in the old games. It has the complexity of inputs required for DMC4 Dante without anywhere near the breadth of unique techniques available for my effort. Pay more, get less: Ninja Theory in a nutshell.

Nero's combat is much more focused on the ground and crowd control.

Uh, no. He's just as much about branching air-combos. Donte rips this off of him completely. Check out his three versions of Aerial Rave, two versions of Roulette Spin, his Ophion pull/lift, and his equivalents to Buster or Split for when you want to go down from the air. All from Nero.

Once again, DmC Dante kicks Nero away for having not only essentially the same moves, but even more so to perform in the air

For all of Donte's extra weaponry he has Rainstorm, Fireworks, Buy-In, Drop, and Rake over Nero in the air. Everything else Donte has is a functional equivalent of one of Nero's moves or a redundancy. That's kind of disappointing, no?

and he's also capable of juggling way more than 2 enemies at a time, something Nero is only capable of doing in the best of situations

Outside of Legendary Dark Knight, when would Nero really have an opportunity to juggle more than two enemies? Or need to for that matter?

And let's be real, Dante mostly juggles multiple Stygians at a time, with the occasional Knight/Ravager; nothing else. Hell, much of the moveset in DmC is borderline useless against non-Stygians, and there's precious little combo potential against the "heavy" enemies that start to infest every encounter in later levels and higher difficulties. It's DMC3's enemy cast all over again...except far worse.

"So objectively, you can't really say Nero has more unique moves because both characters are capable of handling the same situations on the ground, and Dante is far more capable of doing air play of the two" [ran out of quote blocks here]

I'm not saying Nero has more, I'm saying it's kinda sad that Donte, with a much more expansive arsenal, is close to on par with Nero...a guy with one sword, one gun, and only one attack button....in terms of moveset diversity. And that's to say nothing of the quality/fun factor of the movesets, which would go solidly in Nero's favor.
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf