So I looked up the most recent sales on DmC, and this is what I came up with.

#11_Uwye_Posted 5/10/2013 10:34:37 AM
lokithefool posted...
Xbox 360

Total Units
North America: 0.14m 59.1%
+ Europe: 0.06m 27.1%
+ Japan: 0.01m 4.5%
+ Rest of the World: 0.02m 9.3%
= Global 0.24m

PS3

Units
North America: 0.15m 31.9%
+ Europe: 0.10m 20.6%
+ Japan: 0.18m 38.0%
+ Rest of the World: 0.04m 9.5%
= Global 0.47m

Lol, VGChartz.

Now factoring in the PC sales as well doesn't this still make it just shy of a million?

The 1.1 millions figure is PS360 only.
#125hadowsPosted 5/10/2013 10:36:36 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
lokithefool posted...
Xbox 360

Total Units
= Global 0.24m

PS3

Units
= Global 0.47m

Lol, VGChartz.

Now factoring in the PC sales as well doesn't this still make it just shy of a million?

In all fariness, VGChartz is currently way more reliable than Capcom sale statements.
---
Ill add something here later....
#13lokithefool(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 11:49:21 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
lokithefool posted...
Xbox 360

Total Units
= Global 0.24m

PS3

Units
= Global 0.47m

Lol, VGChartz.

Well VG chartz was the provider of the info, but not its source. It was a sales figure from just the end of last month. I think its a pretty accurate number. Still the weather it came in just short of a million, or slightly above it still stands as a financial flop. Considering the length of time, and budget of the game not getting made back.
#14_Uwye_Posted 5/10/2013 1:03:51 PM
lokithefool posted...
Well VG chartz was the provider of the info, but not its source.

And what source would that be? As far as I know VGChartz just makes up (very) rough estimates from who-knows-what sources that at times end up being veeeery far from the real ones. For example according to them DMC3 vanilla on the PS2 sold 2.09 millions (according to Capcom is 1.3 millions) and the Special Edition -alone- sold 2.21 millions (and yet it doesn't appear in Capcom's hall of million seller). So...yeah?

Fake edit. This is what they use for their estimates:

All sales estimates on VGChartz are arrived at via a number of proprietrary and ever-developing methods:

* Passively polling end users to find out what games they are currently purchasing and playing
* Polling retail partners to find out what games and hardware they are selling
* Using statistical trend fitting and historical data for similar games
* Studying resell prices to determine consumer demand and inventory levels
* Consulting with publishers and manufacturers to find out how many units they are introducing into the channel

VGChartz simply isn't reliable.
#15cthulhufatagnPosted 5/10/2013 1:08:48 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
lokithefool posted...

And what source would that be? As far as I know VGChartz just makes up (very) rough estimates from who-knows-what sources that at times end up being veeeery far from the real ones. For example according to them DMC3 vanilla on the PS2 sold 2.09 millions (according to Capcom is 1.3 millions) and the Special Edition -alone- sold 2.21 millions (and yet it doesn't appear in Capcom's hall of million seller). So...yeah?

All sales estimates on VGChartz are arrived at via a number of proprietrary and ever-developing methods:

* Passively polling end users to find out what games they are currently purchasing and playing
* Consulting with publishers and manufacturers to find out how many units they are introducing into the channel

NPD has lower #'s if that helps :3, and NPD is reliable. So yeah, the game didn't sell 1.1 million, or even a million, or even 750k
---
Cthulhu Fatagn!!!
#16lokithefool(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 2:22:17 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
lokithefool posted...

Well I would love to trust that analsis, but companies are constantly changing, and updating their methods. DMC 3 vanilla, and special edition came out what year again? 2005-2006? Any past analysis of their ability is kind of a moot point when we are talking about current methods.
#17_Uwye_Posted 5/10/2013 2:35:12 PM
lokithefool posted...
Well I would love to trust that analsis, but companies are constantly changing, and updating their methods. DMC 3 vanilla, and special edition came out what year again? 2005-2006? Any past analysis of their ability is kind of a moot point when we are talking about current methods.

Too old? Ok then.

-Hitman Absolution.
VGChartz. 3 millions
Square: 3.6 mllions.

-Tomb raider.
VGChartz: 2.2 millions
Square: 3.4 mllions.

-Tekken Tag 2
VGChartz: 0.77 millions.
Namco: 1.3 millions.

Don't bother with VGChartz.
#18lokithefool(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 2:54:22 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
lokithefool posted...

Too old? Ok then.

-Hitman Absolution.
VGChartz. 3 millions

-Tomb raider.

-Tekken Tag 2

Well we know that companies typically list Shipped units as sold units, so all those numbers are skewed upwards, and it seems VG charts errors on the negative side of things. So is the truth in-between those statistics. Also FireMage is a crazy guy sometimes, but he sure isn't a liar. So I trust his word that the game only sold 750 thousand units.
#19cthulhufatagnPosted 5/10/2013 3:01:13 PM
lokithefool posted...
_Uwye_ posted...
lokithefool posted...

Too old? Ok then.

-Hitman Absolution.
VGChartz. 3 millions

-Tomb raider.

-Tekken Tag 2

Well we know that companies typically list Shipped units as sold units, so all those numbers are skewed upwards, and it seems VG charts errors on the negative side of things. So is the truth in-between those statistics. Also FireMage is a crazy guy sometimes, but he sure isn't a liar. So I trust his word that the game only sold 750 thousand units.

I AM pretty crazy :D

But yeah I could add another on there that even more of a lie

FFXIII-2
Sales from release in Japan to May of 2012 1.4 million
Then suddenly when LR was announced (either Sep or Oct 2012) it was said that it #'s were at 2.9 million. Basically a statistical impossibility, unless we're using shipped #'s. So honestly if multiple companies do this, why are people believing Capcom...unless they're trolling deliberately
---
Cthulhu Fatagn!!!
#20lokithefool(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 3:12:01 PM
cthulhufatagn posted...
lokithefool posted...
_Uwye_ posted...
lokithefool posted...

Too old? Ok then.

-Hitman Absolution.
VGChartz. 3 millions

-Tomb raider.

-Tekken Tag 2

I AM pretty crazy :D

But yeah I could add another on there that even more of a lie

FFXIII-2
Sales from release in Japan to May of 2012 1.4 million
Then suddenly when LR was announced (either Sep or Oct 2012) it was said that it #'s were at 2.9 million. Basically a statistical impossibility, unless we're using shipped #'s. So honestly if multiple companies do this, why are people believing Capcom...unless they're trolling deliberately

I will give Capcom one thing the same people that made this sound track are the master trolls of the game industry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q