Why did Capcom and Ninja Theory not pay attention and fix things in the game?

#61UtaNapishtiPosted 5/11/2013 7:00:16 AM(edited)
nukeboysback posted...

That's true, I sure as hell won't waste money on a game I already own.

Nonetheless, how does DMC 1-3 approximately sell 8 mil, but an HD remake on two consoles sells only 800.000.

GoW 1-2 sells about 8 mil but an HD remake on one console sells 2 mil.

It's called having a fanbase.

DmC saved the series.

You're making up the rules as you go along.

First it was "DMCHD sold only 800000 compared to DMC4's 2.6mi, so that therefore my point somehow because God of War collection sold better"

Now that its "DMC1-3 and GoW1-2 both sold roughly the same therefore we'll only use those numbers to evaluate how well their HD remakes should sell".

Besides being totally arbitrary, your new rules are false. As I showed you, GoW1-2 sold closer to 9 million, and DMC1-3 sold closer to 5.2 million.

So why are you lying about easily researchable things?
#62Ether101Posted 5/11/2013 7:11:08 AM
PunkMcThrust posted...
For pretty much the whole DmC debacle DMC fans were criticizing the gameplay and telling them what they were doing wrong.

So why did they not listen and change the gameplay? The game could have actually been good had they taken the criticism to heart and fixed the combat and platforming.

I think it's the same reason why Nintendo made a Zelda game that was one big reference to ALttP slowly to tell the fans of that game to go **** themselves.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#63OracleGunnerPosted 5/11/2013 7:14:02 AM
nukeboysback posted...

Nonetheless, how does DMC 1-3 approximately sell 8 mil, but an HD remake on two consoles sells only 800.000.

DmC saved the series.

Again nukey how many of those were console sales? The GoW collection features more games than the DMC collection as well that could be a factor. And the fanbase of GoW is what twice the amount of the DMC fanbase at any given time. Now then why would I buy a collection for games I currently own? My PS2 still works and my DMC games still work as well. Why should I go and buy the same games? This game managed to break the fanbase and sell less than any other DMC game. If Capcom hadn't lowered its sales estimates it wouldn't even be considered solid. DmC managed to ruin a series, not save it, instead of improving the gameplay, the core aspect of the DMC series, it managed to make it boring and is a step down from the previous games. You could argue the addition of a dodge button as an improvement, but it's implementation was done poorly, I would understand if in the lower difficulties dodge would be broken, but in the higher difficulties it shouldn't break the game. The A.I. is also a downgrade, want invincibility just move the camera, and don't get me started on how ridiculous the color coding is.

To sum it up DmC is a downgrade, not an improvement, nor a savior. GoW sells because it's more popular, more accessible and knows its audience. It also helps that it got enough commercials and hype to make sure people knew it existed.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
#64KyryloPosted 5/11/2013 7:23:14 AM
nukeboysback posted...

DmC saved the series.

DmC don'T have fanbase. Only people jumped on bandwagon of spite. DMC always sold worse than GoW. so it's only logical collection sold better too. You also forgot that one of the collections are PSP only games. Which means PS2 gamers haven't played them. And what most importantly Capcom did lazy job making DMC HD.
#65tehdudPosted 5/11/2013 8:28:36 AM(edited)
tehdud posted...
tehdud posted...
Maybe a majority of the 2 mil fans already have dmc 1-3 on ps2 and didnt want to rebuy. Pros proving their lack of logic again.

So GoW fans don't have one or two on the ps2? Lmao knock it of troll.
It's called actually having a fanbase.

One other thing, GoW released multiple HD remakes, three to be exact and they all sold more than 800,000. Why couldn't DMC HD do so? I guess the 2 mil fans moved on after 4...

GOW Collection 15/11/2009
GOW3 3/16/2010

GOW Saga 28/8/2012
GOW:A 3/12/2013

its called hype and marketing, did DMC HD have that? released 4 years after DMC4, in that time even people who were introduced to the DMC franchise by 4, would have likely picked up a cheap PS2 and the old games.

And going by your lack of logic, GOW2 sold nearly 4m, why was collection so unpopular with the fans?

Read the response above I answered everything.

Another thing, you clearly said 'hype'. You need a fan-base to have hype lol! Thanks for proving my point.

DMC 1-3 sold 5.1m, thats from your oh so reliable CAPCOM source. when you arent pulling numbers out the ass, all of a sudden gow collection didnt sell as well as you boasted.

you are devoid of logic. do you even know how hype works?
the collections sell off the hype of the new games that's yet to come out.
clearly DmC created no hype for DMC collection to feed off.

good job making yourself look stupid lmao

You're making up the rules as you go along.

goalpost moving. its a trait of capcom fanboys.
---
http://i.imgur.com/f9v1SV5.gif
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#66ScreamingMidgetPosted 5/11/2013 9:31:39 AM
Wow, nukeyboii is still throwing buttmad temper tantrums. Did all your pro friends on the 360 board leave you behind?
#67Nick_KazamaPosted 5/11/2013 9:34:40 AM
Capcom and NT - Durr hurr, let's just put some disk locked content in! That'll make everyone lurve and buy the game!
---
My harem -
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/NIck_Kazama/bunnyharuhi.jpg
#68PunkMcThrust(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 11:43:25 AM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
I guarantee you they didnt care. The lack of resources they sunk in this game probably guaranteed a profit at a half million sales. After playing this game thoroughly I could tell they didnt have a huge investment in this game.

Except it took 5 years to make, used an expensive mo-cap studio (only to get awful looking motion capture out of it), had the most advertising of any Devil May Cry game ever made by far, was a PR disaster, had a full soundtrack by two licensed artists, had to go through constant revisions, and had Capcom staff flown out monthly to check up on the game.

DmC was by far the most expensive DMC game to make, ever.
---
Armstrong for President
#69PunkMcThrust(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 11:45:44 AM
UtaNapishti posted...
Chock me up as another who loved the original series but skipped the HD collection. I have all 3 games in perfect working order, and I still see used copies of them around for like 5 bucks. Seeing them in HD isn't going to sell it to me, or many others.

For me it was more about being able to play Devil May Cry 1 without the horrifically terrible controls.
And DMC1 looks really great on the HD Collection. They upped the framerate, made everything brighter and much more sharp, no longer dark and blurry.
---
Armstrong for President
#70UtaNapishtiPosted 5/11/2013 2:56:32 PM
PunkMcThrust posted...
UtaNapishti posted...
Chock me up as another who loved the original series but skipped the HD collection. I have all 3 games in perfect working order, and I still see used copies of them around for like 5 bucks. Seeing them in HD isn't going to sell it to me, or many others.

For me it was more about being able to play Devil May Cry 1 without the horrifically terrible controls.
And DMC1 looks really great on the HD Collection. They upped the framerate, made everything brighter and much more sharp, no longer dark and blurry.

Wait...did they actually improve the controls for DMC1?

I may be tempted...