Why did Capcom and Ninja Theory not pay attention and fix things in the game?

#71PunkMcThrust(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 4:03:55 PM
UtaNapishti posted...
PunkMcThrust posted...
UtaNapishti posted...
Chock me up as another who loved the original series but skipped the HD collection. I have all 3 games in perfect working order, and I still see used copies of them around for like 5 bucks. Seeing them in HD isn't going to sell it to me, or many others.

For me it was more about being able to play Devil May Cry 1 without the horrifically terrible controls.
And DMC1 looks really great on the HD Collection. They upped the framerate, made everything brighter and much more sharp, no longer dark and blurry.

Wait...did they actually improve the controls for DMC1?

I may be tempted...

That was like the only reason I bought it really.

No more jumping with triangle and attacking with circle. Jump with X, attack with Triangle.
The way god meant it to be. I couldn't stand playing the original so the HD version really improved things for me.
---
Armstrong for President
#72NostalgiaRulesPosted 5/11/2013 10:42:26 PM
nukeboysback posted...
Because they knew better then to listen to a couple of crying kids on the Internet.

DmC was a success and it's all because NT and Capcom stuck to their guns and believed that a good product would sell.

I'm glad they succeeded and can't wait for part two.

Not to sound rude, but I think when TC said "why didn't Capcom and NT fix things in the game?" I think he/she meant why didn't Capcom and/or NT play test the game to make sure all the bugs and kinks were worked out? The game really was glitchy to the point of where a patch was needed to sort things out.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#73StrelokPosted 5/11/2013 10:56:13 PM
Yes, it clearly sold... about 2 million less than the game they wanted it to be better as...

And I guess 2 million people (at least) is "a couple of crying kids".

And lolol @ calling this a good product.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#74_Uwye_Posted 5/12/2013 12:56:23 AM(edited)
nukeboysback posted...
Sure 2008's DMC 4 sold 2 mil, but once again, where were those 2 mil fans from DMC 4 when HD released in 2013? DMC was on the same route as Onimusha and Viewtuful Joe. If DMC still had a fanbase, HD wouldn't have sold only 800,000 copies unlike GoW collection which sold 2 mil and still has a fanbase.

First, DMC4 sold 2.7 millions on the PS360, plus and undisclovered amount on PC.

Second (said multiple times already but repetita iuvant), GoW1-3 sold on average 4 millions, so according to your "logic" GoW is a waning series too.

You have no counter argument for this which is why you got your feelings hurt and resorted to pathetic insults.

Ahahahah, oh wow. Look who's accusing others of having no argument.

PunkMcThrust posted...
UtaNapishti posted...
Chock me up as another who loved the original series but skipped the HD collection. I have all 3 games in perfect working order, and I still see used copies of them around for like 5 bucks. Seeing them in HD isn't going to sell it to me, or many others.

For me it was more about being able to play Devil May Cry 1 without the horrifically terrible controls.
And DMC1 looks really great on the HD Collection. They upped the framerate, made everything brighter and much more sharp, no longer dark and blurry.

Not only that, but europeans FINALLY could play DMC1 with 60hz and full screen and FINALLY play DMC:SE with Turbo Mode. Also widescreen helps gameplay too. :)