Man...I'm really glad I picked up MGR over DmC!

#21Nick_KazamaPosted 5/11/2013 9:28:51 AM
I bought MGR new just to spite DmC. Seeing as MGR is the main rival to DmC, I really wanted to spite Crapcom and Failure Theory.

Rising is good, the gameplay is really fun (I'm addicted to chopping things up...) but the thing was WAY too short. As in 7 levels that took me less than 4 hours and 30 minutes to beat.
---
My harem -
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/NIck_Kazama/bunnyharuhi.jpg
#22Rising_shadowPosted 5/11/2013 9:30:31 AM
You can tell he's lying since at the very least the custscenes in the game are about an hour and a half long. Not to mention, on a first playthrough you'd want to explore levels and not rush through them since there are skippable segments and hidden materials. The only way MGR would be two hours long is if you skipped through every single cutscene, did no stealth segments whatsoever and just rushed through the game while skipping every single conversation without even pausing to read or even accessing the customization menu. In short, Shatter is more full of it than my colon on a busy day.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#23shatterstarPosted 5/11/2013 9:36:43 AM
Rising_shadow posted...
So first it was a friend of yours who got an early copy and now you're saying you actually bough MGR. Despite calling the Ray Rex and the Codec Codex and living in Australia where MGR was released a week late due to shipping issues. As usual, you're full of it, shattertroll.

It's alright Rising _Shadow. Not everyone has 20/20 vision or capable of comprehending even the most simplest of things.

Where in my post did I say I bought MGR? I will never, ever pay full price for a PG game. Because they're always short games and aren't worth the full price.

So once again. I bought it from my friend for $20 bucks after he was done with it, which didn't take long, since the campaign was only 2 hours long, like Anarchy Reigns, Vanquish, and so on and so on.

The whole combat system consisted of counter, QTE, manual slice, counter, QTE, manual slice. Which is the most craptastic combat system PG has ever made in their entire life.

At least NT managed to design a way better combat system and that's not even their specialty.
#24KyryloPosted 5/11/2013 9:37:32 AM
shatterstar posted...
Kyrylo posted...
shatterstar posted...
I find this topic pretty funny. Because when I traded MGR in after beating it twice and it only took me 4 hours. The store gave me a Wii U with a big ass sticker on the box saying ..,,"Don't buy PG's Wonderful 101 because it only takes an hour and 30 minutes to complete.

So I went to Hideki Kamiya's twitter page to complain and he treated me just like he treated you lots about complaining to him about DmC.

Basically handed me a can of Mountain Dew with his urine in it and told me to get lost.

He sure knows how to treat his fans....lol.

show me sticker. I also have 0 enthusiasm to replay DmC after beating it on Nephilim which I beat *GASP* in one day. Yeah you heard it right shatter, one day, just as MGR. So please keep your bs. and lies for somebody who don't knows.

There's 12 hours in a day mate...lol. Because it took me just 2 out of the 12 hours to beat MGR which is the going length of PG games these days.

So it took you 12 hours to beat DmC on Nephilim difficulty. I really do think you should rephrase that a little better mate. You don't want people to think you're a noob.

Because if you don't play DMC like the hardcore fans, you're not a fan...lol.

no. I manage do some stuff for university and finish Jak2. So I started some late midday. If you CANT beat this game in short time than you surely noob. I beat it on Nephilim without any serious resistance. I even done 3 more levels on SoS than I felt bored and deleted it from my Data Utitlity to free place for better games to instal.
#25KyryloPosted 5/11/2013 9:42:06 AM
shatterstar posted...
Rising_shadow posted...
So first it was a friend of yours who got an early copy and now you're saying you actually bough MGR. Despite calling the Ray Rex and the Codec Codex and living in Australia where MGR was released a week late due to shipping issues. As usual, you're full of it, shattertroll.

It's alright Rising _Shadow. Not everyone has 20/20 vision or capable of comprehending even the most simplest of things.

Where in my post did I say I bought MGR? I will never, ever pay full price for a PG game. Because they're always short games and aren't worth the full price.

So once again. I bought it from my friend for $20 bucks after he was done with it, which didn't take long, since the campaign was only 2 hours long, like Anarchy Reigns, Vanquish, and so on and so on.

The whole combat system consisted of counter, QTE, manual slice, counter, QTE, manual slice. Which is the most craptastic combat system PG has ever made in their entire life.

At least NT managed to design a way better combat system and that's not even their specialty.

With only 2 combos per weapon? better combat? kiddo when you grow up and start to play real games like Ninja Gaiden 2 or Bayonetta, you can voice your opinion. so far it's only bs. that barely holds together. The only reason I bought used copy of DmC is because you and likes of claimed it had superb combat. Now I know that everyone who claims that is either biased or plain blind.
#26Rising_shadowPosted 5/11/2013 9:48:06 AM(edited)

Counter? The frick are you even talking about? The only way to counter is the perfect parry and that stuns most enemies into a blade mode takedown which is an instant death for anyone with half a brain.
Normal slice? What. What the hell is a normal slice? You mean a normal string of attacks? Those aren't even the most damaging or best attacks in the game. Triangle strong attacks can stun enemies and a strong ninja run attack will set up an enemy for a blade mode kill instantly making them more useful than normal attacks unless you're using a unique weapon.
So no surprise, you're full of it, shatter. And you're still living in Australia where it's impossible for you to have gotten an early copy. And nobody with half a brain would sell you the game for 20 bucks when trading it in would give them at least more of their money back.

And the QTE's, what. The game has extremely few of them and they're all extremely easy. Armstrong is the boss with the most of them and they're just basically event material. Unless you count pressing L1 for Blade Mode a QTE, MGR has extremely few QTE's in general.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#27shatterstarPosted 5/11/2013 10:42:59 AM
Kyrylo posted...
shatterstar posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

With only 2 combos per weapon? better combat? kiddo when you grow up and start to play real games like Ninja Gaiden 2 or Bayonetta, you can voice your opinion. so far it's only bs. that barely holds together. The only reason I bought used copy of DmC is because you and likes of claimed it had superb combat. Now I know that everyone who claims that is either biased or plain blind.

With only 2 combos per weapon...???? Somebody isn't very creative...lol.

The only reason you bought DmC is because you're a DMC and Capcom fanboy and you will continue to do so. So don't try to put your purchase on us mate.

Take responsibilities for your own actions like a grown man or woman should. You forked out your hard earn money to play a Capcom game based on your favorite franchise just like everyone else.

Deal with it.
#28SHMYazooPosted 5/11/2013 10:46:06 AM
Haha! Explore levels? In Metal Gear Corridor: R1 Ninja Run Spam?!

You guys...
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#29KyryloPosted 5/11/2013 10:46:51 AM
shatterstar posted...
Kyrylo posted...
shatterstar posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

With only 2 combos per weapon...???? Somebody isn't very creative...lol.

The only reason you bought DmC is because you're a DMC and Capcom fanboy and you will continue to do so. So don't try to put your purchase on us mate.

Take responsibilities for your own actions like a grown man or woman should. You forked out your hard earn money to play a Capcom game based on your favorite franchise just like everyone else.

Deal with it.

I correct myself. Only 2 GROUND combos pro weapons. Neither ff+attack and charge ARENT combos. I bought it 20 bucks used. so dont get your hopes high. They won't see a single cent of it. DEAL WITH IT. lol.
#30KyryloPosted 5/11/2013 10:48:05 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
Haha! Explore levels? In Metal Gear Corridor: R1 Ninja Run Spam?!

You guys...

no but how about longest tunnel run AKA DmC.?