My review after so many time is finally up. BLOCK OF TEXT is coming [SPOILERS]

#51LordKaizerPosted 5/12/2013 7:55:37 AM
so, you got mod for saying nothing broke the ToU but ass clowns like shatterbrain and mikki who posts nothing but violate the ToU?

*FACEPALM* i have nothing to say.
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.
#52RukumouruPosted 5/12/2013 7:59:50 AM
I agree with most of the review. I would go as far as to rate DmC's PC version a 7.5 as a standalone game, due to mods (turbo mode, colored enemies fix), 60fps, no noticeable input lag and superior graphics.

Which doesn't in any way change the fact that it is a disgraceful Devil May Cry title that takes a huge dump all over the established franchise, characters, lore, difficulty, combat depth and, most importantly, fans.

DmC may continue as a parallel spin-off series and I would buy it. But a replacement to Devil May Cry?

Not in a million years.
#53RukumouruPosted 5/12/2013 8:04:32 AM
I would also like to add that most of the PC version's advantages are not to be attributed to Ninja Theory, but to Q-LOC. The amazing PC porting studio that handled Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012.
#54Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 8:10:35 AM
LordKaizer posted...
so, you got mod for saying nothing broke the ToU but ass clowns like shatterbrain and mikki who posts nothing but violate the ToU?

It wasn't me who was modded. I was only modded because I quoted :D
#55Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 8:13:12 AM
Rukumouru posted...
I agree with most of the review. I would go as far as to rate DmC's PC version a 7.5 as a standalone game, due to mods (turbo mode, colored enemies fix), 60fps, no noticeable input lag and superior graphics.

Which doesn't in any way change the fact that it is a disgraceful Devil May Cry title that takes a huge dump all over the established franchise, characters, lore, difficulty, combat depth and, most importantly, fans.

DmC may continue as a parallel spin-off series and I would buy it. But a replacement to Devil May Cry?

Not in a million years.

Since i never played PC version I don't really can review it and also I won't include mods unto reviews. I only review what lays bare before me^^hense my opinion is 6/10
#56StrelokPosted 5/12/2013 8:16:51 AM
I'd put it between a 5/10 and 6/10. The controls were absolutely atrocious and the lack of a toggle is downright unforgivable, detracting heavily from anything gameplay related.
I struggled more with controls than the enemies, and that is a clear sign of bad game design.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#57LordKaizerPosted 5/12/2013 9:00:45 AM
Kyrylo posted...
LordKaizer posted...

oh, in that case. i'll just bang my head to the wall till i broke either my head or the wall.
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.
#58TwistedRyuPosted 5/12/2013 11:43:10 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Characters 3/10
I will go in depth on every main character.
Dante - now what I've noticed is that Dante here is completely devoted of any rudimentary personality. Many may disagree, but let's looks closely on his acting. When he's not swearing he mainly remains passive in any dialogue. He often says something like "Im here" or "Im going". He speaks only when plot demands it. His relationship with Vergil and Kat is somehow vague. Ok. so he likes Kat. But why? ok, let's pretend it's love on the first sight. Fine, but his relationship with Vergil is barely touched. They suddenly build them in last few levels of the game. I think it's kinda to late for that. They should have at least touch them earlier. Overall he just grasps on elements of original Dante with addition of vulgarity.

This is the exact same observation I made when I played and finished the game, and I'm glad someone else thought very similarly.
---
"I think it's time to switch condiments, 'cuz that weaksauce ain't helping!"
#59Ink-RibbonPosted 5/12/2013 11:47:13 AM(edited)
LordKaizer posted...
Kyrylo posted...
LordKaizer posted...

oh, in that case. i'll just bang my head to the wall till i broke either my head or the wall.

There is no a fix for face-palming your face until it bleeds...I guess you're aware of that, right?

Somehow Tameem just antecipated your move...;)
#60Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 1:33:41 PM
TwistedRyu posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Characters 3/10
I will go in depth on every main character.
Dante - now what I've noticed is that Dante here is completely devoted of any rudimentary personality. Many may disagree, but let's looks closely on his acting. When he's not swearing he mainly remains passive in any dialogue. He often says something like "Im here" or "Im going". He speaks only when plot demands it. His relationship with Vergil and Kat is somehow vague. Ok. so he likes Kat. But why? ok, let's pretend it's love on the first sight. Fine, but his relationship with Vergil is barely touched. They suddenly build them in last few levels of the game. I think it's kinda to late for that. They should have at least touch them earlier. Overall he just grasps on elements of original Dante with addition of vulgarity.

This is the exact same observation I made when I played and finished the game, and I'm glad someone else thought very similarly.

so glad im not the only one who noticed it. I keep wondering why people refuse to see it.