So...what's DMD in DMC1 like?

#1TheOmegaShenPosted 5/13/2013 1:43:44 PM
Getting close to unlocking it, but I'm not really sure if I'll be able to beat it. Any helpful tips for someone who is new to the series?
---
Believe in me who believes in you!
PSN: TheOmegaShen
#25hadowsPosted 5/13/2013 1:44:15 PM
in b4 don't get hit.
---
Ill add something here later....
#3QCTeamkillPosted 5/13/2013 1:50:39 PM(edited)
If you don't have much items (and I mean, holy water and untouchables over the maximum store limit) go back do a normal run.

You don't want to end up on Nelo 3 / Nightmare 3 / Mundus without items.
#4OracleGunnerPosted 5/13/2013 1:48:50 PM
Know your weapon, use Ifrit and Alastor as the enemies require them. Be patient, dodge often and use taunts to boost DT. And remember practice makes perfect, so the moment you feel like you are getting frustrated, just relax and try again. Good luck.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
#5PunkMcThrustPosted 5/13/2013 1:51:49 PM
The dolls in Mission 1 will probably hand you your ass. It's that hard.

You best have tons of items and gold orbs.
---
Armstrong for President
#6Edward_R_MurrowPosted 5/13/2013 1:52:43 PM
It has probably the most sensible Devil Trigger mechanics in the series. There's usually a visible Do-Or-Die timer that upon expiration will signal when all of the enemies will enter Devil Trigger, becoming more resilient, more damaging, and less susceptible to hitstun. The cool thing about DMC1 is that, when you activate trigger, it actually "cancels out" the enemy trigger buffs, which is great design because of how intuitive it is.

It also actually plays really well if you do a fresh-run on DMD, something that certainly can't be said for DMC3 and I'd have reservations about saying the same for DMC4. Sure, the first mission is a ballbuster in the basement, but once you pick up Alastor and the Shotty it becomes a lot more manageable.
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#7sworderPosted 5/13/2013 2:13:39 PM
youtube is your friend, you'll need it
#8prince_nagashPosted 5/13/2013 2:23:04 PM(edited)
Does anyone else hate using items in DMC games? Unless you're trying to unlock something.

Hmm, one tip, which is more like a fact is that DT doesn't regenerate health in DMD, it only reduces damage by a percentage depending on which of the 2 weapons you use.

Sometimes DT can get you killed because it may negate knockdown attacks and you end up taking 3 (would-be knockdown) hits in a row.

Air-raid, grenade-roll. Unless you hate exploiting cheese mechanics.
#9SpecterVonBarenPosted 5/13/2013 2:25:14 PM
I can't even imagine what Phantom is like the first time you fight him on DMD.
---
George Carlin~ Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
My Father~ Failure is ALWAYS an option... but giving up is not.
#10KyryloPosted 5/13/2013 2:48:02 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...
Getting close to unlocking it, but I'm not really sure if I'll be able to beat it. Any helpful tips for someone who is new to the series?

sadly there are no tricks or tipps. just trai hard and remain patient. The only tipp I can give spare your items for Nelo 3/Phantom 3/Mundus.