Why are the pros celebrating pathetic DmC sales??

#1AsimLeonheartPosted 5/14/2013 2:33:22 AM(edited)
The game missed all of its sales targets, it is the worst selling game in the franchise, made CAPCOM move development back in-house, made CAPCOM cancel several games and finally made them admit that outsourcing diluted the quality. The game is currently at 52 spot in the CAPCOM IR all-time sales chart, which is at the bottom. Finalizing the sales of the game on CAPCOM IR website as 1.1 million just a month after forecasting 1.15 shipments means that CAPCOM has given up on getting any more sales than that. They just posted all of the shipped units as lifetime sales just like they did for RE6.

Even if the game actually sold 1.1 million, that is nothing to brag and celebrate about especially after targeting 5 million unofficially, then reducing it to 2 million after seeing the fan reception, then reducing it to 1.2 million after seeing the sales, then reducing it to 1.15 and then finally settling for 1.1 million. The game was supposed to broaden the appeal of the franchise and not narrow it down to a measly 1.1 million from 2.7 million sales of DMC4. Why are the pros celebrating after such an embarrassing fiasco? Just because CAPCOM posted all of the shipped units as sales just after a month of the forecast re-re-re-revision and spinned the debacle into "solid" sales in one statement to save face?
#2ScreamingMidgetPosted 5/14/2013 2:37:31 AM
They think this game is good. They have been completely delusional from the beginning.
#3produnerPosted 5/14/2013 2:59:22 AM
You mean prolls right? They are desperate to "win".
#4_Uwye_Posted 5/14/2013 5:11:21 AM(edited)
AsimLeonheart posted...
Why are the pros celebrating after such an embarrassing fiasco?

Fiasco? Pffft, it's a well known fact that 1 million sales is the standard for a hit in the industry, regardless of context and budget. Therefore DmC is a hit. See? Makes perfect sense.
#5AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 5:34:48 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...

Fiasco? Pffft, it's a well known fact that 1 million sales is the standard for a hit in the industry, regardless of context and budget. Therefore DmC is a hit. See? Makes perfect sense.

Oh really? The 1 million figure alone makes a game a hit; regardless of its development budget, marketing budget and sales forecast? Then why so many games have been considered failures despite selling more than a million? For example Tomb Raider reboot, Hitman, Darksiders, Heavenly Sword and Bayonetta. You choose to ignore all of the points I make and only use your narrow minded description of a hit. Do you think a game is a hit if it manages to sell less than all of its predecessors and miss all of its sales forecasts?
#6Orange00Posted 5/14/2013 5:36:34 AM
Well 1 million sales is GOOD sales even if it's not what capcom wanted. Not that i'm celebrating, but it's certainly not piss-poor like you make it sound.
---
Devil May Cry: The Order --Devil May Cry reboot prequel choose your own adventure with RPG elements. Or something-- Join the resistance on a DmC-board near you!
#7KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 5/14/2013 5:37:34 AM
Orange00 posted...
Well 1 million sales is GOOD sales even if it's not what capcom wanted. Not that i'm celebrating, but it's certainly not piss-poor like you make it sound.

In this day and age, it's actually pretty mediocre (DmC always manages to be mediocre).
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#8_Uwye_Posted 5/14/2013 5:42:31 AM
AsimLeonheart posted...
_Uwye_ posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...

Oh really? The 1 million figure alone makes a game a hit; regardless of its development budget, marketing budget and sales forecast? Then why so many games have been considered failures despite selling more than a million? For example Tomb Raider reboot, Hitman, Darksiders, Heavenly Sword and Bayonetta. You choose to ignore all of the points I make and only use your narrow minded description of a hit. Do you think a game is a hit if it manages to sell less than all of its predecessors and miss all of its sales forecasts?

I should have added a /sarcasm at the end just to be sure. I was just regurgitating the nonsense I read multiple times.
#9AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 5:44:47 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
_Uwye_ posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...

I should have added a /sarcasm at the end just to be sure. I was just regurgitating the nonsense I read multiple times.

lol. Sorry, I took you seriously.
#10AsimLeonheart(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 5:52:10 AM(edited)
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Orange00 posted...

In this day and age, it's actually pretty mediocre (DmC always manages to be mediocre).

I want make a correction: (DmC always manages to be mediocre IN SALES). The franchise is not mediocre in any way given its combat depth and gameplay, but the sales have always been low because it is a niche hardcore genre. However, they were still higher than what this game achieved.