So let us just think about this

#1Windmaster715Posted 5/14/2013 8:46:48 PM
if they make DmC2.................will they rework or retcon things?

Obviously they will need to change it up and appeal back to the old fans at least in combat and flow.

Capcom wants $$$. Making DmC2 just like DmC will not bring them any more, if not less, money unless they do it on a low budget. And we saw how that's worked for them before right?

So if not cater some to old fans, how will they make the game sell more or change it up? Copy mechanics from other HaS games? Who knows.

Like or hate DmC, they HAVE to do a much better job with a sequel. They absolutely can not afford a trainwreck sequel. They have to make more money.

DMC2 was an example here. Only difference is back then Capcom had the funds and took high risks to make DMC3 which sold pretty well making DMC4 much more anticipated.

Today's Capcom will not do that lightly with a sequel here. The only ones wanting DmC 2 are those who both bought the game, and actually liked it enough to want more of it. For a current gen game, it is very slim in terms of an amount of those possible to make a sequel.

They would have to have a bigger budget than before and make a bigger game, and now would have to develop probably for next gen consoles as well or not do PS3/360 at all or etc.

So thinking about this. If DmC2 will be made, what is their best bet to try and get people to want it? Because at the current stakes, regardless if you believe their current sales, which dropped below half of what they wanted originally, they have to step it up quite a bit regardless if you liked or hated DmC.

the HaS market is tough. There is less competition but it is still tough to make a good one people will want to buy.
---
Ignore my typos
#2Ink-RibbonPosted 5/14/2013 8:55:41 PM
No matter how much antis hate and dislike DmC, there is always room for improvement.

I believe Capcom and NT learned with their mistakes, so we can see a better sequel, if it gets a go. A better engine, 60 fps, a better combat, less bugs and glitches, more enemies and decent bosses. I guess it's possible.
#3ZeroX91Posted 5/14/2013 8:58:09 PM
No matter how much antis hate and dislike DmC, there is always room for improvement.

...Those aren't conflictin' make a good game and maybe they win a few of us over.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429N9zGDugc
#4Psychochild27Posted 5/14/2013 8:59:30 PM

Well yeah if you completely uproot the foundation and rebuild the entire thing from the ground up to bring back all the great elements that got axed for moronic reasons and ditch the crap NT tried to emphasize/introduce.

But at that point, you're just better off making a game that'll actually sell.
#5KyryloPosted 5/14/2013 11:08:55 PM
I wouldn't had hopes high. NT is still staggers on programing. it is fact. They barely were able to put DmC on legs. Vast improvement gonna take another 3 years, and Capcom clearly said they cutting development times. So there is place for improvement I doubt NT can handle it in 1,5 years.
#6produnerPosted 5/15/2013 1:16:04 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...

I believe Capcom and NT learned with their mistakes, so we can see a better sequel, if it gets a go. A better engine, 60 fps, a better combat, less bugs and glitches, more enemies and decent bosses. I guess it's possible.

You just described previous DMC's studio. There is no room for improvement, if they did that, the game will be another DMC, and DmC's storyline and settings not great.

In other words, DMC5. NT can't make the stuff you mentioned, they are limited and talentless in that department.
#7RichterB17Posted 5/15/2013 1:25:18 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...

You're asking a lot from NT. If they haven't been able to do that in 3 games, with this one probably being their biggest, what makes you think they would be able to do all of that in another?
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#8SiLVeR_420Posted 5/15/2013 2:02:16 AM
RichterB17 posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...

You're asking a lot from NT. If they haven't been able to do that in 3 games, with this one probably being their biggest, what makes you think they would be able to do all of that in another?

Getting rid of Tamtam would be a good start.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#9SilentS89Posted 5/17/2013 8:31:50 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
A better engine, 60 fps, a better combat, less bugs and glitches, more enemies and decent bosses. I guess it's possible.

That wouldn't really be in the spirit of DmC would it?
---
"The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called aglets. Their true purpose is sinister!" ~The Question
#10FijianBadAzzPosted 5/17/2013 10:48:50 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...

In other words, If CAPCOM made a DMC sequel or reboot in house.