why DmC2 doesn't really make sense *spoilers i suppose..*

#11RayconPosted 5/15/2013 4:11:48 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
Orange00 posted...
but in DMC demons were around.

Uh? Yes, they were around since ancient times and humanity/society had evolved knowing they existed (for one demon hunting is a business). Whereas the world in DmC is like ours, where demons aren't around and nobody believes they exist. The difference is huge.

Wait, is that so? I always thought the world of DMC (original timeline) was a lot like ours, and Dante was just this guy who might have been crazy for all people knew (hunting demons and whatnot). After all, I've never actually seen his shop as "busy" whenever a game opens up. It always felt like a pretty uncommon occurrence.

I always got the impression that demons weren't particularly well-known and only the people who had come across them would realize they did in fact, exist.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#12bigdom93Posted 5/15/2013 7:29:17 PM
Raycon posted...
_Uwye_ posted...
Orange00 posted...
but in DMC demons were around.

Uh? Yes, they were around since ancient times and humanity/society had evolved knowing they existed (for one demon hunting is a business). Whereas the world in DmC is like ours, where demons aren't around and nobody believes they exist. The difference is huge.

Wait, is that so? I always thought the world of DMC (original timeline) was a lot like ours, and Dante was just this guy who might have been crazy for all people knew (hunting demons and whatnot). After all, I've never actually seen his shop as "busy" whenever a game opens up. It always felt like a pretty uncommon occurrence.

I always got the impression that demons weren't particularly well-known and only the people who had come across them would realize they did in fact, exist.

exactly that's why when ever someone calls he asks them for the password. it oporates more along the line of Men In Black, the general population is kept fairly ignorant of the event. that is one of the few things that was good to come from the anime, it was kind of world building, it showed that demons other than sparda can have a human disquise. it also showed that the government knew that demons exist.
---
Trust no one, the minute god cr@pped out the third caveman, there was a conspiracy against one of them
#13SpecterVonBarenPosted 5/15/2013 8:36:25 PM
You expect any of us to believe that the events of DMC3 went completely unnoticed by people despite a giant tower arising out of the ground and a flying demonic whale circling it? Or that people just forgot about a giant statue flying through a city in DMC4?
---
George Carlin~ Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
My Father~ Failure is ALWAYS an option... but giving up is not.
#14Rising_shadowPosted 5/15/2013 8:47:31 PM
With Sparda being worshiped I'm pretty sure at least some people know of demons. It's not that secretive.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#155hadowsPosted 5/15/2013 8:50:17 PM
SpecterVonBaren posted...
You expect any of us to believe that the events of DMC3 went completely unnoticed by people despite a giant tower arising out of the ground and a flying demonic whale circling it? Or that people just forgot about a giant statue flying through a city in DMC4?

Trish helps with the evacuation of civilians in DMC4, it doesn't go unnoticed for sure.
---
Ill add something here later....
#16Orange00(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 9:31:56 PM
i also always imagined DMC being similar to ghostbusters, in the way that people hear about the stuff but because they're such a rare occurance they certainly aren't used to them. Or barely even believe in them for that matter.

like if someone started a UFO-hunting office in this day and age. Everyones heard about them, people have seen photos and everything but no one really believes in them.

but anyways, i understand your point now. DmC2 could portray this chaos that ensues with demons running about and people's first contact with them. That would be different from DMC, no matter how the world in DMC sees demons.
---
Devil May Cry: The Order --Devil May Cry reboot prequel choose your own adventure with RPG elements. Or something-- Join the resistance on a DmC-board near you!
#17FijianBadAzzPosted 5/18/2013 11:32:47 AM
Honestly, my main problem with a DmC sequel is that VD sets up Vorgil as the final boss AGAIN.