Aprils NPD is out.

#61360pagesPosted 5/17/2013 8:26:45 AM
Capcom hate is well deserved.

I'm not a big fan of their fighting games, but I was planning on picking up SFXT, until the whole DLC thing came out and I said forget it, I wasn't paying 80$ for a full game

I was actually a huge fan of both Megaman and DMC, there were the only two series I bought on a consistent bases. Well they're not making megaman games anymore. And they butchered DMC.

Really, their low numbers might be from the fact that they aren't making games anyone wants anymore.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#62prince_nagashPosted 5/17/2013 8:30:03 AM
Capcom, what happened. Ghouls and Ghosts. Breath of Fire. Dungeons and Dragons. I have yet to play a game made by them this generation that is as fun as Megaman X1.

I feel bad for Dogma though. It was a breath of fresh air from this sorry and tired company. But my gosh that game lacked polish. The lip syncing is worse than old kung fu dubbing.
#63LordKaizerPosted 5/17/2013 10:03:10 AM(edited)
Orange00 posted...
- were you insulted by fat megaman in sfxt?
- were you already hyped for megaman universe?
- were you hyped for mm legends 3?
- were you disappointed in bionic commando?
- were you disappointed in lost planet 2?
- did it bum you that LS3 is outsourced?
- were you disappointed in SFxT?
- did multiple versions of SF4 bother you?
- did multiple versions of MvsC3 bother you?
- have you had significant financial loss in capcom DLC?
- was DmC insult to you?
- was RE6 insult to you?
- were you expecting great things from RE: ORC?
- were you hoping for western release of EX TROOPERS?
- were disappointed in the quality of dragon's dogma?

-yes
-yes
-yes
-yes
-yes
-yes
-yes
-yes
-yes
-yes
-yes
-yes
-no
-that game should die on comical fire and throw acid to it. they canned legends 3 to get this butchered version of legends and i'm gladly the japanese people didn't buy that crap.
-yes
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.
#64FijianBadAzzPosted 5/17/2013 10:42:27 AM
I'm guessing the next pro "counter" is going to be:

Well, shipped means sold to CAPCOM so suck it. Sequel Confirmed. #Dealwithit

#prologic
#65StrelokPosted 5/17/2013 11:27:39 AM
I couldn't follow Universe too well, I don't exactly have the best of connections, but seriously, Megaman. I effing love the Blue Bomber.

And to me, them ending up DOES hurt my feelings.
You see, I've been a HUGE Capcom fan since... uhh since my first Capcom game, Gunsmoke, for the NES. It was practically love at first sight.
Then the Megaman games came. Oh boy was that a treat (Although the first one was difficult let me tell you that). And then Megaman X! And Streetfighter 2, although fighters weren't my thing. And Final fight! It was awesome!
Then the psx arrived with Resident Evil, among others. And the PS2 came with several other awesome games, like Devil May Cry.
And then the current gen came...

<Japanese Super Drama Mode on!>
At this point it was like the company took a complete 180 when it came to their customers. Capcom doesn't need customers, customers need Capcom!
Well, no. I don't need Capcom. I'll just buy my games from a competitor now Capcom. And I will do so without sadness in my heart, because your soul became darker than black, greedier than Scrooge McDuck! So I will play other fighting games for everlasting peace! *Shoryukens out of topic*
</Japanese drama mode off>

Jackpot.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#66Black OutPosted 5/17/2013 11:58:52 AM
What's a NPD?
---
The Official Manchester Black of the C&GN Board
"Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars. . . "
#67KyryloPosted 5/17/2013 12:01:12 PM
Black Out posted...
What's a NPD?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NPD_Group
#685hadowsPosted 5/17/2013 12:02:03 PM
Black Out posted...
What's a NPD?

Ninjas & Pirates Department.
---
Ill add something here later....
#69StrelokPosted 5/17/2013 12:28:00 PM
They kind of failed in letting Capcom know what their consumers want.

Or Capcom is just dumb.

I'll just go out on a limb here and place the fault with Capcom.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#70produnerPosted 5/17/2013 12:32:39 PM
Orange00 posted...
bandwagoning is exactly what i meant. If someone truly is affected by most of those points i mentioned, i feel for him/her, and they got right to be pissed i suppose. I have actually been following most of those games i mentioned with varying degrees of interest but have been saved from butthurt.

the problem is that when capcom started this gen, they got decent new IPs but those games didn't gather any audience. Lost Planet 2 for example is considered utter crap by the major audience, while it's actually one of the most skill-based shooters out there with very old-fashioned game design behind it.There are also lots of people who keep saying Dragon's Dogma sucks. Which is ridiculous s it's like one of capcom's best efforts in past years.. With no acclaim with traditional capcom design can you blame them from trying something different?

Well, bandwagon-ers are people who heard of the DLC and acted like they lost money or their main-competitive/favorite game got dumbed down.

They are self-righteous people who act up and take sides whenever they put their selves in a position when they feel vulnerable, hence casuls defending DmC to side with journalists and devs, and bashing capcom for DLC practices despite them not dealing with capcom nor with dumbed down franchises and finger-pointing.

Whatever capcom released this gen, most of their established franchises got dumbed down and their new ips are not on par with their established franchises.