The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Why I believe the DMC franchise is dead.

#1shatterstarPosted 5/19/2013 7:11:34 AM
We all know that Capcom ran out of ways to make this franchise feel fresh to capture a new audience and DMC4 and Nero were prime example of that.

So let's face it people, when you hit the 4th installment in a series, especially in this genre, how many new ideas could you come up with to inject into this franchise, to make it feel fresh.

You pretty much reached a dead end at this point. Now it's time to start fresh, hence why DmC came into existence.

That's why I can't ever see Capcom revisiting this franchise ever again after their attempt at rebooting it failed.

I know you lots want a DMC5. But in all honesty, I really don't see that option even on the table. Because that defeats the whole purpose.

If that option was ever available, DmC would have never surfaced. So I really can't wrap my head around this whole fanbase logic that if DmC fails or if we rant enough, Capcom would actually give us a DMC5 when Capcom has never, ever, done such a thing in their entire existence.

At this point it's not even profitable nor even worth it. Because you have new fans exposed to DMC for the first time through DmC and you have old fans. It's a pretty chaotic.

That's why I believe that Capcom won't even bother to take another chance on this franchise ever again. Unless they have an actual movie deal and they truly see the potential in DmC, therefore they'll support it 100% in order to capture that Resident Evil money. Therefore, achieving their goal.
#2Pesmerga255Posted 5/19/2013 7:18:46 AM
You just never stop, do you?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3zfair89Posted 5/19/2013 7:18:57 AM
I really don't think Capcom are so blind to not realise the potential goodwill they could win back from fans with a DMC5 announcement. It's not like DmC was calculated out of spite for the original fanbase, no matter what the tinfoil-hat wearing idiots on this site might like to believe. I think there will be a DMC5, but even if there isn't I'm sure that DmC2 will bring about a return to the old style of action. Hopefully.
#4Werndan101Posted 5/19/2013 7:21:38 AM
What happened to DmC being a smashing success?
---
Need help figuring out components for your gaming PC? Check this.
http://tinyurl.com/falconguide
#5rockman11_zPosted 5/19/2013 7:34:42 AM
You're so cute with your wall of texts. Too bad I didn't care to read any of it.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#6shatterstar(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 7:35:39 AM
zfair89 posted...
I really don't think Capcom are so blind to not realise the potential goodwill they could win back from fans with a DMC5 announcement. It's not like DmC was calculated out of spite for the original fanbase, no matter what the tinfoil-hat wearing idiots on this site might like to believe. I think there will be a DMC5, but even if there isn't I'm sure that DmC2 will bring about a return to the old style of action. Hopefully.

Capcom has never catered to a fanbase nor gave into fans demands period. Making a DMC5 would mean that they're admitting defeat and believe me mate, Capcom are way too proud to do such a thing.

They have no problems terminating entire franchise and moving on. That my friend is a fact well known. So DMC5 is not even an option set on the table.

I can see them giving the new Dante a complete makeover that's leaning more towards the original character design and improving DmC though. I completely agree with that. But I can't see them completely catering to the fan base by delivering to them a DMC5.
#7zfair89Posted 5/19/2013 7:39:42 AM
shatterstar posted...
zfair89 posted...

Capcom has never catered to a fanbase nor gave into fans demands period. Making a DMC5 would mean that they're admitting defeat and believe me mate, Capcom are way too proud to do such a thing.

They have no problems terminating entire franchise and moving on. That my friend is a fact well known. So DMC5 is not even an option set on the table.

I can see them giving the new Dante a complete makeover that's leaning more towards the original character design and improving DmC though. I completely agree with that. But I can't see them completely catering to the fan base by delivering to them a DMC5.

Capcom are a business. If they see sufficient demand for X then they're not going to go around and make Y because the target demographic for X are petulant whiners. They've had to 'admit defeat' with RE6 and have promised to revise that series' direction, so I don't see why it should be any different with DMC. The question of course is whether or not there really is a sizable body of support for a DMC5. I think there is.
#8Werndan101Posted 5/19/2013 7:41:44 AM(edited)
There is a reason that Capcom would deliver a DMC5: To spite Inafune, the man responsible for pushing this reboot down our throats in the first place.
---
Need help figuring out components for your gaming PC? Check this.
http://tinyurl.com/falconguide
#9KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 5/19/2013 7:41:59 AM
shatterstar posted...
zfair89 posted...

Those practices are the exact reason that their profits have been spiraling downward for almost half a decade now.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#105hadowsPosted 5/19/2013 7:44:03 AM
shatterstar posted...
We all know that Capcom ran out of ways to make this franchise feel fresh to capture a new audience and DMC4 and Nero were prime example of that.

So let's face it people, when you hit the 4th installment in a series, especially in this genre, how many new ideas could you come up with to inject into this franchise, to make it feel fresh.

You pretty much reached a dead end at this point. Now it's time to start fresh, hence why DmC came into existence.

That's why I can't ever see Capcom revisiting this franchise ever again after their attempt at rebooting it failed.

I know you lots want a DMC5. But in all honesty, I really don't see that option even on the table. Because that defeats the whole purpose.

If that option was ever available, DmC would have never surfaced. So I really can't wrap my head around this whole fanbase logic that if DmC fails or if we rant enough, Capcom would actually give us a DMC5 when Capcom has never, ever, done such a thing in their entire existence.

At this point it's not even profitable nor even worth it. Because you have new fans exposed to DMC for the first time through DmC and you have old fans. It's a pretty chaotic.

That's why I believe that Capcom won't even bother to take another chance on this franchise ever again. Unless they have an actual movie deal and they truly see the potential in DmC, therefore they'll support it 100% in order to capture that Resident Evil money. Therefore, achieving their goal.

>We all know that Capcom ran out of ways to make this franchise feel fresh to capture a new audience

Yes and It's called DmC not DMC4

>and DMC4 and Nero were prime example of that.
Nope you didn't even play the game you're just bandwagoing and hating on him, exceed made him feel pretty fun to play.

>You pretty much reached a dead end at this point.
Yet everyone asks for DMC5

>Now it's time to start fresh, hence why DmC came into existence.
And it failed

>That's why I can't ever see Capcom revisiting this franchise ever again after their attempt at rebooting it failed.
That's a fallacy Shatter, the only fact it is that they're not revising the reboot not the main series since what failed was the reboot not the original

>I know you lots want a DMC5. But in all honesty, I really don't see that option even on the table.
That's because you're delusional, go out for a bit and take some fresh air and your world wills tart to expand

>Because that defeats the whole purpose.
Their only purpose is getting money, if people say they'll buy DMC5 they'll make it

>If that option was ever available, DmC would have never surfaced.
It's called a gamble, and it was a bad one

>So I really can't wrap my head around this whole fanbase logic that if DmC fails or if we rant enough, Capcom would actually give us a DMC5 when Capcom has never, ever, done such a thing in their entire existence.
Better off dead than undead.

>At this point it's not even profitable nor even worth it.
2.7m fans + maybe a new audience says otherwise.

>Because you have new fans exposed to DMC for the first time through DmC and you have old fans. It's a pretty chaotic.
The only chaotic thing here is the inside your head, I don't understand the logic on this sentence, again you don't operate on logic so you might as well cease to exist

Now carry on fat greasy nerd,
---
Ill add something here later....