Why I believe the DMC franchise is dead.

#11Werndan101Posted 5/19/2013 6:48:11 AM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Those practices are the exact reason that their profits have been spiraling downward for almost half a decade now.

In shatter's defense, he didn't say whether or not this was a good idea.
---
Need help figuring out components for your gaming PC? Check this.
http://tinyurl.com/falconguide
#125hadowsPosted 5/19/2013 6:49:07 AM
Werndan101 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Those practices are the exact reason that their profits have been spiraling downward for almost half a decade now.

He doesn't even know how he feels about the series anymore, he's just typing walls of text to bait people by now.
---
Ill add something here later....
#13Werndan101Posted 5/19/2013 7:09:03 AM
5hadows posted...
Werndan101 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

He doesn't even know how he feels about the series anymore, he's just typing walls of text to bait people by now.

I have no idea how he does it.
---
Need help figuring out components for your gaming PC? Check this.
http://tinyurl.com/falconguide
#14KyryloPosted 5/19/2013 7:27:55 AM
5hadows posted...
Werndan101 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

he was never fan of franchise to begin with.
#15shatterstar(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 7:46:03 AM(edited)
zfair89 posted...
shatterstar posted...
zfair89 posted...
I really don't think Capcom are so blind to not realise the potential goodwill they could win back from fans with a DMC5 announcement. It's not like DmC was calculated out of spite for the original fanbase, no matter what the tinfoil-hat wearing idiots on this site might like to believe. I think there will be a DMC5, but even if there isn't I'm sure that DmC2 will bring about a return to the old style of action. Hopefully.

Capcom has never catered to a fanbase nor gave into fans demands period. Making a DMC5 would mean that they're admitting defeat and believe me mate, Capcom are way too proud to do such a thing.

They have no problems terminating entire franchise and moving on. That my friend is a fact well known. So DMC5 is not even an option set on the table.

I can see them giving the new Dante a complete makeover that's leaning more towards the original character design and improving DmC though. I completely agree with that. But I can't see them completely catering to the fan base by delivering to them a DMC5.

Capcom are a business. If they see sufficient demand for X then they're not going to go around and make Y because the target demographic for X are petulant whiners. They've had to 'admit defeat' with RE6 and have promised to revise that series' direction, so I don't see why it should be any different with DMC. The question of course is whether or not there really is a sizable body of support for a DMC5. I think there is.

Well they had no problems terminating the Mega Man franchise and Onimusha either. Those two franchises were in extreme demand and has a bigger fan base.

So if they're confident enough to do that as a business, what you're stating doesn't even apply their ideology.

PS: Resident Evil is their biggest franchise that managed to cross both firms of media. That franchise isn't going anyway. But they're always constantly rebooting it with all these spins-off and other forms of Resident Evil games. So fail or not, they're all always turn a profit as long as those movies are alive and kicking.

The same doesn't apply towards the DMC franchise though. They can honestly let go of this just like all the other million mark breaking franchises.
#16KyryloPosted 5/19/2013 7:39:39 AM
shatterstar posted...
zfair89 posted...
shatterstar posted...
zfair89 posted...
I really don't think Capcom are so blind to not realise the potential goodwill they could win back from fans with a DMC5 announcement. It's not like DmC was calculated out of spite for the original fanbase, no matter what the tinfoil-hat wearing idiots on this site might like to believe. I think there will be a DMC5, but even if there isn't I'm sure that DmC2 will bring about a return to the old style of action. Hopefully.

Capcom has never catered to a fanbase nor gave into fans demands period. Making a DMC5 would mean that they're admitting defeat and believe me mate, Capcom are way too proud to do such a thing.

They have no problems terminating entire franchise and moving on. That my friend is a fact well known. So DMC5 is not even an option set on the table.

I can see them giving the new Dante a complete makeover that's leaning more towards the original character design and improving DmC though. I completely agree with that. But I can't see them completely catering to the fan base by delivering to them a DMC5.

Capcom are a business. If they see sufficient demand for X then they're not going to go around and make Y because the target demographic for X are petulant whiners. They've had to 'admit defeat' with RE6 and have promised to revise that series' direction, so I don't see why it should be any different with DMC. The question of course is whether or not there really is a sizable body of support for a DMC5. I think there is.

Well they had no problems terminating the Mega Man franchise and Onimusha either. Those two franchise were in extreme demand and has a bigger fan base.

So if they're confident enough to do that as a business, what you're stating doesn't even apply their ideology.

PS: Resident Evil is their biggest franchise that managed to cross both firms of media. That franchise isn't going anyway. But they're always constantly rebooting it with all these spins-off and other forms of Resident Evil games. So fail or not, they're all always turn a profit as long as those movies are alive and kicking.

The same doesn't apply towards the DMC franchise though. They can honestly let go of this just like all the other million mark breaking franchises.

http://n4g.com/news/1165104/onimusha-and-dino-crisis-sequels-unlikely-capcom-suggests
BAM. check-mate- mate-mate.
#17Pesmerga255Posted 5/19/2013 7:41:21 AM

They're constantly rebooting Resident Evil?

wat?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#18KyryloPosted 5/19/2013 7:42:11 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...

They're constantly rebooting Resident Evil?

wat?

24 hours of trolling kills last parts of your consciousness.
#19Ink-RibbonPosted 5/19/2013 7:48:49 AM
I believe DMC series died after DMC 1...

We have the perfect prequel, called Dante's Awakening.

Then we have the perfect mature game, with Dante finally defeating Mundus. Now he works with both Trish and Lady and they'll forever hunt demons as part of their business.

It's over, we don't need more DMC games and if they make another, it should be called Devils Never Cry, considering DMC 1 ending.

DMC 2 could be called Dante's business, it never mentions events from the first game. It could be just a mission where Dante goes to help Lucia, while Lucia and Lady are enjoying a holiday or vacation.

DMC 4 could be called Nero's Adventure. Dante doesn't belong to that game, he has class and he is mature.

So, now we have DmC and DmC 2 might finish the new series by finally giving Vergil a good role, something wasted in previous DMC games. XD
#205hadowsPosted 5/19/2013 7:50:08 AM
Rebooting with spin-offs - ShatterStar
---
Ill add something here later....