Why I believe the DMC franchise is dead.

#151SpecterVonBarenPosted 5/19/2013 8:08:42 PM
See. Another thing about Ink, and Shatter too, is that they like to put smiley's at the end of their sentences. It's meant to get a rise out of people. A similar thing is Shatter's habit of going ........ lol To try and infuriate people by using a really childish and unnecessary acronym in a way that makes it seem like he thinks its a real zinger to put at the end of a sentence.
---
George Carlin~ Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
My Father~ Failure is ALWAYS an option... but giving up is not.
#152NairodmaticPosted 5/19/2013 8:09:51 PM
shatterstar posted...
We all know that Capcom ran out of ways to make this franchise feel fresh to capture a new audience and DMC4 and Nero were prime example of that.

I actually can agree with that.

So let's face it people, when you hit the 4th installment in a series, especially in this genre, how many new ideas could you come up with to inject into this franchise, to make it feel fresh.

Don't condescend. You know that's why NT was hired.

You pretty much reached a dead end at this point. Now it's time to start fresh, hence why DmC came into existence.

It seems Capcom nor NT could come up with new ideas here, either. I read, like most others, that Cap was adamant about NT making Dante look different. They should have been just as adamant about the other characters as well. As in-don't use any. Go all out. Don't half-ass.

That's why I can't ever see Capcom revisiting this franchise ever again after their attempt at rebooting it failed.

I know you lots want a DMC5. But in all honesty, I really don't see that option even on the table. Because that defeats the whole purpose.

That may be simply a matter of pride. It's rare to let customers to...blatantly?...forcefully?...emotionally?...dictate how you build your product. Before or after the fact. Now it may be about making it work in order to save face.

If that option was ever available, DmC would have never surfaced. So I really can't wrap my head around this whole fanbase logic that if DmC fails or if we rant enough, Capcom would actually give us a DMC5 when Capcom has never, ever, done such a thing in their entire existence.

If they were convinced that sales would hit 4 million plus, an about face would happen.

At this point it's not even profitable nor even worth it. Because you have new fans exposed to DMC for the first time through DmC and you have old fans. It's a pretty chaotic.

That's why I believe that Capcom won't even bother to take another chance on this franchise ever again. Unless they have an actual movie deal and they truly see the potential in DmC, therefore they'll support it 100% in order to capture that Resident Evil money. Therefore, achieving their goal.

This brings up some questions: What is profitable? What does it cost to develop? When did franchises becoming large enough for film become a goal?

---
No patches for the next generation. Get it right the first time.
#153shatterstar(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 8:27:39 PM
SirenaLoreley posted...
Thunder097 posted...
LOL funny how everyone here is teaming up against TC. Everything he speak is the truth! #dealwithit

...when did Shatter speak the truth? he/she is only blabbering about a bunch of failed (personal) facts that were quickly destroyed by better informed people around here...

I don't no about being destroyed by better informed people. More like rage attacks from a group of raging old fanboys and girls, that probably got all the trophies/achievements in the game and DLC, while they wait and hope for a DMC5 announcement from Capcom as some type of reward for attacking and insulting them.

Makes a lot sense to me mate....lol.
#154KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 5/19/2013 8:31:17 PM
shatterstar posted...
SirenaLoreley posted...
Thunder097 posted...
LOL funny how everyone here is teaming up against TC. Everything he speak is the truth! #dealwithit

...when did Shatter speak the truth? he/she is only blabbering about a bunch of failed (personal) facts that were quickly destroyed by better informed people around here...

I don't no about being destroyed by better informed people. More like rage attacks from a group of raging old fanboys and girls, that probably got all the trophies/achievements in the game and DLC, while they wait and hope for a DMC5 announcement from Capcom as some type of reward for attacking and insulting them.

No, you pretty much got destroyed like you always do. You can try and dance around it, but in the end we all know you did.

Also, are you really back to the whole "All the anti's secretly love and platinum'd DmC!!!" thing? I guess when you run out of material you jump back to the old stuff.... nice to know you're running low on horrible arguments lately. It'll save us time on breaking down why you're wrong.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#155lokithefoolPosted 5/19/2013 8:32:39 PM
shatterstar posted...
We all know that Capcom ran out of ways to make this franchise feel fresh to capture a new audience and DMC4 and Nero were prime example of that.

So let's face it people, when you hit the 4th installment in a series, especially in this genre, how many new ideas could you come up with to inject into this franchise, to make it feel fresh.

You pretty much reached a dead end at this point. Now it's time to start fresh, hence why DmC came into existence.

That's why I can't ever see Capcom revisiting this franchise ever again after their attempt at rebooting it failed.

I know you lots want a DMC5. But in all honesty, I really don't see that option even on the table. Because that defeats the whole purpose.

If that option was ever available, DmC would have never surfaced. So I really can't wrap my head around this whole fanbase logic that if DmC fails or if we rant enough, Capcom would actually give us a DMC5 when Capcom has never, ever, done such a thing in their entire existence.

At this point it's not even profitable nor even worth it. Because you have new fans exposed to DMC for the first time through DmC and you have old fans. It's a pretty chaotic.

That's why I believe that Capcom won't even bother to take another chance on this franchise ever again. Unless they have an actual movie deal and they truly see the potential in DmC, therefore they'll support it 100% in order to capture that Resident Evil money. Therefore, achieving their goal.

Shatter I think I have the perfect theme song for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvfcnpJRf0Q
#156primusninePosted 5/19/2013 8:34:42 PM
Actually DmC will be a resounding success in one aspect.

When DMC5 is announced, it will sell so much better than it would have had this travesty of a game not been made, that Capcom will realize how profitable it is to release a piece of ****ing **** game and then one that goes back to its roots.

Megaman and RE7 will do this.

Watch.
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#157shatterstar(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 8:35:56 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
shatterstar posted...
SirenaLoreley posted...
Thunder097 posted...

No, you pretty much got destroyed like you always do. You can try and dance around it, but in the end we all know you did.

Also, are you really back to the whole "All the anti's secretly love and platinum'd DmC!!!" thing? I guess when you run out of material you jump back to the old stuff.... nice to know you're running low on horrible arguments lately. It'll save us time on breaking down why you're wrong.

Ok. So why are you here again..????
#158KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 5/19/2013 8:39:22 PM
shatterstar posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
shatterstar posted...
SirenaLoreley posted...
Thunder097 posted...

At this point? Pure enjoyment. This board is simply hilarious and fun as hell. This board is easily 5000 times more fun than DmC..... which still puts it pretty low on the list of things that are fun, but it's still worth a few chuckles. Plus I love seeing Capcom twist and cringe when their "business" plans end up biting them in the ass. They try to twist it around (just like you) but they can't really climb out of the hole they dug for themselves.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#159Darkace9194Posted 5/19/2013 8:39:23 PM
shatterstar posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
shatterstar posted...
SirenaLoreley posted...
Thunder097 posted...

Care to tell us why you are here shatterclown?
---
Pokemon White FC: 5457-8675-8303
i.huffpost.com/gen/545060/thumbs/o-BELVEDERE-AD-570.jpg?4
#160Shadow2790xPosted 5/19/2013 8:48:18 PM
When DMC5 is announced

lol
---
...You will be screaming: YES! YES! YES!
PSN: Shadow2790x