Why I believe the DMC franchise is dead.

#31KyryloPosted 5/19/2013 9:50:19 AM
shatterstar posted...
Kyrylo posted...
5hadows posted...
Werndan101 posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

Those practices are the exact reason that their profits have been spiraling downward for almost half a decade now.

In shatter's defense, he didn't say whether or not this was a good idea.

He doesn't even know how he feels about the series anymore, he's just typing walls of text to bait people by now.

he was never fan of franchise to begin with.

Well you don't have to be a fan to know what will or might happen to this franchise nor do I have to be there from the start or birth of it. Just look at Capcom's history.

Just because you were there since 2001 and I wasn't, gives you certain rights or a certain sense of entitlement and therefore you can look down upon me or something.

Reality check mate.

Capcom treats their old and new fans all equally mate. Therefore you got screwed when they rebooted the franchise which I didn't have a problem with because I'm more accepting to change and we both get screwed when they don't continue it.

2001? wait...yeah, in that age you probably weren't able to hold controller, sorry. And you still not a fan. being a sheep and being a fan are different things. But if you dont know difference check vocabulary XD.
#32Ink-RibbonPosted 5/19/2013 9:53:53 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
I believe DMC series died after DMC 1...

We have the perfect prequel, called Dante's Awakening.

Then we have the perfect mature game, with Dante finally defeating Mundus. Now he works with both Trish and Lady and they'll forever hunt demons as part of their business.

It's over, we don't need more DMC games and if they make another, it should be called Devils Never Cry, considering DMC 1 ending.

DMC 2 could be called Dante's business, it never mentions events from the first game. It could be just a mission where Dante goes to help Lucia, while Lucia and Lady are enjoying a holiday or vacation.

DMC 4 could be called Nero's Adventure. Dante doesn't belong to that game, he has class and he is mature.

So, now we have DmC and DmC 2 might finish the new series by finally giving Vergil a good role, something wasted in previous DMC games. XD

0/10 trolling only proves DmC is worthless. XD

I think you're confusing DmC with DMC 4. I understand and I respect your view, though. I mean, opinions are really important and reasonable.

Anyway, look at the bright side, Nero now has a girlfriend. At least he is not a total loser. XD

Yeah unlike Dante from DmC where only girl looks at him like he's a dork.

Wasn't Dante having fun with girls in the first scene of DmC?

By the way, he is better looking than Vergil...;)
#33Black OutPosted 5/19/2013 9:58:06 AM(edited)
Ink-Ribbon posted...
It was Capcom's "fault". Without their idea, we wouldn't have the execution.

Without the gun, we wouldn't have the shot.

Not quite. They called for a reboot, wanted it 'Westernized', and a drastically changed Dante. All that was premise, yes. Loaded gun.

Ninja Theory -- and, primarily, Tameem -- were the ones to execute the premise they were given. Aiming the loaded gun. And, as we see, the final product, the fired bullet, game and non-game elements aside -- mixed and divisive feelings and reception.

If you really want to blame someone, at least blame the right person.

Though the decision for the reboot may meet with dislike, the execution of the reboot has far more weight, because it's the final product that the audience engages with, as an executed reboot and/or an independent entity on its own.

In that regard, Ninja Theory has more responsibility than Capcom in terms praise or criticism.

By the way, this is just a relative term. There is nothing to blame, the game gt good reviews, it sold reasonable and it'll have a sequel.

The game has a mixed reception. Sales, I don't pay attention to. Sequel, I'll believe it when I see a full trailer, not a teaser (same attitude to films as well).

So, I guess Capcom will probably give NT a shotgun for DmC 2, instead of a normal gun, like you stated. XD

The shotgun pellets wouldn't be completely provided by them. That would be what's already provided in the previous game -- DmC's story & character material. And Tameem, should he lead the aim again.
---
The Official Manchester Black of the C&GN Board
"Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars. . . "
#345hadowsPosted 5/19/2013 9:55:06 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
I believe DMC series died after DMC 1...

We have the perfect prequel, called Dante's Awakening.

Then we have the perfect mature game, with Dante finally defeating Mundus. Now he works with both Trish and Lady and they'll forever hunt demons as part of their business.

It's over, we don't need more DMC games and if they make another, it should be called Devils Never Cry, considering DMC 1 ending.

DMC 2 could be called Dante's business, it never mentions events from the first game. It could be just a mission where Dante goes to help Lucia, while Lucia and Lady are enjoying a holiday or vacation.

DMC 4 could be called Nero's Adventure. Dante doesn't belong to that game, he has class and he is mature.

So, now we have DmC and DmC 2 might finish the new series by finally giving Vergil a good role, something wasted in previous DMC games. XD

0/10 trolling only proves DmC is worthless. XD

I think you're confusing DmC with DMC 4. I understand and I respect your view, though. I mean, opinions are really important and reasonable.

Anyway, look at the bright side, Nero now has a girlfriend. At least he is not a total loser. XD

Yeah unlike Dante from DmC where only girl looks at him like he's a dork.

Dante and nero doesn`t need to pay prostitutes to get laid.
---
Ill add something here later....
#35shatterstar(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 9:55:57 AM
Black Out posted...
shatterstar posted...
That's why I can't ever see Capcom revisiting this franchise ever again after their attempt at rebooting it failed.

Actually, Ninja Theory was the one who executed the reboot.

Capcom made the decision to to reboot DMC.

That said, the failure of the reboot is more Ninja Theory's than Capcom's.

Capcom may have gave NT the loaded gun and ordered them to shoot, but it was Ninja Theory who aimed it.

No mate.

Ninja Theory are the employees and Capcom is the Boss. They hired NT to perform a job which Capcom has full control over and also are the dictators of this project.

Therefore, NT made a game that they were hired, paid, and also told to make. Which received positive reviews across the board and praises from all critics by the way. So they did a good job.

So show me a job to where the company that hires you and gives you money, just to let you run off and do your own thing and receive no supervison and also get paid. I'll tell you to point me to the site where I can fill out and application...lol.
#36KyryloPosted 5/19/2013 9:56:26 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...

yeah to bad from such girls instead of healthy relationship the only thing he gets is venereal decease. And Vergil has bigger ***. So Dante is still looser. no matter how you look on it. :D
#37KyryloPosted 5/19/2013 10:01:35 AM
shatterstar posted...
Black Out posted...
shatterstar posted...
That's why I can't ever see Capcom revisiting this franchise ever again after their attempt at rebooting it failed.

Actually, Ninja Theory was the one who executed the reboot.

Capcom made the decision to to reboot DMC.

That said, the failure of the reboot is more Ninja Theory's than Capcom's.

Capcom may have gave NT the loaded gun and ordered them to shoot, but it was Ninja Theory who aimed it.

No mate.

Ninja Theory are the employees and Capcom is the Boss. They hired NT to perform a job which Capcom has full control over and also are the dictators of this project.

Therefore, NT made a game that they were hired, paid, and also told to make. Which received positive reviews across the board and praises from all critics by the way. So they did a good job.

So show me a job to where the company that hires you and gives you money, just to let you run off and do your own thing and receive no supervison and also get paid. I'll tell you to point me to the site where I can fill out and application...lol.

NT employees? thats new joke. They bunch of loosers dragged from garbage bin by Capcom to do underpaid dirty job. As for company, ask Kojima. He allowed P* to create MGR that objectively better game and the only ones not accepting it are casual noobs such as you unable to beat anything harder than my little pony.
#38Pesmerga255Posted 5/19/2013 10:02:40 AM
Remember, shatter is a 17 year old girl and "she" thinks Capcom are their own investors.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#39KyryloPosted 5/19/2013 10:03:30 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Remember, shatter is a 17 year old girl and "she" thinks Capcom are their own investors.

wasn't "it" 14 years old?
#40Pesmerga255Posted 5/19/2013 10:05:08 AM
shatter said it was 14 in 2010.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!