Why I believe the DMC franchise is dead.

#71XxIamKiraXxPosted 5/19/2013 11:46:41 AM
Idea for a new topic, "Why I can't take anyone on this board seriously anymore".
#72produnerPosted 5/19/2013 11:49:04 AM
XxIamKiraXx posted...
*Meaningless-stereotype post about ridiculing board users because the board is in top ten, thus inviting mainstream-Low IQ people*
#735hadowsPosted 5/19/2013 11:56:53 AM
produner posted...
XxIamKiraXx posted...
*Meaningless-stereotype post about ridiculing board users because the board is in top ten, thus inviting mainstream-Low IQ people*

Worse than antis or pros are the low self steems fatties that pop up once a while and claim to be neutral just to feel superior to both sides.
---
Ill add something here later....
#74ben10pokemon79Posted 5/19/2013 11:58:58 AM
Few series made by Capcom have reached a game that ends in 5. Street Fighter only has 4. Monster Hunter, Lost Planet, Marvel VS Capcom have only hit 3. Resident Evil and Mega Man are the only series to reach a 5th, I think...
---
"Losing's not my style."
Gambit, X-Men Next Dimension
#75StrelokPosted 5/19/2013 11:59:14 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Strelok posted...
smithkakarot posted...
Strelok posted...
smithkakarot posted...
...goddammit, I'm f***ing sick and tired of this "Lady is a hooker" BS.

Likewise.
She isn't. If she is, I guess other action game females like Samus Aran (Dat Zero Outfit), Jill Valentine in RE3, Sheva Alomar (Dat Tribal outfit), just about every fighting game female ever (Especially Ivy from Soul Calibur. Did you know that she is a virgin and that Sophita is a respectable mother?) are hookers.

Oh wait, they are not.

Kat, I can believe she is a prostitute. Seems to fit right in the theme with the game, being so offensive as it is to begin with.

Isn't Bayonetta a virgin too? Maybe it's never stated, but for some reason, I feel like she is...despite her teasing nature.

IIRC she was and let's say ti is heavily implied that she and Jeanne are more than just rivals in witchery if you catch my drift.

weren't they just friends -_-
Where comes this idea

My twisted mind that absolutely adores lesbians naturally.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#765hadowsPosted 5/19/2013 12:03:41 PM
ben10pokemon79 posted...
Few series made by Capcom have reached a game that ends in 5. Street Fighter only has 4. Monster Hunter, Lost Planet, Marvel VS Capcom have only hit 3. Resident Evil and Mega Man are the only series to reach a 5th, I think...

Breath of fire and Gyakuten Saiban.
---
Ill add something here later....
#77Pesmerga255Posted 5/19/2013 12:04:40 PM
**** BoF: Dragon Quarter.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#78jigglyweigelPosted 5/19/2013 12:05:07 PM
I like the new DmC. Better than the original series. I'm actually hoping they turn it into a franchise.
#79ThatPersonGuyPosted 5/19/2013 12:05:12 PM
shatterstar posted...
zfair89 posted...
shatterstar posted...
zfair89 posted...
I really don't think Capcom are so blind to not realise the potential goodwill they could win back from fans with a DMC5 announcement. It's not like DmC was calculated out of spite for the original fanbase, no matter what the tinfoil-hat wearing idiots on this site might like to believe. I think there will be a DMC5, but even if there isn't I'm sure that DmC2 will bring about a return to the old style of action. Hopefully.

Capcom has never catered to a fanbase nor gave into fans demands period. Making a DMC5 would mean that they're admitting defeat and believe me mate, Capcom are way too proud to do such a thing.

They have no problems terminating entire franchise and moving on. That my friend is a fact well known. So DMC5 is not even an option set on the table.

I can see them giving the new Dante a complete makeover that's leaning more towards the original character design and improving DmC though. I completely agree with that. But I can't see them completely catering to the fan base by delivering to them a DMC5.

Capcom are a business. If they see sufficient demand for X then they're not going to go around and make Y because the target demographic for X are petulant whiners. They've had to 'admit defeat' with RE6 and have promised to revise that series' direction, so I don't see why it should be any different with DMC. The question of course is whether or not there really is a sizable body of support for a DMC5. I think there is.

Well they had no problems terminating the Mega Man franchise and Onimusha either. Those two franchises were in extreme demand and has a bigger fan base.

So if they're confident enough to do that as a business, what you're stating doesn't even apply their ideology.

PS: Resident Evil is their biggest franchise that managed to cross both firms of media. That franchise isn't going anyway. But they're always constantly rebooting it with all these spins-off and other forms of Resident Evil games. So fail or not, they're all always turn a profit as long as those movies are alive and kicking.

The same doesn't apply towards the DMC franchise though. They can honestly let go of this just like all the other million mark breaking franchises.

I agree with you, just that MM hasn't been terminated yet. Just put on hold.
---
"You don't have an inferiority complex, you're just inferior."
-Sarcastic Announcer in Wave Race
#80Pesmerga255Posted 5/19/2013 12:12:22 PM
Capcom are the ones that are dead. They'll be bankrupt by the end of the decade.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!