Why did they stop adding gory death scenes for Dante?

#11darkslayer001Posted 5/19/2013 8:16:15 PM
Are you referring to gory death scenes like in DMC1 and RE4?.
Knowing that this game is western, made by NT, catered to casuals, and not looked over by the folks at P* or Capcom, are you still not sure why those are not in the game?
#12caffiend7Posted 5/19/2013 9:15:43 PM
Because Donte would whine like a baby while Dante would act like it's nothing.
#13lokithefoolPosted 5/19/2013 9:22:32 PM
Werndan101 posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a6lVeIPfzs

For that matter, why wasn't there anything for Donte?

I think the developers thought it didn't make a whole lot of sense, so they removed it. Kind of strange to see a guy getting dismembered who can't be dismembered.
#14NaturalEvil1Posted 5/20/2013 12:25:55 AM
Well, near the end of the game didn't Vorgil almost die from getting stabbed in his chest? There's no way Donte could take any form of impalement and brush it off the way Dante can.
#15NeoTStylePosted 5/20/2013 6:15:20 PM
Coming from DMC3 and 4, I was kinda shocked when I got mauled by the black panther enemy in DMC1 once. That was pretty disturbing. I'm glad they didn't have these in later games because in my eyes Dante should never die, especially not in a grim way like that. It's just too dark... ;_;
#16Malus_X6Posted 5/20/2013 6:39:28 PM
Coming from DMC3 and 4, I was kinda shocked when I got mauled by the black panther enemy in DMC1 once. That was pretty disturbing. I'm glad they didn't have these in later games because in my eyes Dante should never die, especially not in a grim way like that. It's just too dark... ;_;

Ya know... I think I can agree with this.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#17NostalgiaRulesPosted 5/20/2013 10:12:53 PM
lokithefool posted...
Werndan101 posted...

I think the developers thought it didn't make a whole lot of sense, so they removed it. Kind of strange to see a guy getting dismembered who can't be dismembered.

This. It wouldn't make much sense seeing as how DmC Dante and DMC Dante can take pretty much anything and survive. That and maybe NT had to make some cuts or didn't have time to add it. There's already quite a bit of raunchy and violent stuff in DmC. If they added that, they'd have to up the rating to adult only.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#18ReceiverxWisdomPosted 5/21/2013 12:53:04 AM
^ And we all know how anal the media is over video game violence and too much can influence the very rating itself.

-___-

I wish the ESRB would just grow some balls, let AO games be sold and for once Japan should stop censoring gore in general like it's some kind of big deal when there's a handful of animes out there that depict graphic dismemberment.
---
"I'm the man you love to hate and I'm sure as hell not phased by you fakes."
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#193D3Posted 5/21/2013 1:11:33 AM
Nick_Kazama posted...
"Why did they stop adding gory death scenes for Dante?"

Ummm... they turned him into Donte... That's the worst death imaginable...!

lol
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#20Werndan101(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 2:43:31 AM
NeoTStyle posted...

That's what I love about it.

NostalgiaRules posted...
lokithefool posted...
Werndan101 posted...

This. It wouldn't make much sense seeing as how DmC Dante and DMC Dante can take pretty much anything and survive. That and maybe NT had to make some cuts or didn't have time to add it. There's already quite a bit of raunchy and violent stuff in DmC. If they added that, they'd have to up the rating to adult only.

Why would gory scenes make it adult only? Dead Space isn't AO.
---
Need help figuring out components for your gaming PC? Check this.
http://tinyurl.com/falconguide