My DmC review and commentary....I'm curious about yours.

#51SHMYazooPosted 5/20/2013 9:47:29 AM
I think you should review the other DMC games, Ink-Ribbon, for reference.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#52Pesmerga255Posted 5/20/2013 9:56:41 AM
SHMYazoo posted...

http://events.atwatercrossing.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/I-love-lucy.jpg

I think this is suitable.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#53SpecterVonBarenPosted 5/20/2013 1:09:12 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...

GAMEPLAY: Plain and simple, way better than DMC 1 and 2, but not better than DMC 3.

Final score: 8,5. Loses 1,5 due the lack of lock on, though I'm used to it now.

STORY: Nothing original, some lines were bad ( like Poison's dialogue), they did copy a lot from They Live. I was waiting more.

Final score: 5.

BOSSES: The worst part of the game, scripted attacks, slow, too big. The only decent ones were Hunter and Vergil. Mundus fight was disappointing. Bob Barbas was interesting too...

Final score: 5,5.

GLITCHES: Yep, DmC suffered with that problem. I had only one glitch during my 104 hours of gameplay and it was the Vergil fight.

However, I agree they needed to fix a lot of that stuff. Hopefully DmC 2 will fix it.

Final score: 5. For a PS3 game, the glitches could have been avoided.

Expand on these.
---
George Carlin~ Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.
My Father~ Failure is ALWAYS an option... but giving up is not.
#54Edward_R_MurrowPosted 5/20/2013 1:49:55 PM
So...a review of an action game that has maybe seven sentences about the gameplay elements?

Wut/10.
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#55Ink-Ribbon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 1:59:58 PM
SHMYazoo posted...

Don't worry yazoo, I'll review the other games, but considering there are only 2 of them ( Dante's Awakening and DMC 1), it's gonna be easy. XD
#56produnerPosted 5/20/2013 2:14:40 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
SHMYazoo posted...

Don't worry yazoo, I'll review the other games, but considering there are only 2 of them ( Dante's Awakening and DMC 1), it's gonna be easy. XD

http://artsandvenuesdenver.com/images/blog/sock_puppet_picture.jpg
---
"You need to stop making fun of Brazilians. Your account is going to lose posting privileges at this rate. Just knock it off."
#57Ink-Ribbon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 6:04:15 PM
produner posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
SHMYazoo posted...

http://artsandvenuesdenver.com/images/blog/sock_puppet_picture.jpg

Yeah, i remember these bosses from Nero's Adventure...

Very easy to be defeated. All you had to do, was waiting until the ending of the countdown. Then, you could blow up that thing easily.

I couldn't believe when I saw these same enemies in MGR. So, though, strong, rough. They like it and I love it even more. XD

What do you think?
#58Ink-Ribbon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2013 6:15:50 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
So, total score= 39. 39/6= 6,5. It's a good and reasonable score. That's based on my PS3 gameplay. I've never played on XBOX, though people say it's better. So, it may get a better score.

Now, everything I have to do now, is getting my soda, french fries and a giant piece of pizza, waiting for people to call me a fanboy, even though I said the game has flaws. Anyway, it's part of the game, I guess. XD

I'm surprised, I thought you liked it much more. Overall reasonable overview even though I disagree with the part about the characters, but hey. Opinions and all that jazz.

Thanks. ;)
#59tehdudPosted 5/20/2013 7:06:51 PM
Theres DMC, DMC2, DMC3, DMC4.

Thats 4. Im sorry you cant count.
---
http://i.imgur.com/f9v1SV5.gif
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#60NostalgiaRulesPosted 5/20/2013 10:17:55 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
So, I know some people think I'm a fanboy and I praise DmC to death.

In order to avoid that image and show I'm reasonable, for the first time I'm giving you something different. In other words, this is everything I think about DmC, without lies, without flaws and without fear. Yes, I'm really worried about what you think, I actually won't be able to sleep until I give my part. XD

So, expect straight answers and objective info from me. Now let's go:

I'll split the review in 6 parts: Concept, characters, gameplay, story, bosses and glitches.

CONCEPT: At first glance, I disliked 100% the idea of Dante turning into someone completely different. The first teaser poster really damaged the game's image. That won't change, many people gave up the series as soon as they watched the video.

However, with every new info being released, I started noticing that we were talking about a different universe, different characters ( even if they had same names from original series) and we would finally something different.

The original series needed something fresh. Many wasted chances, so DmC was created. I like the designs, the clothes and the visuals.

Final score: 7. Not bad, not awesome, but it's reasonable.

CHARACTERS: We had Dante, Vergil, Kat, Phineas, Mundus, Lilith and Bob Barbas. I won't mention others, because most of them were bosses or had 1 or 2 lines.

Dante was a little rude at the beginning, but I started liking him. Vergil was cool and classy, just like old Vergil. Phineas was wasted, due his importance to the plot. He just disappeared. mundus was actually fine and he had a better focus on story than the cliche Zeus Mundus from DMC 1. I'm not playing God of War. Lilith was just there, but I liked how she taunted Dante. Kat was beautiful and she had more feelings than both Trish and Lady. Bob Barbas is just an ant being shown n a game. Like real life, another anti was beaten and defeated.

Final score: 8. Lilith and Phineas were the downside of the game.

GAMEPLAY: Plain and simple, way better than DMC 1 and 2, but not better than DMC 3.

Final score: 8,5. Loses 1,5 due the lack of lock on, though I'm used to it now.

STORY: Nothing original, some lines were bad ( like Poison's dialogue), they did copy a lot from They Live. I was waiting more.

Final score: 5.

BOSSES: The worst part of the game, scripted attacks, slow, too big. The only decent ones were Hunter and Vergil. Mundus fight was disappointing. Bob Barbas was interesting too...

Final score: 5,5.

GLITCHES: Yep, DmC suffered with that problem. I had only one glitch during my 104 hours of gameplay and it was the Vergil fight.

However, I agree they needed to fix a lot of that stuff. Hopefully DmC 2 will fix it.

Final score: 5. For a PS3 game, the glitches could have been avoided.

So, total score= 39. 39/6= 6,5. It's a good and reasonable score. That's based on my PS3 gameplay. I've never played on XBOX, though people say it's better. So, it may get a better score.

Now, everything I have to do now, is getting my soda, french fries and a giant piece of pizza, waiting for people to call me a fanboy, even though I said the game has flaws. Anyway, it's part of the game, I guess. XD

I don't mean to be rude to you, Ink, I honestly don't, but when you keep posting things like, "I'm so reasonable, I simply won't get a wink of sleep if I don't post this. I'm so very, very reasonable that I just love DmC 2 so very much. I'm simply so very, very excited about it all! XD XD XD," it kind of makes it hard to take you seriously. I actually don't know if you're being serious or not. As for the review, that was fair and reasonable.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.