You know, I just realized...

#1smithkakarotPosted 6/7/2013 1:24:04 AM
The gaming press never had much respect for the original Dante, period. YEARS ago, back when DMC4 was still in development, I remember reading a magazine that referred to him as "everyone's favorite metrosexual demon-hunter".
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#2Rising_shadowPosted 6/7/2013 1:25:38 AM
I don't think those people even know what a metrosexual is.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#3CrimzonHeadPosted 6/7/2013 1:50:20 AM
I remember Game Informer put DMC3 Dante in their top 10 dorks of the year list, telling him to put on a shirt.
---
"I'm not a idiot" - KAMMYqueen
Don't be scared homie.
#4ufaraPosted 6/7/2013 4:47:15 AM
CrimzonHead posted...
I remember Game Informer put DMC3 Dante in their top 10 dorks of the year list, telling him to put on a shirt.

In all fairness, he kinda is a dork in some scenes. It's just the nature of being cocky.
---
"SHABOOOWIE!!" - Genie -ducktales the movie
#5Werndan101Posted 6/7/2013 2:42:32 PM
ufara posted...
CrimzonHead posted...

In all fairness, he kinda is a dork in some scenes. It's just the nature of being cocky.

DMC3 Dante is supposed to be kind of a dork. Every time he tries to be cool, it blows up in his face.
---
Need help figuring out components for your gaming PC? Check this.
http://tinyurl.com/falconguide
#6StepswordsmanPosted 6/7/2013 3:17:34 PM
Well, thankfully, he's a lot more western now.
---
Decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing.
#7PunkMcThrustPosted 6/7/2013 3:22:20 PM
Dante sucked in Devil May Cry 4, so I really can't blame whatever magazine that was.
---
Armstrong for President
#8ufaraPosted 6/7/2013 3:30:32 PM
PunkMcThrust posted...
Dante sucked in Devil May Cry 4, so I really can't blame whatever magazine that was.

In all fairness, if you taken out one of the biggest demons in Hell (sealed away at least), you probably wouldn't take the Fortuna job serious as well. He does show some intrest in Nero, and he does trust him with Yamato.

The game just need time to be finished.
---
"SHABOOOWIE!!" - Genie -ducktales the movie
#9darkslayer001Posted 6/7/2013 7:44:22 PM
smithkakarot posted...
The gaming press never had much respect for the original Dante, period. YEARS ago, back when DMC4 was still in development, I remember reading a magazine that referred to him as "everyone's favorite metrosexual demon-hunter".

i think it has more do with west not being able to digest east, and as usual the press trying to get attention. but i have never heard of such information prior to DmC...
#10Vergil92Posted 6/7/2013 8:27:52 PM
CrimzonHead posted...

They also listed Dante as one of the worst characters of the last decade when they did that "30 characters that defined a decade" article back in like 2010.
---
PSN: Mr_Scott_Kennedy
"Your right hand comes off?"