Do you thinkg the game would have been better if-

#1Mother-NesuPosted 6/9/2013 7:12:15 PM
It was actually they planned it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU-lIgWeugU

I think so. >.>
#2Dark_EpathyPosted 6/9/2013 7:19:02 PM
No. People would still just add "Kamiya's original vision of the character didn't smoke" to their laundry lists of issues.

That said, it's not like there's much that's all that different. Apart from the potential psychological angle and Dante's design, a lot of it looks spot-on for what we got in the game itself.

The game would have benefited from more character and world building, though. Some of the missions should have been squeezed together (the bosses taking up individual missions is ridiculous), and that would have allowed the story to further flesh itself out.

I suspect, however, given the nature of motion capture, there were probably restrictions as far as storytelling could go.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#3Rising_shadowPosted 6/9/2013 7:47:07 PM
Motion capturing did absolutely nothing to limit either DMC3 or 4. The idea that motion capturing is responsible in any way for the flaws in the game is ridiculous.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#4Dark_EpathyPosted 6/9/2013 8:34:23 PM
It's not an excuse. Both DMC3 and DMC4 have much more developed plots with more scenes and meaningful content. I was just throwing out an idea and talking out of my ass. There's no way to know if there were limitations on how many scenes they could produce, models they could have, etc.
---
#5Rising_shadowPosted 6/9/2013 8:46:04 PM
They had some three years of development time and presumably a sizable budget to work with according to the expectations Capcom had in terms of sales. The budget was not the problem. The problem is that NT think they're master storytellers and above doing actual action scenes. These are the same people who have no respect for the franchise or the fans after all.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#6AlexxShadenk777Posted 6/9/2013 9:23:30 PM
Don't know if it would've been better, but if nothing else, it definitely would've been more interesting in matter of story.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013
#7RayconPosted 6/9/2013 9:56:39 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
It's not an excuse. Both DMC3 and DMC4 have much more developed plots with more scenes and meaningful content. I was just throwing out an idea and talking out of my ass. There's no way to know if there were limitations on how many scenes they could produce, models they could have, etc.

Wasn't DmC produced at the same studio that did motion capture for Avatar? Maybe that put a bit of strain on the budget if that ended up being a more expensive decision.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#8Dark_EpathyPosted 6/9/2013 9:57:09 PM
The problem is that NT think they're master storytellers and above doing actual action scenes.

Well, it wasn't so much action scenes I missed. I just would have liked more in terms of characters and the world. We were told a lot of stuff by Vergil, but we never got to see much of it firsthand. A longer story would have helped in that regard.
---
#9Werndan101Posted 6/10/2013 8:28:24 PM
I don't think that all that much got dropped from it, it was just played down a lot outside of Bob Barbas flat-out saying that Donte is delusional. A lot of the stuff in the game indicates they're not all that right in the head, like them somehow not being able to use their demonic weapons outside of Limbo.
---
Need help figuring out components for your gaming PC? Check this.
http://tinyurl.com/falconguide