Yet another game that looks awesome in HnS genre.....

#1KyryloPosted 6/13/2013 1:15:36 AM
I know many like DmC, but Dmc doesnt have awesome cool visuals and cutscenes of original titles. Earlier this year we got MGR that made it right. But after watching Killer is Dead, I must say it looks much, much better than DmC. Could it be that DmC gonna stay behind AGAIN?
#2Pimps1678Posted 6/13/2013 3:33:00 AM
Stay behind was DmC game's duty and 'll alway be! There must be some one who watch behind our back, dont you know?
#3Kyrylo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 3:40:48 AM
I dont want Donte's behind my back ...ugh.
#4QCTeamkillPosted 6/13/2013 4:30:34 AM
I'm digging it, has a nice polish to faces and that tiger is awesome.

No weapon switching, and it's chapter 7. Break guards with fat arm then dice. I hope those QTE prompts we're only tutorials.

I don't see how it relates to DmC though, more like Afro Samurai. Riding minigame a bit like LOS. Also, another trailer has a dating minigame with x-ray vision glasses, good stuff :D

Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z is the real contender against it, I'd say, and I didn't like the GOW:A vibe from it.
#5shatterstarPosted 6/13/2013 7:16:28 AM
Kyrylo posted...
I know many like DmC, but Dmc doesnt have awesome cool visuals and cutscenes of original titles. Earlier this year we got MGR that made it right. But after watching Killer is Dead, I must say it looks much, much better than DmC. Could it be that DmC gonna stay behind AGAIN?

I honestly didn't know that there was a race going on.

I thought people just play them for a couple weeks and trade them in and forget about them. You know, move on to the next big thing.

It's not like there's plenty of replay value from a single player experience now is it.

PS: If stylish cutscenes is what you're playing these games for, heaven help you mate. Because I could give a rats ass about how stylish and over the top the cutscenes are. Because if the writings bad, voice acting is bad, dialogue is bad, and story is straight up ridiculous like... ( MGR and Classic DMC). What's the point of sitting there watching them when they're an insult to your intelligence.

Those cutscenes get skipped mate. Kids these days...lol.
#6Rising_shadowPosted 6/13/2013 8:17:36 AM
That's a lot of fancy talk coming from someone who thought DmC could eventually break five million sold units, matey mate. Typically bandwagonner, once NT proved themselves so incompetent as to even sell a million units like always you jumped from the wagon and try to sell us this hipster wannabe image like it was always there.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#7smithkakarotPosted 6/13/2013 8:22:50 AM
shatterstar posted...
What's the point of sitting there watching them when they're an insult to your intelligence.

...what "intelligence"?
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#8RetsuxDPosted 6/13/2013 8:24:35 AM
shatterstar posted...

I thought people just play them for a couple weeks and trade them in and forget about them. You know, move on to the next big thing.

It's not like there's plenty of replay value from a single player experience now is it.

Have to quote every time you say something dumb from now on.
#9darkslayer001Posted 6/13/2013 8:42:45 AM(edited)
shatterstar posted...
Kyrylo posted...

PS: If stylish cutscenes is what you're playing these games for, heaven help you mate. Because I could give a rats ass about how stylish and over the top the cutscenes are. Because if the writings bad, voice acting is bad, dialogue is bad, and story is straight up ridiculous like... ( MGR and Classic DMC). What's the point of sitting there watching them when they're an insult to your intelligence.

Those cutscenes get skipped mate. Kids these days...lol.

maybe you don't know this, people who are fans of HnS genre don't just play these games for a couple weeks and then trade it in for another. There is dedicated community of people who play games like these and put in average around 30-60 hrs or more. It is like 2D fighters, people just don't trade it in after going through the story... there is always new things to learn and experience.
Just goes to show you how much Shatter knows about the genre.
and this is a videogame not a movie where stylish cutscene defines the hype apart from the gameplay, and who doesn't enjoy over the top stylish cutscene with well choregraphed fights?, it tells a lot about the character apart from his dialogues. (MGR is the perfect example where the gameplay is not as diverse as DMC but the game is the definition of hype thks to its cutscenes and soundtrack)
btw those cutscenes don't ever get skipped lol. The cutscenes worth skippping are all in DmC, cuz nothing is happnening with the characters just giving off blank stares.
#10AmishMechanicPosted 6/13/2013 8:38:11 AM
the old dmc had boring cut scenes and the chars are written badly antis wud see this if they stopped cryin about dantes hair