Why do people want a harder game?

#21Pesmerga255Posted 6/16/2013 4:14:49 AM
I still need to complete Brotherhood and play Revelations. They've been sitting in my room for over a year now.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#22HeX4869Posted 6/16/2013 8:01:38 AM
It's not a question of "hard(er)", it's whether or not something is at my level. Would you want to play a game that was made to be easy and playable for blind people? The typical casual gamer is an average person who is usually a slow learner and therefore will prefer easier games to suit their mental level.
---
Surface Velocity!
#23NostalgiaRulesPosted 6/16/2013 12:30:43 PM
knightoffire55 posted...
Dante Must Die is not difficult enough for you.

I don't think people want a harder game. I think people want a good challenge, crazy wild combos and stylish moves, like original DMC 3 and DMC 4 offered. The new DmC doesn't seem to have the same wild, stylish flair to it.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#24Rising_shadowPosted 6/16/2013 12:43:22 PM
I kinda liked AC3 but in terms of setting and story it's a huge downgrade. One of things people really love about AC is the meticulously recreated architecture. AC2 is covered in beautiful scenery and buildings and running over their roofs all over the citiyscapes was a thrill.
3 just didn't have that and Connor as a main characters doesn't have the charisma power of the amazingly talented but kind of a jackass Altair or the raw determination and mettle of Ezio who grows from a carefree playboy thuggish noble into a master assassin and eventually one of the finest assassins who has ever existed on a journey that sprawls forty years. AC2 really did that right, it made us feel the passage of time. Imagine how Ezio took 20 years to finally get his revenge, that has to be a harrowing effort.
Though the sea battles were awesome, that's for sure. Minus the constantly shifting current bullcrap, it was by far the coolest part of the game so Black Flag being mostly about sea battles is definitely a plus even if I'd prefer something like a better setting. Like the French Revolution, that would be interesting.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#25Malus_X6Posted 6/16/2013 1:36:51 PM
knightoffire55 posted...
Dante Must Die is not difficult enough for you.

I don't think people want a harder game. I think people want a good challenge, crazy wild combos and stylish moves, like original DMC 3 and DMC 4 offered. The new DmC doesn't seem to have the same wild, stylish flair to it.

TRUTH!!
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#26ZeroX91Posted 6/16/2013 3:07:55 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
RagueltheUFO posted...
When did this conversation turn into Assassin's Creed? XD

Who cares. Off topic stuff is the only time everyone normally gets along pretty well.

See this guy gets it.

...so 3 is bad then?
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOWef0Ic_QE
#27SiLVeR_420Posted 6/16/2013 3:27:01 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
RagueltheUFO posted...
When did this conversation turn into Assassin's Creed? XD

Who cares. Off topic stuff is the only time everyone normally gets along pretty well.

See this guy gets it.

...so 3 is bad then?

Its not completely terrible but compared to Ezios game its not as great.

Its about as good as AC1.

AC2 still remains the best of the series.
---
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
Hey Sony. Remember that time I owned a PS2?...friends?
#28Rising_shadowPosted 6/16/2013 4:29:23 PM
Pretty much. 3 would be much better with a more interesting protagonist but the fact that it's so steeped into the American Revolution story means there's nothing except going with the flow about it anyway.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#29SiLVeR_420Posted 6/17/2013 12:08:29 AM
Rising_shadow posted...
Pretty much. 3 would be much better with a more interesting protagonist but the fact that it's so steeped into the American Revolution story means there's nothing except going with the flow about it anyway.

And don't don't spend nearly half the dang game teaching you how to play.

A tutorial for the ship stuff was fine. But everything else didn't need one. After 4 games in the franchise I think I know how to play.

Don't even need a tutorial for tree climbing. Just say "Hey. You can climb these now." And you're good.
---
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
Hey Sony. Remember that time I owned a PS2?...friends?
#30cthulhufatagnPosted 6/17/2013 1:29:29 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Rising_shadow posted...

And don't don't spend nearly half the dang game teaching you how to play.

A tutorial for the ship stuff was fine. But everything else didn't need one. After 4 games in the franchise I think I know how to play.

Don't even need a tutorial for tree climbing. Just say "Hey. You can climb these now." And you're good.

...a 1/3rd of the game is tutorials
---
I am many...
Officially Dearly Beloved of the PS3 KH3 board