How about a deal that should make both fanbases happy?

#1AFreebyPosted 6/17/2013 4:56:24 PM
I openly admit, I am not a big fan of the new DmC reboot. I am an old school DMC fan, and would like to see a continuation of the original series, with the old characters, and the old style. That being said, I do realize that this new direction has garnered a fanbase, however small.

Personally, I feel it would be nasty to not allow them to continue the story that they have now got themselves involved in, just as I would like to continue the old DMC story I, and many others, have invested ourselves in.

So how about this for a compromise: DMC5 will be made as PS4 exclusive, while DmC fans get DmC2 made exclusively for the Xbox One.

This should please everybody! We old school fans get DMC5, you DmC pros get DmC2, and each console gets a new third party exclusive. I think everything works out fine in this scenario ;)
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Official Dark Emperor Mundus of the DmC board
#2StrelokPosted 6/17/2013 4:58:58 PM
Considering it means that the DmC fans have to get arguably the worst console of all time, and this includes the Nokia N-Gage, I'm good with that idea.

I'm a bastard.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#3AFreeby(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 4:59:43 PM
I think it is just being fair.
---
#4StrelokPosted 6/17/2013 5:08:52 PM
More than fair, had I my way this game would never have seen the light of day.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#5Pesmerga255Posted 6/17/2013 5:11:58 PM
I've seen an alarming number of N-Gage defenders in recent years. I think the hipster effect is coming into play with that system.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#6AFreeby(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 5:15:34 PM
I wasn't too happy about it being made either, but now that it has been the fans for this new DmC don't deserve to have it ripped away from them, just as we don't deserve to have our DMC series tossed in the garbage by Capcom. I think Xbox One would be a great new fit for DmC, and its fanbase.
---
#7Pesmerga255Posted 6/17/2013 5:16:33 PM
I agree. The Xbox One can keep Ninja Theory.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#85hadowsPosted 6/17/2013 5:21:58 PM
A sequel to a flop made by developers known by their constant creation of flops in a soon-to-flop console? Jesus Christ yes, please do it.
---
Ill add something here later....
#9AFreeby(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 5:30:00 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds these to be reasonable terms. This way, we won't have pro DmC fans saying that we are trying to kill their series. We want it to be made for them, and we even have the perfect platform for it.
---
#10Ink-RibbonPosted 6/17/2013 5:37:04 PM
The only reasonable way of making everyone happy, would be releasing both DmC 2 and Devils Never Cry ( the true spirit DMC sequel)

Considering I'm reasonable, I'm satisfied with both of them or at least of them. XD