So you're telling me that Dante is a national terrorist, but no one even notices

#21prince_nagashPosted 6/18/2013 10:36:47 AM
inb4 comparisons to previous DMC stories
#22DullahansXMarkPosted 6/18/2013 7:30:47 PM
prince_nagash posted...

Which would be hilarious, considering that the facts STILL stand that none of the previous four games had any plot holes. (Nero/Vergil barely counts, nowhere in the actual games themselves does it state how old Vergil was in DMC3, nor do they state how long the time frame between DMC3 and DMC4 is. That's all extended universe, which could very easily be stated as non-canon any second.)

Yeah... pros.
#23RagueltheUFOPosted 6/18/2013 9:35:53 PM
DullahansXMark posted...
prince_nagash posted...

Which would be hilarious, considering that the facts STILL stand that none of the previous four games had any plot holes. (Nero/Vergil barely counts, nowhere in the actual games themselves does it state how old Vergil was in DMC3, nor do they state how long the time frame between DMC3 and DMC4 is. That's all extended universe, which could very easily be stated as non-canon any second.)

Yeah... pros.

Yes, that's very true. We have to remember too that this is a fan theory to try and justify why Nero is important to the plot (and it could have very well been confirmed if DMC4 was completed). The novel I think supports the theory completely but since most novel material is not canon anyway...

I mean I would consider the Disgaea novels canon (because it would explain why Laharl is scared of woman) but wouldn't support the Devil Survivor 2 novel coming out (because apparently there's a Gary Sue in it and will make things too OOC for Yamato as a result).
#24UbberDevilPosted 6/18/2013 10:09:20 PM
shatterstar posted...
BladeDog911 posted...
He was on the news so everyone should have known that dante is a terrorist.

When dante goes in the soda factory, everyone just walks by. When he goes to the bar, no one outside knows who he is. The stripper in the club talks to him, but doesn't even ask him about the things he did.

.....why?

Mate.

These events are happening in one day. Last time I've checked, people aren't watching the news in the clubs, soda factories, and I never seen a bar in the game, except for in that club.

As for the stripper, she was one of the guys he took back to his trailer. So she's very familiar with him and who he is. My guess is that she is into bad boys.

You honestly expect me to believe that the entirety of this game's story takes place in one day? Dante meets Kat, gets taken to Vergil, goes to their mansion, breaks into the factory, takes down the news station, saves Vergil from demon attack at the H.Q., Kat gets kidnapped, and then they go to rescue her at the club aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall in one day........

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#25RagueltheUFOPosted 6/19/2013 5:24:31 PM
UbberDevil posted...
shatterstar posted...
BladeDog911 posted...
He was on the news so everyone should have known that dante is a terrorist.

When dante goes in the soda factory, everyone just walks by. When he goes to the bar, no one outside knows who he is. The stripper in the club talks to him, but doesn't even ask him about the things he did.

.....why?

Mate.

These events are happening in one day. Last time I've checked, people aren't watching the news in the clubs, soda factories, and I never seen a bar in the game, except for in that club.

As for the stripper, she was one of the guys he took back to his trailer. So she's very familiar with him and who he is. My guess is that she is into bad boys.

You honestly expect me to believe that the entirety of this game's story takes place in one day? Dante meets Kat, gets taken to Vergil, goes to their mansion, breaks into the factory, takes down the news station, saves Vergil from demon attack at the H.Q., Kat gets kidnapped, and then they go to rescue her at the club aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall in one day........

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

...That wouldn't make sense though. If it happened in one day then Kat becoming the love interest and Vergin telling Dino he loved him is just BS then and that shows its bad writing.
#26StrelokPosted 6/19/2013 10:45:10 PM
It's Tameem Antoniades' writing.

He writes "badass characters" in a way where other people need to explain to him that being a gigantic assfart doesn't equal being badass.
Badasses, even antihero badasses, do not stomp on a helpless mans hand to send him falling to his inevitable death.

That man seriously needs to get his brainbox checked.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#27QCTeamkillPosted 6/20/2013 5:13:13 AM
Strelok posted...
It's Tameem Antoniades' writing.

He writes "badass characters" in a way where other people need to explain to him that being a gigantic assfart doesn't equal being badass.
Badasses, even antihero badasses, do not stomp on a helpless mans hand to send him falling to his inevitable death.

That man seriously needs to get his brainbox checked.

But, hurting random innocent people is the very definition of badass.

bad·ass (bds) Vulgar Slang
n.
A mean-tempered or belligerent person.
adj.
Mean; belligerent.

Badass IS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQTV43g-hAo

Badass IS NOT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbDPjrICgVM
#28syctheweilderPosted 6/20/2013 5:23:01 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#29syctheweilderPosted 6/20/2013 5:56:42 AM
Maybe my age is showing, but I don't think I've ever heard someone use the word in that context. Nowadays people just use it to refer to people or things that are really cool.
#30QCTeamkillPosted 6/20/2013 6:04:15 AM
syctheweilder posted...
Maybe my age is showing, but I don't think I've ever heard someone use the word in that context. Nowadays people just use it to refer to people or things that are really cool.

I guess my age is showing too.

Recently a young co-worker said "GO S***" (in French) to me at the coffee machine, during a normal conversation.

Apparently the new meaning of it is "NO KIDDING", well that's how he got out of it.