Why did the press piss all over DMC4 and yet...

#1DevilTriggerSSSPosted 6/19/2013 1:20:21 PM
Lauded like this like it was amazing?

DMC4 is clearly leagues ahead of this. It's not even a comparison. One is a turd and the other is a pile of gold, basically.
---
My time spent on gamefaqs visually represented:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjL2tMGmMdA
#2hoagie727Posted 6/19/2013 1:23:47 PM
My guess would be because we got mostly Nero instead of Dante.

Cheesey I need to save my girlfriend love story.

And the game felt incomplete and rushed.

The combat on the other hand was superb which is the most important part.

I agree with your point in terms of combat only.
#3Edward_R_MurrowPosted 6/19/2013 1:25:37 PM
Because reviewers write for the masses, people who don't play games more than once before reselling them, if they even play this genre at all.
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#4syctheweilderPosted 6/19/2013 1:37:53 PM(edited)
In every respect besides it's unparalleled combat, DMC4 smacks of wasted potential. It's clearly unfinished and impossible to ignore.

DmC on the other hand is a paint-by-numbers action game that plays it safe and has glaring faults most visible to those who love the genre it inhabits and negligible to those who don't.

It's enough to get the game a free pass from critics and casual players alike, not unlike Skyward Sword and Bioshock Infinite.
#5StrelokPosted 6/19/2013 3:24:53 PM
Unlike SS and BSI, the game itself is also quite capable of being terrible on its own merits.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#6RagueltheUFOPosted 6/19/2013 4:20:00 PM
DMC4 is rushed but had superior gameplay. The character portrayal of Dante and Nero depends on the person. HOWEVER, you would be lying to yourself if you said that DmC had better gameplay than DMC4.

DmC had at least 3 years and it still came out like crap.
#7StrelokPosted 6/19/2013 9:42:08 PM
Alex actually claims that DmC is better than DMC4, but that guy hates DMC4 so much it's insane, seriously.

There is hating a game until it gets silly, like me on DmC. But I at least acknowledge the few things it does right like how some levels look and... and... uhhh... and... you know? I am out of good things.

But Alex on DMC4? He outright fabricates stuff to make it seem bad, outright calling the game glitchier than DmC :s
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#8KyryloPosted 6/20/2013 12:06:44 AM
Strelok posted...
Alex actually claims that DmC is better than DMC4, but that guy hates DMC4 so much it's insane, seriously.

There is hating a game until it gets silly, like me on DmC. But I at least acknowledge the few things it does right like how some levels look and... and... uhhh... and... you know? I am out of good things.

But Alex on DMC4? He outright fabricates stuff to make it seem bad, outright calling the game glitchier than DmC :s

Alex is crybaby. He cries about everything he can and DMC4 is only top of the iceberg. So I wouldn't even listen to him.
#9Psychochild27Posted 6/20/2013 5:35:43 AM
Strelok posted...

And that's when he's not intentionally mangling complaints to make an entirely irrelevant point and then dismiss everyone else for being a moron because he doesn't understand or doesn't care what the original complaint was in the first place, he just wanted to get a cheap shot in.

Class act, that one.
#10OracleGunnerPosted 6/20/2013 6:32:42 AM
Strelok posted...

Training mode... I guess it was a nice addition... if only the puppet moved or attack or was challenging.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1