Should i bother with the game?

#1sbn4Posted 6/20/2013 4:31:37 PM
So I bought it for $35. But it was a hard choice between this and MGR. I went with this because I prefer the DMC universe for action. However, is this game worth the time? Its not so much the money seeing as how I can return it for a full refund it I want, but I don't really want to waste time on the game if its combat is not fun and rewarding.

I've spoiled the game for myself because I've watched all the cutscenes, so I'd primarily be playing for gameplay only.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#2OracleGunnerPosted 6/20/2013 4:35:16 PM
Trade it in. No gameplay, just platforming. Lots of platforming. Combat is dumbed down and downgraded from previous games to the point that DMD is Devil Hunter difficulty. And that is being generous. MGR has much better gameplay, though it does suffer from a distinct lack of quick swap between weapons.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
#3Pesmerga255Posted 6/20/2013 4:35:23 PM
The gameplay is bland and uninteresting. It's also very, very easy.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#4OracleGunnerPosted 6/20/2013 4:36:29 PM
Oh and I forgot to mention if you like your sig then MGR is yours to love.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
#5Edward_R_MurrowPosted 6/20/2013 4:39:59 PM
Here's some copypasta:

Bro, the gameplay is awful. You've got:

-Tons of pointless filler content. Something like a 45/55 filler/gameplay ratio. You spend way too much time walking in corridors, doing mindlessly repetitive "platforming", or having Gears of War walk and talk sequences.

-What gameplay there is isn't very good.

*Regular enemies are either helpless punching bags or "Elites", which are incredibly linear foes. There's nothing interesting about Witches, Butcher, or Tyrants as you fight them in the same way practically every time. Oh, and then there are the color coded enemies. Those are fun...

*Bosses are abysmal. Half the fights reduce to "Dodge big attack, do highest DPS moves during generous recovery frames." Two of them are poorly made knockoffs of DMC3 bosses. And one, Barbas, perhaps earns the award for most primitive boss design of this generation. Hit buttons, punish a helpless hitbox. That's it.

*The moveset is full of redundant techniques and most attacks fall into either the "boring" category or the "broken" category. Things like all of Arbiter's moveset are terribly uninteresting. Then things like Aquila's Round Trip and Buy-In trivialize a great deal of encounters.

-All sorts of glitches and annoying imperfections abound. Enemies will get stuck in animations, will just stop attacking, or will spawn outside the combat area forcing a restart. Bosses will just freeze in place sometimes. This is not a polished game.

Feel free to ask about any specifics. I'm certain there will be plenty of answers to any question you might have.
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#6sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 4:40:31 PM

How so? That quote was actually from a Splinter Cell game, and MGR seems to take itself not so seriously.

So are you guys saying I shouldn't even bother trying it? I don't think I'd lose sleep if I didn't play the game, but it's that bad huh? I can trade it in for MGR because its actually an even trade.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#7Dark_EpathyPosted 6/20/2013 4:47:21 PM
Just play it. You might really like it.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#8Ink-RibbonPosted 6/20/2013 5:04:46 PM
As a reasonable fan and pro, I think you should give the game a try.

It has its flaws, but it has its good points.XD
#9RagueltheUFOPosted 6/20/2013 5:04:46 PM
If you want to take a gamble and risk your console hard resetting then no don't get it.
#10OracleGunnerPosted 6/20/2013 5:16:27 PM
sbn4 posted...

How so? That quote was actually from a Splinter Cell game, and MGR seems to take itself not so seriously.

So are you guys saying I shouldn't even bother trying it? I don't think I'd lose sleep if I didn't play the game, but it's that bad huh? I can trade it in for MGR because its actually an even trade.

It involves some plot spoilers if you don't mind then: At the end Raiden comes into the realization that his war had just begun. Not for Justice as a concept, but for his own beliefs. Tried not to spoil every thing since MGR is pretty good and the Codec and cutscenes explain this better than I could. DmC is nothing special 5.0~6.0 out of 10 mediocre.
---