Should i bother with the game?

#21MixorzPosted 6/20/2013 8:25:28 PM
Rising_shadow posted...
Mixtroll once again proves he either only plays on easy or just never plays anything at all. Button mashing in MGR past Mistral is an exercise in stupidity. Monsoon will forcibly beat the concept of parrying into you because unless you're even halfway decent at it, you will die. Horribly, over and over again. Parrying is a mechanic that when used with even a minimum of efficiency is not only just good, it's extremely satisfying. It's also the only way to even beat very hard or revengeance at all.

Parrying is color coded.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Favorite lift: Deadlift
#22caffiend7Posted 6/20/2013 8:59:35 PM
Mixorz posted...
Rising_shadow posted...
Mixtroll once again proves he either only plays on easy or just never plays anything at all. Button mashing in MGR past Mistral is an exercise in stupidity. Monsoon will forcibly beat the concept of parrying into you because unless you're even halfway decent at it, you will die. Horribly, over and over again. Parrying is a mechanic that when used with even a minimum of efficiency is not only just good, it's extremely satisfying. It's also the only way to even beat very hard or revengeance at all.

Parrying is color coded.

Now you're just being NASTY!
#23sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 9:18:35 PM
Well, I've never played the game, but since you already bought it, you can play it and decide for yourself. Will you get a refund even if you open the game?

Great thing is I bought it used. Gamestop has that seven day policy. Yeah, I know most will just say try it out. But as I said, I just don't like to waste the time for a game that might not be worthwhile. Based on what has been said here, it doesn't sound good. Its rare that a board dedicated to the game itself has such a resounding amount of negative response (excluding DMC2 of course).

I only picked this up over MGR because I have a much more intimate history with DMC than MGS honestly.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#24KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 6/20/2013 9:24:16 PM
sbn4 posted...
Well, I've never played the game, but since you already bought it, you can play it and decide for yourself. Will you get a refund even if you open the game?

Great thing is I bought it used. Gamestop has that seven day policy. Yeah, I know most will just say try it out. But as I said, I just don't like to waste the time for a game that might not be worthwhile. Based on what has been said here, it doesn't sound good. Its rare that a board dedicated to the game itself has such a resounding amount of negative response (excluding DMC2 of course).

I only picked this up over MGR because I have a much more intimate history with DMC than MGS honestly.

If you liked the old DMC's, skip DmC. It's nothing like the old ones. The combat is a downgrade, Donte is a jerk unlike the original cool and goofy Dante, the plot is basically 7th grade fan fiction (DMC's plot was never really that great either.... but it was at least 9th grade fan fiction), and it's got a nice repertoire of glitches.

In all honesty, MGR is much better. You don't really need to be a MGS fan to like MGR, as they're two completely different genres. The stories intersect a bit, but most of it gets explained in the codec calls which are optional. If you don't care about the story much and just want the action, you can do that.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#25LordKaizerPosted 6/20/2013 9:47:08 PM
if you bothered to buy this game, why you need to ask? go play the game and see for yourself.
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.
#26LordKaizerPosted 6/20/2013 9:49:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#27sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 9:53:23 PM
If you liked the old DMC's, skip DmC. It's nothing like the old ones. The combat is a downgrade, Donte is a jerk unlike the original cool and goofy Dante, the plot is basically 7th grade fan fiction (DMC's plot was never really that great either.... but it was at least 9th grade fan fiction), and it's got a nice repertoire of glitches.

Actually I found Donte and Dante to be fairly similar in terms of story progression. Both start out aloof to their powers so to speak, and they act like cocky douchebags. They end up growing up towards the end of the game. Donte is just modern trailer trasher, while Dante was more likable because he was just goofy. But I do see your point.

And I already addressed the point as to why I am not really willing to give the game a shot. But since I might not go back to the store later in the day, I may as well give it a shot and will trade in for MGR later in the day.

I'm just a little stunned by all the hate really. I thought it was agreed that DmC was a decently made game but the new Donte and his "personality" is what brought the game down.
---
#28StrelokPosted 6/20/2013 10:39:31 PM
The gameplay is filled with glitches and bugs.
Slower combat.
Less FPS.
FPS dips.
Terrible control scheme that forces holding down buttons to use 4 out of 5 weaons and removes ranged capabilities...
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#29AkanesasusoraPosted 6/20/2013 11:34:48 PM
sbn4 posted...
I'm just a little stunned by all the hate really. I thought it was agreed that DmC was a decently made game but the new Donte and his "personality" is what brought the game down.

The closest thing to a consensus in regards to DmC is that it's a mediocre-to-average action game with no right to call itself a DMC game. And that's without touching on the plot s***.

I gotta wonder, why didn't you try out the demos for DmC and MGR? They've both been out for quite a while now, and both provide a good example of what the games will play like, so you wouldn't have to waste money just to see if either game is to your liking.
---
Official Two Become One of the Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Board
#30sbn4(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 12:48:34 AM
Well to be honest, I was in the game store at the time. I saw both had a pretty significant price drop but only wanted to get one. I was more familiar with DMC so I gave that a go instead. There is no real money being wasted as I can swap out DmC for MGR as an even trade.

But I probably should have done that since both games were on my to buy list eventually.
---