Can't decide if I like MGR more or DmC...

#1MixorzPosted 6/25/2013 4:07:06 PM
I hate to cop out and just say I like them both the same. I like the boss battles and enemies more in MGR, but I think DmC has more enjoyable combat all around. I like that there is an actual move set. MGR is sort of a button masher with a parry here and there. Blade mode is better than devil trigger IMO. But i like the platforming in DMC more than ninja dashing. DmC also has better level design IMO. MGR has a good bit of humor in it while DmC takes itself too seriously most of the time. The soundtrack is about the same for each. Raiden and Dante are both cookie cutter anti heroes who can be annoying at times. They both also have generic design. DmC has a darker and more serious story while MGR is more over the top (which I think was the goal of each). I can't say either story really captivates me enough to influence my opinion in favor of one game over the other.

In all these games are close in terms of quality. I don't see how one totally outshines the other. You'd have to be very biased to think one game is way better than the other.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Favorite lift: Deadlift
#2caffiend7Posted 6/25/2013 4:11:14 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3RetsuxDPosted 6/25/2013 4:11:39 PM
I can't decide whether I like robots more or a good toast sandwich.
#4ChickenfrogmanPosted 6/25/2013 4:16:40 PM
Soundtrack is about the same
MGR is a button masher

Mixor is deaf and played on easy automatic. Nobody take the bait.
---
Renekton would make a terrible lifeguard. He'd just laugh at you as you drown and die and then probably eat your corpse.
PSN: RevolverChicken7
#5NostalgiaRulesPosted 6/25/2013 4:17:22 PM
Mixorz posted...
I hate to cop out and just say I like them both the same. I like the boss battles and enemies more in MGR, but I think DmC has more enjoyable combat all around. I like that there is an actual move set. MGR is sort of a button masher with a parry here and there. Blade mode is better than devil trigger IMO. But i like the platforming in DMC more than ninja dashing. DmC also has better level design IMO. MGR has a good bit of humor in it while DmC takes itself too seriously most of the time. The soundtrack is about the same for each. Raiden and Dante are both cookie cutter anti heroes who can be annoying at times. They both also have generic design. DmC has a darker and more serious story while MGR is more over the top (which I think was the goal of each). I can't say either story really captivates me enough to influence my opinion in favor of one game over the other.

In all these games are close in terms of quality. I don't see how one totally outshines the other. You'd have to be very biased to think one game is way better than the other.

Dude, there's no law saying that you have to like one game more than the other. Lots of people like many games equally. I like DMC 3 and DMC 4 the same. Nothing wrong with liking two, three or even ten games equally.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#6Mixorz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 4:27:02 PM(edited)
Chickenfrogman posted...
MGR is a button masher

Baseless accusation and a misquote. The fact is that there is little technique involved other than knowing when to parry. Also, blade mode is essentially just mashing x and y (on 360). Just make sure you hit the red square to get the electrolytes, or cut their glowing limb.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Favorite lift: Deadlift
#7caffiend7Posted 6/25/2013 4:27:22 PM
Mixorz posted...
Chickenfrogman posted...
MGR is a button masher

Sorry but no. The fact is that there is little technique involved other than knowing when to parry. Also, blade mode is essentially just mashing x and y (on 360). Just make sure you hit the red square to get the electrolytes, or cut their glowing limb.

To lift the Mixorz's curse, simply recite a Bible verse.
#85hadowsPosted 6/25/2013 4:34:46 PM
What's this "parry" you scrubs talk about? I only know about forward defensive offensive cancel.
---
Ill add something here later....
#9Rising_shadowPosted 6/25/2013 5:30:50 PM
You'd have to be very biased to think one game is way better than the other.

Fetchez la vache!
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#10StrelokPosted 6/25/2013 8:56:40 PM
Blade Mode is X and Y mashing?

Stop playing on Easy and start actually using Blade Mode and actually learn to parry, like all of Monsoons attacks when he goes in his little smoke technique.
If you can parry that crap to achieve a no hit status on Revengeance, come back.

Do not talk down on a game when it's clear you only played easy -_-
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg