Why do most pros hate Nero?

#1DullahansXMarkPosted 6/28/2013 2:47:58 PM
Donte's pretty much just a flanderized reboot of Nero, really. Personalities are pretty close (only difference is that Donte is more exaggerated), they both use a four-hit combo instead of three, they have guns (well, a gun in Nero's case... this is closer to Uncle Dante than Nero, I'll admit, but there's still the similarity), and they both have a grapple mechanic. They both do the things they do more for a girl than for "humanity". They both look like tryhards when compared to Uncle Dante. They're both the most foul-mouthed characters in their respective series. And the biggest thing of all, most people would rather they were playing as Uncle Dante than Donte or Nero.

There are other things in common, but just thinking about it should find most of the similarities, and I mostly nailed the bigger ones on the head as it is.
#2Malus_X6Posted 6/28/2013 2:49:45 PM(edited)
It's because he's different and is "too japanesey" in the regard of his motivations.

Not to mention that they can't handle the fact he was voiced by a Power Ranger.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#3NostalgiaRulesPosted 6/28/2013 2:58:16 PM
This whole "Japanese-y" thing...again, the only thing that has to do with Japan in any original DMC is Yamato and the end credits where you see that some of the people that helped to make original DMC happen are Japanese. That's the only Japanese thing you'll see in original DMC.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#4smithkakarotPosted 6/28/2013 3:18:05 PM
DullahansXMark posted...
Why do most pros hate Nero?

Pros hate fun in general, look at some of the things they say about DMC Dante.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#5ufaraPosted 6/28/2013 3:25:54 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
This whole "Japanese-y" thing...again, the only thing that has to do with Japan in any original DMC is Yamato and the end credits where you see that some of the people that helped to make original DMC happen are Japanese. That's the only Japanese thing you'll see in original DMC.

Tell that to Tameen. He coined it first. (I think.)
---
"SHABOOOWIE!!" - Genie -ducktales the movie
#6syctheweilderPosted 6/28/2013 3:29:49 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
It's because he's different and is "too japanesey" in the regard of his motivations.

By that logic, they should hate both of the Virgils too.
#7caffiend7Posted 6/28/2013 3:52:08 PM
syctheweilder posted...
Malus_X6 posted...

Johnny and Daniel are waaaaay superior to whatever his name is cuz he's not a badass. I mean just watch Time Force it's like Daniel was born be Vergil.
#8syctheweilderPosted 6/28/2013 4:00:00 PM
caffiend7 posted...
syctheweilder posted...
Malus_X6 posted...

Johnny and Daniel are waaaaay superior to whatever his name is cuz he's not a badass. I mean just watch Time Force it's like Daniel was born be Vergil.

Boy don't you tell me to watch time force when i lived and BREATHED the stuff when i was 12.

It's not Dave's fault he got inducted to the ranger roster during the godawful disney run.
#9caffiend7Posted 6/28/2013 4:13:23 PM
syctheweilder posted...
caffiend7 posted...
syctheweilder posted...
Malus_X6 posted...

Boy don't you tell me to watch time force when i lived and BREATHED the stuff when i was 12.

It's not Dave's fault he got inducted to the ranger roster during the godawful disney run.

I know what you mean, I've been going through it again since it's all on netflix. Not even going to watch the ones when disney had it. I did watch Dino Thunder only for Tommy but I stopped after that, been meaning to watch Samurai though. Dave still isn't that great
#10Ink-RibbonPosted 6/28/2013 6:54:56 PM
Nero is the "Robin" of the DMC series. He wasn't needed, he can't carry a franchise alone and he didn't have any character development.

Hopefully Devils Never Cry ( made by PG) and Vergil's Awakening ( made by NT) will make me forgetting the mess called DMC 4...