Now I'm wondering what Naughty Dog's take on this series would be like.

#91produnerPosted 7/3/2013 5:47:20 AM
BehemothBlade posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Werndan101 posted...
DmC being a horrible game doesn't make mediocre "cinematic" tripe like The Last of Us better.

spite won't get you far.

The 101 guy does have a point, TLOU is more story and less play, and games are about play. Story heavy games are Metal Gear,Mass Effect,Deus Ex,Halo&Crysis(to some extent), which provide quality gameplay AND original story. You need BOTH for a game to succeed, why do you think Bayonetta sold like that? story was dumb.

Bayo was way over the top and niche. The story was somewhat dumb but the world and settings are interesting. If bayo provided some generic cinematic stuff ,mainstream drama/presentation and a higher marketing budget, it would have sold more.
---
"You need to stop making fun of Brazilians. Your account is going to lose posting privileges at this rate. Just knock it off."
PSN: produner
#92Werndan101Posted 7/3/2013 5:51:09 AM
produner posted...
BehemothBlade posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Werndan101 posted...
DmC being a horrible game doesn't make mediocre "cinematic" tripe like The Last of Us better.

spite won't get you far.

The 101 guy does have a point, TLOU is more story and less play, and games are about play. Story heavy games are Metal Gear,Mass Effect,Deus Ex,Halo&Crysis(to some extent), which provide quality gameplay AND original story. You need BOTH for a game to succeed, why do you think Bayonetta sold like that? story was dumb.

Bayo was way over the top and niche. The story was somewhat dumb but the world and settings are interesting. If bayo provided some generic cinematic stuff ,mainstream drama/presentation and a higher marketing budget, it would have sold more.

That's the long and short of it. "Game reviewers" despise actually playing video games.
---
Need help figuring out components for your gaming PC? Check this.
http://tinyurl.com/falconguide
#93produnerPosted 7/3/2013 5:59:43 AM
Werndan101 posted...
produner posted...
BehemothBlade posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Werndan101 posted...

spite won't get you far.

That's the long and short of it. "Game reviewers" despise actually playing video games.

They don't have to; it is not their job. Reviewers advertise games and paying them for heavily advertising your game guarantees a high score on the metacritic ( fraud critic/ ads budget).
---
"You need to stop making fun of Brazilians. Your account is going to lose posting privileges at this rate. Just knock it off."
#94Werndan101Posted 7/3/2013 6:04:58 AM
produner posted...

They don't have to; it is not their job. Reviewers advertise games and paying them for heavily advertising your game guarantees a high score on the metacritic ( fraud critic/ ads budget).

Oh, I'm well-aware of that. I was simply speaking about the reviewers as individuals.
---
#95produnerPosted 7/3/2013 6:39:30 AM
Werndan101 posted...
produner posted...

Oh, I'm well-aware of that. I was simply speaking about the reviewers as drones/tools

Fixed.
---
#96Werndan101Posted 7/3/2013 10:01:14 AM
produner posted...
Werndan101 posted...
produner posted...

Oh, I'm well-aware of that. I was simply speaking about the reviewers as drones/tools

Fixed.

It's a sad day for video games.
---
#97KyryloPosted 7/3/2013 10:12:59 AM
BehemothBlade posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Werndan101 posted...

spite won't get you far.

WAIT CRYSIS has story?! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA that's the most absurd thing I read on this side after war with shatter was over. Crysis is one of the most STUPID videogames and basically CoD in disguise. Aside from overblown engine and apparently enjoyable for kids' shooting it has 0 creativity, 0 originality and 0 writing.
As for games that needs both there are TONS of overhyped games that lacking both in equal measure. Assasin's Creed and Skyrim just to name few.
101 guy is apparently never played game and posts out of spite. Seriously I already said. Argumentation is pretty absurd, since looking at general appeal, sorry, looks like TLOU done everything right.
#98darkslayer001Posted 7/3/2013 10:14:06 AM
Kyrylo posted...

I don't see how "no dying" is even possible. Alone in Winter chapter I died like 6 times during shoot out with infected, because they are coming from all ways. Even with same patterns, enemies enhanced hearing is pain in TLOU
DS1 isn't especially hard, aside from turret section. As for HnS being generally difficult, lol, where does this idea comes from. There are 2-3 games that are REALLY hard in HnS. For example DMC1 or NG2. But neither Bayo or DMC3 are THAT hard. yes both very challenging games that can give alot of trouble. But so do TLOU or Dead Space 2

make use of that molotov, they give lots of them away in that particular level. The bow and arrow makes you feel like legolas and are basically one shot kills for everything. The rifle is also really strong in normal. 2 molotov would easily take out the bloater and i always stayed the hell away from clickers to take em out since they take more than 2 shots and are insta death up close without shivs.
That level is probably the only daunting part but the rest of the game is pretty easy on normal. The idea of HnS being difficult is coming form casuals who find it hard to adapt and usually die multiple times. Have seen many people struggle with HnS other than DMC or NG...
so i guess its just my opinion... maybe there are easier HnS games out there and i maybe only focusing on DMC/NG/Bayo...
#99darkslayer001Posted 7/3/2013 10:17:40 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Rising_shadow posted...
TLOU really doesn't seem very difficult. I'd say even Uncharted is harder just because the AI is better and all enemies have guns as opposed to only a few types. Not to mention the fact that TLOU has medkits and a health bar.

1. if you think there are no enemies with guns in TLoU you are mistaken.
2. To use Medkit it takes 3-5 seconds, so they are useless in the middle of the fight.
3. TLoU lacks health restoring checkpoints and diverse amount of weapons. Sometimes you have to strand for hours with only 2 bullets in pistol. And even than half of the weapons are useless agains infected dew to their armor.

maybe i played the game in too much stealth mode, cuz i ended up with like double digit bullets for my handguns. all weapons are powerful in this game if used correctly. a good headshot and a shotgun blast to an incoming enemy can rip them apart. never really found the use of med kits, stranded health cans usually does the job for me.
The smoke bomb is incredibly useful against enemies with guns.
#100KyryloPosted 7/3/2013 10:19:03 AM
darkslayer001 posted...
Kyrylo posted...

I don't see how "no dying" is even possible. Alone in Winter chapter I died like 6 times during shoot out with infected, because they are coming from all ways. Even with same patterns, enemies enhanced hearing is pain in TLOU
DS1 isn't especially hard, aside from turret section. As for HnS being generally difficult, lol, where does this idea comes from. There are 2-3 games that are REALLY hard in HnS. For example DMC1 or NG2. But neither Bayo or DMC3 are THAT hard. yes both very challenging games that can give alot of trouble. But so do TLOU or Dead Space 2

make use of that molotov, they give lots of them away in that particular level. The bow and arrow makes you feel like legolas and are basically one shot kills for everything. The rifle is also really strong in normal. 2 molotov would easily take out the bloater and i always stayed the hell away from clickers to take em out since they take more than 2 shots and are insta death up close without shivs.
That level is probably the only daunting part but the rest of the game is pretty easy on normal. The idea of HnS being difficult is coming form casuals who find it hard to adapt and usually die multiple times. Have seen many people struggle with HnS other than DMC or NG...
so i guess its just my opinion... maybe there are easier HnS games out there and i maybe only focusing on DMC/NG/Bayo...

That's not only hard part of TLOU. I think fight with David is hard. I also think that first real infected areas (subway) is hard as hell. I also got caught of guard few times when walking in normal areas and was attacked by hidden clicker.
I dunno. Bayo is actually not that hard. Neither is DMC 2,3,4. NG of course both hard, even though NG1 is more cheap than hard. Well but if you think about Dante's Inferno, God of War or Onimusha neither is actually hard.