How many plotholes does this game have?

#1jjp7123Posted 7/6/2013 9:18:12 AM
What bothers me is that this game's writing is full of things that just doesn't make any sense.
If Mundus killed Donte's mother in front of Donte, why hasn't he killed Donte?
Where do the weapons come from? I know they come from Dante awakening his powers, due to him getting stronger, but he's been fighting demons for years, so why is it after so many years, they suddenly decide to pop up?
Why does Vergil have white hair if Sparda has black hair and Eva has orange hair? Who did he inherit the hair color from? In mission 2, it shows that he had white hair since he was a kid, so he couldn't have gotten the white hair from Devil Trigger, like Donte and I doubt he awakened to Devil Trigger when he was a kid.
Mid-game, Phineas tells Donte that Lilith is pregnant with Mundus's child, but how did Phineas know that Mundus impregnated Lilith, when he was in prison the whole time they were having sex?
If Vergil has the power of teleportation, then why didn't he teleport Donte to the Succumbus and to Mundus's Tower? Why did they have to drive there?
If Donte's Devil Trigger has the power to levitate enemies, then why wasn't Kat levitated by the Devil Trigger during the final boss battle?

I have a feeling this game has a lot more plotholes. Tell me all the plotholes you know.
#2caffiend7Posted 7/6/2013 9:25:22 AM
This game has more holes than Swiss cheese.
#3SlaveBladePosted 7/6/2013 9:36:59 AM
jjp7123 posted...
What bothers me is that this game's writing is full of things that just doesn't make any sense.
Where do the weapons come from? I know they come from Dante awakening his powers, due to him getting stronger, but he's been fighting demons for years, so why is it after so many years, they suddenly decide to pop up?
Why does Vergil have white hair if Sparda has black hair and Eva has orange hair? Who did he inherit the hair color from? In mission 2, it shows that he had white hair since he was a kid, so he couldn't have gotten the white hair from Devil Trigger, like Donte and I doubt he awakened to Devil Trigger when he was a kid.
Mid-game, Phineas tells Donte that Lilith is pregnant with Mundus's child, but how did Phineas know that Mundus impregnated Lilith, when he was in prison the whole time they were having sex?
If Vergil has the power of teleportation, then why didn't he teleport Donte to the Succumbus and to Mundus's Tower? Why did they have to drive there?
If Donte's Devil Trigger has the power to levitate enemies, then why wasn't Kat levitated by the Devil Trigger during the final boss battle?

I have a feeling this game has a lot more plotholes. Tell me all the plotholes you know.

1: He may have not seen the kid immediately. It's stated many times that Mundua is extremely prideful and arrogant, maybe in his 'moment of triumph' he let things go.
2: He defeated actually strong demons that had strong souls enough to conjure up weapons upon defeat? I mean, same thing happened in DMC3, Gigapede didn't spawn a weapon, but Nevan did? Whatevs, still a fun game.
3: White hair is totally possible despite who has what hair color.
4: Tons of things get leaked, it's not ahuge stretch that maybe Mundus or Lilith went bragging about it, Mundus because a child, Lilith because, as she said, it's her only realy claim to fame.
5: He didn't want to reveal himself.
6: It doesn't always lift, look at every single boss in the game.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#4OracleGunnerPosted 7/6/2013 9:59:03 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
jjp7123 posted...

1: He may have not seen the kid immediately. It's stated many times that Mundua is extremely prideful and arrogant, maybe in his 'moment of triumph' he let things go.
2: He defeated actually strong demons that had strong souls enough to conjure up weapons upon defeat? I mean, same thing happened in DMC3, Gigapede didn't spawn a weapon, but Nevan did? Whatevs, still a fun game.
3: White hair is totally possible despite who has what hair color.
4: Tons of things get leaked, it's not ahuge stretch that maybe Mundus or Lilith went bragging about it, Mundus because a child, Lilith because, as she said, it's her only realy claim to fame.
5: He didn't want to reveal himself.
6: It doesn't always lift, look at every single boss in the game.

1. Yet the house had photos and pictures of the full family. Also its stated in game that it took a while for Donte to escape the demon orphanage so no excuse there.
2. Not precisely as the cutscenes show it has less with the soul of X demon and more with his own power as a nephilim. Yet its not even a new weapon its just a shift of the rebellion handle.
3. Not when its used as a plot device.
4. Oh yes a harpy who was with lilith told phineas that she was pregnant. Yup not a complete plothole here.
5. Dint really matter at that point besides since you know they are twins its not as if Vergil could have use some sort of magical hair color changing product and something that cuts to look like Donte and freak Mundiss out more. But hey this totally isnt a plot hole right?
6. So Kat is a boss level demon. Seems legit. Stop excusing poor writing.

TC add to your list that Donte goes to Lilith's club yet never got captured in the club while drunk and helpless. Why doesn't Vorgil just teleport into Mundiss's building? Whatever happened to the angels? Why a sniper bullet kills lilith yet a medieval bashing doesn't even faze her? Why doesn't Mundis just shift Lilith into Limbo or why doesn't she just do that herself to escape? Why doesn't anyone recognize Donte if he is all over the news? How does Donte manage to remain hidden when he lives on a trailer in an amusement park, you would think that there had been a paper trail?
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
#5Pimps1678Posted 7/6/2013 10:06:18 AM
WHy did he not teleport himself after while laying down like this, at that time he already revealed himself as a Nephilim to Mundus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPlKnx66kz0
#6SlaveBladePosted 7/6/2013 10:07:43 AM
OK, fine, I won't post. If I'm just getting "No you're wrong" as an answer, not gonna bother since this isn't a discussion, it's a stroking contest...
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#7OracleGunnerPosted 7/6/2013 10:12:24 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
OK, fine, I won't post. If I'm just getting "No you're wrong" as an answer, not gonna bother since this isn't a discussion, it's a stroking contest...

Lol. Where did I state as an answer "no you are wrong"?
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
#85hadowsPosted 7/6/2013 10:17:28 AM
OracleGunner posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

He's mad he got rekt.
---
Ill add something here later....
#9SlaveBladePosted 7/6/2013 11:06:02 AM
5hadows posted...
OracleGunner posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

He's mad he got rekt.

Got wrecked? People ignoring logic in favor of blindly hating the game is me getting 'rekt', yes. Don't you ****ing dare ask what are plot holes, I explain how they may not be, then say "LOL NOPE"

You're not in it to find out, you're looking for people to support your claim, not discuss.
---
#10OracleGunnerPosted 7/6/2013 11:37:12 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
5hadows posted...
OracleGunner posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

He's mad he got rekt.

Got wrecked? People ignoring logic in favor of blindly hating the game is me getting 'rekt', yes. Don't you ****ing dare ask what are plot holes, I explain how they may not be, then say "LOL NOPE"

You're not in it to find out, you're looking for people to support your claim, not discuss.

See admitting your problems is quite easy Slave. Now you provided a theory as too why they are not and I disproved it. Now you can go and try again. If your posts followed some logic I think it would have been noticeable. Still I never said "Lol Nope" nor did 5hadows, are you sure you aren't trying to project a problem?
---