How many plotholes does this game have?

#161StrelokPosted 7/8/2013 8:31:32 PM
Pity there is absolutely no story, not any character growth.
At all.

Seriously dude, you want some character growth, watch Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Very short run, and good GODS did it do character development right.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#162NostalgiaRulesPosted 7/8/2013 11:24:46 PM
I don't know. This new DmC Dante seemed a bit selfish and kind of thought the worst of his older brother for some weird reason. While original DMC 3 Dante went through character growth, he had already opened up his nameless shop and was fighting to protect humans.

In DMC 4, Dante closed the demon gates and cut of the flow of demons pouring out. In DmC..........maybe it would have helped if at the end of DmC, DmC Vergil and Dante opened a shop named Devil May Cry that was dedicated to fighting demons and teaching the humans how to protect themselves from demons. Even though some people saw original DMC 4 Dante as a drunk, goofy troll, he was actually quite smart. He just didn't flaunt it. He knew how to have a good time and still get the job done.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#163OracleGunnerPosted 7/9/2013 3:41:18 AM
Shatter do I need to explain everything or do you not understand English? If this game was about Donte's growth then it was too long. His character growth lasted about one chapter. Maybe 4 and this is being generous. Now shatter where is my codex, Rex and letter admitting that this game is of low quality?
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
#164darkslayer001Posted 7/9/2013 8:43:48 AM
NostalgiaRules posted...
I don't know. This new DmC Dante seemed a bit selfish and kind of thought the worst of his older brother for some weird reason. While original DMC 3 Dante went through character growth, he had already opened up his nameless shop and was fighting to protect humans.

In DMC 4, Dante closed the demon gates and cut of the flow of demons pouring out. In DmC..........maybe it would have helped if at the end of DmC, DmC Vergil and Dante opened a shop named Devil May Cry that was dedicated to fighting demons and teaching the humans how to protect themselves from demons. Even though some people saw original DMC 4 Dante as a drunk, goofy troll, he was actually quite smart. He just didn't flaunt it. He knew how to have a good time and still get the job done.

I guess that is what Virgil wanted when he said he wants to protect the humans.
also I don't think DMC4 Dante is a drunk troll at all. point me to a single cutscene that shows him being drunk. sure he is goofy and clowns every demons he meet, but if some people think DMC4 Dante is a drunk troll, then i guess DMC3 Dante is on drugs.
#165Malus_X6Posted 7/9/2013 9:18:57 AM(edited)
Just because you see a guy with ONE drink, it doesn't mean he's an alkie. It means he's a guy having a drink.

Now if you saw the same guy with a drink in his hand in every single one of his scenes, then you could conclude that he may have a problem.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#166shatterstarPosted 7/9/2013 9:37:06 AM
OracleGunner posted...
Shatter do I need to explain everything or do you not understand English? If this game was about Donte's growth then it was too long. His character growth lasted about one chapter. Maybe 4 and this is being generous. Now shatter where is my codex, Rex and letter admitting that this game is of low quality?

I understand English very well mate.

First it was one chapter and now it's maybe 4. This is just your take on it and to me, you seem to be unsure since now it's maybe 4 chapters, just to be generous, like your generosity is needed...lol.

The game was all about Dante's growth and development from start to finish mate.

A: Dante learning about his past

B: Dante learning about Nephilims and what it's like to be one.

C: Dante discovering his abilities. ( which was going on throughout the entire game)

D: Dante establishing a connect with humanity and discovering that this is bigger than just him. (Which was also going on throughout the game)

E: Him finding a purpose in life and becoming their protector. (throughout the game)

F: The difference between perspectives with the brothers. (again happening throughout the game)

All of this is called character growth mate.
#167Pesmerga255Posted 7/9/2013 9:45:45 AM
No, it's trite and uninspired.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#168OracleGunnerPosted 7/9/2013 11:26:29 AM
shatterstar posted...
OracleGunner posted...

I understand English very well mate.

First it was one chapter and now it's maybe 4. This is just your take on it and to me, you seem to be unsure since now it's maybe 4 chapters, just to be generous, like your generosity is needed...lol.

The game was all about Dante's growth and development from start to finish mate.

A: Dante learning about his past

B: Dante learning about Nephilims and what it's like to be one.

C: Dante discovering his abilities. ( which was going on throughout the entire game)

D: Dante establishing a connect with humanity and discovering that this is bigger than just him. (Which was also going on throughout the game)

E: Him finding a purpose in life and becoming their protector. (throughout the game)

F: The difference between perspectives with the brothers. (again happening throughout the game)

All of this is called character growth mate.

If you understand English very well then why do you fail to understand at the most basic level what I'm saying? Must I simplify my thought process for you? Very well then if my generosity is unnecessary then you shall enjoy its disappearance. I gave myself a nice error range but thanks to you I no longer need it.
a. Happens in one chapter.
b. Never happens all its said is that Nefloom are the sons of demons and angels and that supposedly they are to kill the demon lord. They were also hunted down because plot demanded it to be but he never learns nor takes interest in it.
c. What abilities? Weapon summoning that was he knew already how to do that, if you are referring to angelic and demonic weaponry then most of it was already hidden away inside him not discovered nor hidden from him just sealed.
d. What connection? Kat is the only one who he cares about, not humanity nor the people taht died because he fused Limbo with the real world.
e. Oh yes what a great protector, only someone who truly wants to save humanity can doom it to suffering from constant demon attacks. And purpose lol shatter his resolve is broken by the end of the game.
f. Yes since Donte obviously represented the best solution and the most logical one. And the perspective only happened post kat Bob MCP Barbas. And even then it's worse than a bad fanfiction.
All of that isn't character growth its a parody of character growth. Want character growth go play Lost Odyssey, DMC3, Fallout, Dragon Age Origins, Almost any FF, All SMT. Those do a better job in character growth than this mediocre game.

Now shatter where is my codex and rex for MGR and the letter admitting that this game is of low quality?
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
#169QCTeamkillPosted 7/9/2013 12:20:33 PM
OracleGunner posted...

If you understand English very well then why do you fail to understand at the most basic level what I'm saying? Must I simplify my thought process for you? Very well then if my generosity is unnecessary then you shall enjoy its disappearance. I gave myself a nice error range but thanks to you I no longer need it.
b. Never happens all its said is that Nefloom are the sons of demons and angels and that supposedly they are to kill the demon lord. They were also hunted down because plot demanded it to be but he never learns nor takes interest in it.
c. What abilities? Weapon summoning that was he knew already how to do that, if you are referring to angelic and demonic weaponry then most of it was already hidden away inside him not discovered nor hidden from him just sealed.
d. What connection? Kat is the only one who he cares about, not humanity nor the people taht died because he fused Limbo with the real world.
e. Oh yes what a great protector, only someone who truly wants to save humanity can doom it to suffering from constant demon attacks. And purpose lol shatter his resolve is broken by the end of the game.
f. Yes since Donte obviously represented the best solution and the most logical one. And the perspective only happened post kat Bob MCP Barbas. And even then it's worse than a bad fanfiction.
All of that isn't character growth its a parody of character growth. Want character growth go play Lost Odyssey, DMC3, Fallout, Dragon Age Origins, Almost any FF, All SMT. Those do a better job in character growth than this mediocre game.

Now shatter where is my codex and rex for MGR and the letter admitting that this game is of low quality?

Throwing tantrums don't win arguments OG, Shatter is in the right on every of those points.

a. Dante learns about his past in the manor, also some more again when he finally gets the hidden memory message from his mother.

b. Well that's your take on it, we learn about nephilims both when Vergil explains it to Dante, then again when he meets Phineas and the other nephilim statue.

c. Angel glide and DT are the first that comes to mind, for example.

d. Kat is human, so it's a connection with humanity right there.

e. Well sometimes in order to operate you have to cut someone open, that's the same thing. Humans were not prepared to see the demons, but they'll get it together after some time.

f. DMC3 what? Lady is on a mission to kill her father, but she won't, but she somehow changes her idea again, but she can't again... Dat growth.
#170OracleGunnerPosted 7/9/2013 12:31:14 PM
QCTeamkill posted...
OracleGunner posted...

Throwing tantrums don't win arguments OG, Shatter is in the right on every of those points.

a. Dante learns about his past in the manor, also some more again when he finally gets the hidden memory message from his mother.

b. Well that's your take on it, we learn about nephilims both when Vergil explains it to Dante, then again when he meets Phineas and the other nephilim statue.

c. Angel glide and DT are the first that comes to mind, for example.

d. Kat is human, so it's a connection with humanity right there.

e. Well sometimes in order to operate you have to cut someone open, that's the same thing. Humans were not prepared to see the demons, but they'll get it together after some time.

f. DMC3 what? Lady is on a mission to kill her father, but she won't, but she somehow changes her idea again, but she can't again... Dat growth.

a. The main part is done in one chapter qc, and that main one just happened to hold most of the story based one.
b. So you are repeating what I say but adding the dates... Good to know you agree with me.
c. So the axe and scythe weren't first, nor rebellion... tsk, tsk and here I thought you played the game.
d. And she is truly a good representative of all humanity, I can't believe I voted for her to represent all of us.
e. Yeah and they will have so much time now that they are running for their lives and watching their loved ones die in front of them.
f. Still a better growth than F*** You to, F*** You now I haz memory #edgy.

QC you are still defending bad things I see. You disappoint kid, go throw tantrums that is the one thing you are good at anyway.
---