Not gonna lie the Deadpool game makes DmC actually look good in comparison.

#1Xtreme65Posted 7/7/2013 12:37:44 PM
First off this isn't about Deadpool's humor as that was done rather well. Or DmC's constant jab's at the original fanbase of DMC. Those speak for themselves.

I'm just talking gameplay. Deadpool's was a helluvalot more shallow than this. Though it did kinda have a difficulty spike at the end but that doesn't make up for the rest of the game.

To me THATS and average HnS. While DmC is above average. Not great but still better than most in the genre. The old DMC's still blow it out of the water though, and I've grown to love MGR a good deal.
---
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
#2produnerPosted 7/7/2013 1:45:35 PM
Ummm no, DmC is built more toward brain-dead platforming, simple AI, unbalanced gameplay and clunky controls.

Deadpool is more of a bad HnS, way below average. The only redeeming quality of DmC is some of the combos and DMC's core mechanics such as launch/juggles, strings and special moves.
#3RetsuxDPosted 7/7/2013 1:55:59 PM
All I heard about dedpull is that it's published by Activision and it's based on Waypool.
#4Ink-RibbonPosted 7/7/2013 4:20:21 PM
DmC is a reasonable and good game, regardless...

Anyway, I'll play Deadpoll even though I'm sure it'll be crap. However, I enjoy a guilty pleasure. XD
#5Psychochild27Posted 7/7/2013 4:27:20 PM
produner posted...
Ummm no, DmC is built more toward brain-dead platforming, simple AI, unbalanced gameplay and clunky controls.

Deadpool is more of a bad HnS, way below average. The only redeeming quality of DmC is some of the combos and DMC's core mechanics such as launch/juggles, strings and special moves.

Pretty much. Deadpool looks and handles like an average/below average PS2 era licensed action game, let alone something that's supposed to compete in the current console generation. To even attempt to suggest that it's an average experience which somehow elevates DmC into being more than a pile of "Meh" speaks more to your ignorance of the genre than that of DmC's alleged quality.
#6produnerPosted 7/7/2013 4:30:00 PM
Psychochild27 posted...
produner posted...

Pretty much. Deadpool looks and handles like an average/below average PS2 era licensed action game, let alone something that's supposed to compete in the current console generation. To even attempt to suggest that it's an average experience which somehow elevates DmC into being more than a pile of "Meh" speaks more to your ignorance of the genre than that of DmC's alleged quality.

It explains why shatter liked the e3 demo of Deadpool.
#7Psychochild27Posted 7/7/2013 5:20:56 PM
produner posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
produner posted...

Or how anyone can look at Bob Barbas and say that he is an original, quality boss.
#8Ink-RibbonPosted 7/7/2013 5:22:25 PM
Psychochild27 posted...
produner posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
produner posted...

Or how anyone can look at Bob Barbas and say that he is an original, quality boss.

Wait, isn't Bob Barbas a original boss? I mean, it had a different concept. Maybe the execution wasn't that great, but the idea ( fighting against press) was interesting at least. XD
#9Psychochild27Posted 7/7/2013 5:36:17 PM(edited)
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
produner posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
produner posted...

Wait, isn't Bob Barbas a original boss? I mean, it had a different concept. Maybe the execution wasn't that great, but the idea ( fighting against press) was interesting at least. XD

Copy and paste from a previous thread you posted in:

There is nothing original about him. He's the DMC1 Nightmare fight if you dumbed it down to the most basic level so that any idiot can conquer him effortlessly in a single go and feel good about themselves.

Both fights you can get sucked into an alternate reality where you can fight somewhere or something from your past (In DMC1, it's old bosses in a nightmarish realm, in DmC, it's chumps with stock news crap banners all over the screen and commentaries). Both fights entail interacting with background elements to expose the weakspot though one of them, (GUESS WHICH) requires more effort to activate said elements.

However, unlike Barbas, Nightmare doesn't just lay over and take it when you expose his "Core." In fact, Nightmare is at his worst when he's vulnerable gaining a significant number of new attacks that are even more difficult to avoid while you're trying to maneuver to the Core on his body that is only temporarily exposed during this phase. Not only that, but there's actual hidden depth that influences subsequent boss fights depending on the state of Nightmare's core when he goes down while Bob just sits there and... I don't know, farts a red blast after being wailed on for fifteen seconds with zero resistance?

Basically, Bob Barbas is a crap crap crap crap Nightmare that is a complete bore from a mechanical perspective whose only remarkable factor is that he makes silly faces when you hit him. The boss is derivative, second rate rubbish that brings nothing new to the table and is only made remotely interesting more by the contextual gimmick surrounding the fight, not the fight itself.

TL;DR - He's emblematic of everything wrong with DmC.
#10Ink-RibbonPosted 7/7/2013 5:35:55 PM
Yeah, I'm aware of that post...Nothing new, just the usual angry rant.

Barbas is the best boss in DmC, nobody is saying he was better than DMC bosses or original DMC bosses. Why some people keep bringing DMC to the discussion? I'm talking about DmC. XD