It's funny that this game was made because the Original series was too anime

#11KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 7/8/2013 10:05:31 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
UbberDevil posted...
I stuck with Bleach far too long after I should have. I just kept hoping that it would get good again and it was the only show on saturday that I had to look forward to :/

I quit watching Adult Swim on Saturdays pretty much when they got rid of Samurai Champloo and Trigun and Cowboy Bebop.

Always though it was stupid they got rid of those but kept crap like Inuyasha and Bleach forever.

To be fair, they'd been running Bebop for like.... I don't even know how long. Probably since it was called the Midnight Run (anyone else remember that?), although they would take a break from it every once in a while.

Any time someone tells me anime is all cheesy over the top action like DBZ or something, I point them towards Bebop. Bebop is (imo) the pinnacle of anime, so I like to go all out when proving those people wrong.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#12caffiend7Posted 7/8/2013 10:18:53 AM
dood DmC is waaay moar anime-y than DMC.
#13SiLVeR_420Posted 7/8/2013 12:52:09 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
UbberDevil posted...
I stuck with Bleach far too long after I should have. I just kept hoping that it would get good again and it was the only show on saturday that I had to look forward to :/

I quit watching Adult Swim on Saturdays pretty much when they got rid of Samurai Champloo and Trigun and Cowboy Bebop.

Always though it was stupid they got rid of those but kept crap like Inuyasha and Bleach forever.

To be fair, they'd been running Bebop for like.... I don't even know how long. Probably since it was called the Midnight Run (anyone else remember that?), although they would take a break from it every once in a while.

Any time someone tells me anime is all cheesy over the top action like DBZ or something, I point them towards Bebop. Bebop is (imo) the pinnacle of anime, so I like to go all out when proving those people wrong.

Id point them to something which only has action for comedy sake. School Rumble comes to mind.
---
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
Hey Sony. Remember that time I owned a PS2?...friends?
#14NostalgiaRulesPosted 7/8/2013 1:03:25 PM
Here's a little tidbit for everyone...my guess is, anime is based off of Americans. Yes, you heard right...er, saw right. :P Think about it. Who naturally has big, round eyes? Who has different colored eyes? Who has different colored hair? Americans. When Japan was still a hermit country and saw Americans (or it may have been Europeans) for the very first time, that's probably how they saw us, since the Japanese have naturally brown or black hair and thinner eyes.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#15demonfang178Posted 7/8/2013 2:00:15 PM
360pages posted...
But an actual Anime game sold 1.7 million in less time which is 500K more than this game sold.

The Game in question was Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, it's pretty funny when you think about it.

Naruto's fan base is huge, the game had hype and advertising, and it has online. I am not surprised at all it's beating DmC. I'd pick the game up myself if I didn't know it was unbalanced.
#16Ether101Posted 7/8/2013 2:24:57 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
Here's a little tidbit for everyone...my guess is, anime is based off of Americans. Yes, you heard right...er, saw right. :P Think about it. Who naturally has big, round eyes? Who has different colored eyes? Who has different colored hair? Americans. When Japan was still a hermit country and saw Americans (or it may have been Europeans) for the very first time, that's probably how they saw us, since the Japanese have naturally brown or black hair and thinner eyes.

The stereotypical depiction of white Americans in Japan is that we have pasty skin, blue eyes and blonde hair.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#17ScreamingMidgetPosted 7/9/2013 2:07:13 AM
"This is too anime" must be one of the dumbest phrases I have ever heard.
#18embrandedonePosted 7/9/2013 2:45:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgZqFK9CNPw

Still makes me giggle~
---
"Xbox One - The Ultimate Anti-Consumer Machine"
#19SiLVeR_420Posted 7/9/2013 5:32:43 AM
Ether101 posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...

The stereotypical depiction of white Americans in Japan is that we have pasty skin, blue eyes and blonde hair.

So...were the Aryan race?
---
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
Hey Sony. Remember that time I owned a PS2?...friends?
#20Ether101Posted 7/9/2013 7:28:39 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Ether101 posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...

So...were the Aryan race?

Didn't you find it strange that all most every the none discrepant white Americans form the Street Fighter canon all shared the same palette?

http://streetfightermiscellany.com/sfm/sfmimages/safu.png

And it looks like there's a steady whiting of the cast over time.
http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/17/inconspicuous-differences-between-all-versions-of-street-fighter-ii-gallery/#vb-gallery:1:574425
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.