DmC has better platforming and level design than DMC3

#1BehemothBladePosted 7/8/2013 7:38:11 AM
Yeah, sometimes when I go back and play DMC3, the dull rooms, same old grey colours, bland surroundings really annoy me. Temen Ni Gru was poorly designed, limbo looks better.
The most annoying thing was that you had to the same thing in a mission- get to a closed door, and go around it, find some object, and backtrack, then open the door. This backtracking is present in most missions, and people blame DMC4 for that stuff where both games have the same amount of backtracking if you consider relative DISTANCE TRAVELED BY FOOT.

Bit limbo has none of that and things seem to be better designed, and the platforming seems to be better. Oh and don't bring up wall running, because it is a style action rather than a maneuvering move. A maneuvering move should be doable regardless of style selected.

Is this what Ninja Theory was aiming for? better platforming in a Hack and Slash game?
#2produnerPosted 7/8/2013 7:49:26 AM
Platforming in DmC is brain-dead and unnecessary.

DMC3 had some nice temples, rooms and gothic architectures. Also the top of temen-ni-gru and demon world are great. Well, the game is an old PS2 game with static background and emphasis on better performance.

DmC screwed the framerate for pretty graphics.
#3RetsuxDPosted 7/8/2013 8:06:16 AM
Better level design? Pffft.

When will you people stop confusing aesthetics with design?

DmC's levels are just god damn corridors and completely linear.
As for aesthetics, I'd rather have grey for 15 missions again than to see overfiltered black with red&blue.

As for platforming, they focused too much on it, because I SURELY DO PLAY DMC FOR THE PLATFORMING, NOT FOR THE COMBAT, NOT FOR THE BOSS FIGHTS, OR, YOU KNOW, NEARLY EVERYTHING ELSE!
#4produnerPosted 7/8/2013 8:17:35 AM
RetsuxD posted...

As for aesthetics, I'd rather have grey for 15 missions again than to see overfiltered black with red&blue.

As for platforming, they focused too much on it, because I SURELY DO PLAY DMC FOR THE PLATFORMING, NOT FOR THE COMBAT, NOT FOR THE BOSS FIGHTS, OR, YOU KNOW, NEARLY EVERYTHING ELSE!

Ur just a h8er. Need moar floaty jump physics for platforming.
#5Pesmerga255Posted 7/8/2013 8:27:47 AM
Oh noez! Limbo is trying to kill Donte again!

*Casually walks away from the "danger"*
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#6RetsuxDPosted 7/8/2013 8:32:25 AM
produner posted...
RetsuxD posted...

Ur just a h8er. Need moar floaty jump physics for platforming.

Make them at 24 fps and we're settled.
I want a movie-like experience.
#7ResidentJunk7Posted 7/8/2013 8:44:49 AM
you people
#8Pesmerga255Posted 7/8/2013 8:49:34 AM
ResidentJunk7 posted...
you people

Salty JackJunk is salty.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#9RetsuxDPosted 7/8/2013 8:54:44 AM
ResidentJunk7 posted...
you people

I person.
#10darkslayer001Posted 7/8/2013 9:22:19 AM
produner posted...
Platforming in DmC is brain-dead and unnecessary.

DMC3 had some nice temples, rooms and gothic architectures. Also the top of temen-ni-gru and demon world are great. Well, the game is an old PS2 game with static background and emphasis on better performance.

DmC screwed the framerate for pretty graphics.

apart from the sonic slides or watever, there is no actual platforming in DmC. you just hit a couple of inputs and you move to another platform. the rest is similar to DMC where you jump to the next area etc... nothing new really.