DmC NT closes their own forums.

#41caffiend7Posted 7/8/2013 8:46:01 PM
SHATTERINK! Try and explain this matey m8
#42NostalgiaRulesPosted 7/8/2013 9:56:00 PM(edited)
-BrokenSpiral- posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
(by the way, when did this sudden disdain for anime start?...even though the original DMC isn't anime...)

Funny you mention that. Here in Japan, and contrary to popular belief, it is not an anime country. As a matter of fact, the majority don't like it and refuse to accept it as a part of the culture due to the low quality that the scripts and general feel of it tends to give off. Anime and all things related to it are relatively niche. There were even a bunch of directors, which included Hayao Miyazaki, expressing their disappointment with anime in general, mostly from the recent shifts.

I mention Japan because if it's anything like here, then the hate's always been there. The internet just lets people become more aware of it.

I see. Too bad. I love anime. Most other cartoons just seem lame and the drawings are very lazy. Have you seen the remake of Teen Titans? It's....bad. Really, really, really, really bad. Even the animes for little kids are more appealing. There's this anime called Chi's Sweet Home and I'll take that over SpongeBob SquarePants.

Edit: Oh! And another anime called Mushishi. That one is so calm, relaxing and mature. (when I say mature, it doesn't have a ton of sex, violence, nudity and cursing. It's mature in a way that makes you actually think)
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#43StepswordsmanPosted 7/8/2013 10:19:22 PM
So, are they opening a "Mobile Games" forum?
---
Decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing.
#44-BrokenSpiral-Posted 7/8/2013 10:58:23 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
I see. Too bad. I love anime. Most other cartoons just seem lame and the drawings are very lazy. Have you seen the remake of Teen Titans? It's....bad. Really, really, really, really bad. Even the animes for little kids are more appealing. There's this anime called Chi's Sweet Home and I'll take that over SpongeBob SquarePants.

Edit: Oh! And another anime called Mushishi. That one is so calm, relaxing and mature. (when I say mature, it doesn't have a ton of sex, violence, nudity and cursing. It's mature in a way that makes you actually think)

I won't comment since I love all animation, (although it's becoming a bit more difficult for me to watch anime) but if you're interested in two more fun tidbits, read below:

Otaku usually have a huge stigma associated with them here. And this part tends to blow people's minds, but I've met a few that already knew: Disney is far more prevalent and widespread here as far as people liking and accepting it is concerned, which is partly why Kingdom Hearts was so successful.
#45StrelokPosted 7/8/2013 11:06:53 PM
What ticks me off is when people say anime is for kids.

For crying out loud, the first real popular anime in the West was Fist of the North Star, which predates the 80's really. It was Mad Max before Mad Max was there.
And whoever says FotNS is for kids should be shot. Seriously.

Let's not even go into really strong territory like Berserk with its nudity, rape and horror, and Cowboy Bebop or Black Lagoon with heavy amounts of violence and has you rooting for, effectively, the (lesser) bad guys.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#46NostalgiaRulesPosted 7/8/2013 11:14:15 PM
-BrokenSpiral- posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...

I won't comment since I love all animation, (although it's becoming a bit more difficult for me to watch anime) but if you're interested in two more fun tidbits, read below:

Otaku usually have a huge stigma associated with them here. And this part tends to blow people's minds, but I've met a few that already knew: Disney is far more prevalent and widespread here as far as people liking and accepting it is concerned, which is partly why Kingdom Hearts was so successful.

I do like some regular cartoons, just not as much as anime. And I can't say I'm a fan of Disney so much anymore. Most the shows on is just teen drama and school drama now. I miss things like The Lion King, The Land Before Time, Beauty and the Beast, ect.
---
#47UltimateGeth39Posted 7/8/2013 11:17:12 PM
have you seen beware the batman calling it right now that is gonna be the DmC of cartoon network I can't believe they canceled young justice for this crap.
---
"There's always a man, a lighthouse, a city."
#48-BrokenSpiral-Posted 7/8/2013 11:19:10 PM
Strelok posted...
For crying out loud, the first real popular anime in the West was Fist of the North Star, which predates the 80's really. It was Mad Max before Mad Max was there.

Actually, Mad Max came out before FotNS. In an interview, Buronson said that Mad Max was a heavy influence for his work.
#49smithkakarotPosted 7/8/2013 11:19:50 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
-BrokenSpiral- posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...

I do like some regular cartoons, just not as much as anime. And I can't say I'm a fan of Disney so much anymore. Most the shows on is just teen drama and school drama now. I miss things like The Lion King, The Land Before Time, Beauty and the Beast, ect.

But Land Before Time was Universal...
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#50NostalgiaRulesPosted 7/8/2013 11:30:51 PM
smithkakarot posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
-BrokenSpiral- posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...

But Land Before Time was Universal...

Yes, but it was shown on the Disney channel. Still better to me than Alien A.N.T. Farm and Hannah Montana. Have you seen what they did to Teen Titans on Cartoon Network? And where the heck did original Toonami go? That's where I first discovered Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin and Outlaw Star. All the really good classic animes...gone. -_-
---