Do you think this game is "brutal" or "visceral"?

#1Pesmerga255Posted 7/10/2013 7:59:16 AM(edited)
I certainly don't. The shock moments are actually pretty tame and almost every cutscene feels forced and awkward.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#2RetsuxDPosted 7/10/2013 8:00:17 AM
I think it's meaty.
#3produnerPosted 7/10/2013 8:04:05 AM
Dunno lol
#4produnerPosted 7/10/2013 8:07:02 AM
No seriously, the game feels childish, cartoony and forced. It doesn't represent well the visceral and dark theme; the colors/filters, punk-neon, cheesy story and idiotic characters with barely any characterization don't.
#5QCTeamkillPosted 7/10/2013 8:24:34 AM
No, if I compare to God of War, Ninja Gaiden or Mortal Kombat this is not brutal, there's no gory finishers.

I'd say it's stylish and flashy

My brother, who's not familiar with DMC, said that Dante has a fun nonchalant charm about him.
#6darkslayer001Posted 7/10/2013 8:24:43 AM
produner posted...
No seriously, the game feels childish, cartoony and forced. It doesn't represent well the visceral and dark theme; the colors/filters, punk-neon, cheesy story and idiotic characters with barely any characterization don't.

pretty much, it is worse than a B rated movie. I guess this is what everyone's fanfiction will turn out if there is no work put into it.
#7darkslayer001Posted 7/10/2013 8:25:51 AM
QCTeamkill posted...
No, if I compare to God of War, Ninja Gaiden or Mortal Kombat this is not brutal, there's no gory finishers.

My brother, who's not familiar with DMC, said that Dante has a fun nonchalant charm about him.

stylish and flashy? uh.. there is no action in any of the cutscenes. more akin to an adventure game rather than action.
can adventure games be stylish and flashy?
#8QCTeamkillPosted 7/10/2013 8:29:54 AM
darkslayer001 posted...
QCTeamkill posted...

stylish and flashy? uh.. there is no action in any of the cutscenes. more akin to an adventure game rather than action.

Did you do know that "action games" have action in between cutscenes?
#9RetsuxDPosted 7/10/2013 8:34:11 AM
QCTeamkill posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
QCTeamkill posted...

Must have skipped it between all that scripted platforming.
#10produnerPosted 7/10/2013 8:35:08 AM
RetsuxD posted...
QCTeamkill posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
QCTeamkill posted...

Must have skipped it between all that scripted platforming.

#SickBurn