Character Battle! DmC Dante vs. DMC 4 Lady!

#31NostalgiaRules(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 1:25:38 AM
For those who can't decide, there's always the stalemate option.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#32StrelokPosted 7/16/2013 2:40:21 AM
Donte might outsmart Heavy Weapons GUy, but he can not outsmart boolit.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#33OracleGunnerPosted 7/16/2013 3:38:59 AM
Solblade44 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

And to those saying she was holding her own against DMC3 Dante, I call BS. It was one of the easiest fights in the game, and not to mention every cutscene between the two (Lady and Dante), as far as I remember, is Dante joking around with her. Any time he gets remotely serious, he immediately turns the situation in his favor.

Maybe it's because, I dunno, you're playing as a half demon hybrid while fighting against a person whose weapons have been proven to have no real effect on you?

On the other hand, New Dante (and Vergil really) have proven that they can't take too much damage despite their fantastic pedigree that really should have said otherwise. Realism? They're not even human, they need to get it together.

I'm not saying Lady would outright win, but it wouldn't be a one-sided fight. We've already had many of those here in favor of the challenger. Or do we really need to break out some more reality warpers again?

On second thought, have we gone through all of fiction's reality warpers here yet?

Where is Haruhi?
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:2
The official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.
#34NostalgiaRules(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 6:14:50 PM
No one's picking the stalemate option. Guess it's an all or nothing battle.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#35SlaveBladePosted 7/16/2013 8:16:42 PM
Solblade44 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

And to those saying she was holding her own against DMC3 Dante, I call BS. It was one of the easiest fights in the game, and not to mention every cutscene between the two (Lady and Dante), as far as I remember, is Dante joking around with her. Any time he gets remotely serious, he immediately turns the situation in his favor.

Maybe it's because, I dunno, you're playing as a half demon hybrid while fighting against a person whose weapons have been proven to have no real effect on you?

On the other hand, New Dante (and Vergil really) have proven that they can't take too much damage despite their fantastic pedigree that really should have said otherwise. Realism? They're not even human, they need to get it together.

I'm not saying Lady would outright win, but it wouldn't be a one-sided fight. We've already had many of those here in favor of the challenger. Or do we really need to break out some more reality warpers again?

On second thought, have we gone through all of fiction's reality warpers here yet?

Dante can slow down time and stasis his enemies, not to mention his warping/healing/free ammunition, explosives and plethora of magical weapons, I'm seriously struggling to see what a human can do against this.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#36StrelokPosted 7/16/2013 8:19:32 PM
Dante could also slow down time (Quicksilver).
AGAIN, second time: Stasis doesn't work on bosses and Lady is a boss.

Dontes healing is terrible. It is REALLY terrible.
His "warping" in DmC is nearly non-existent.
Infintie ammo and explosives is useless, Lady has the same.

What Lady does against this: See what she did in DMC3.
Donte has no chance, as Donte LACKS THE POWER OF DMC3 DANTE!
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#37Mother-NesuPosted 7/16/2013 8:21:23 PM(edited)
... Obviously Dante. Anyone who says lady is just plain blinded by nostalgia. We never even saw her abilities in devil may cry 4, and in any other media she literally never won a fight, or even close for that matter. >_> She also got her ass handed to her by trish in the anime where trish toyed with her the whole time.
#38-Zelmor-Posted 7/17/2013 7:50:51 AM
Donte isn't even one third as strong as DMC3 Dante, how does he stand a chance against Lady.
---
Man is not the creature of circumstances. Circumstances are the creatures of man.
#39SlaveBladePosted 7/17/2013 9:26:26 AM
-Zelmor- posted...
Donte isn't even one third as strong as DMC3 Dante, how does he stand a chance against Lady.

Arbitrary number backed up by nothing...?
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#405hadowsPosted 7/17/2013 9:31:01 AM
OracleGunner posted...
Solblade44 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

Where is Haruhi?

34chan or higher level witches > Haruhi.
---
Ill add something here later....