Imagine what happens afterwards?

#11NostalgiaRulesPosted 7/26/2013 4:33:18 PM
darkslayer001 posted...
shatter is usually funny with his ludicrous claims and all, but that last post was just sad.

I think the bashing of previous original DMCs is only to get a response from people. Ignore and maybe they'll stop...maybe.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#12OracleGunnerPosted 7/26/2013 4:35:39 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
shatter is usually funny with his ludicrous claims and all, but that last post was just sad.

I think the bashing of previous original DMCs is only to get a response from people. Ignore and maybe they'll stop...maybe.

Doubtful but it could work.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:2
The official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.
#13shatterstarPosted 7/26/2013 6:14:09 PM(edited)
NostalgiaRules posted...
darkslayer001 posted...

I don't see how facts are considered bashing.

Those are legitimate facts about the original franchise. Capcom said that the plots in those game weren't cohesive enough and in each installment, there was a different interpretation of Dante and the universe.

That was very reasons why Ninja Theory got involved in the first place. Their great storytelling and to make sense out of the whole mess.

Basically, the creator of DMC parted ways with Capcom and took the original Dante's personality with him and after that, we got multiple versions of Dante's personality until they've finally settled on DMC's personality. Therefore making a 30 something year old Dante, behave like DMC3's young Dante and also trying to arrange these installments in some ridiculous order to where he evolves into a guy with no personality...lol.

Nah mate.

Capcom wanted to capitalize on DMC1's success and created a rush job called DMC2 which established the cliff to push the franchise off of and DMC4 was made from lack of ideas to make this franchise feel fresh and therefore pushed it off the cliff.

Being a hardcore DMC fan doesn't mean that you have to pretend to be stupid mate. DMC2 and DMC4 were both awful games that completely destroyed whatever meaning the DMC universe had, which was very little in my opinion.

So if you chose turn a blind eye toward it, due to you being a fanboy, that's your fault. It doesn't matter what order you put the games in, awful is awful and bad is bad. If it doesn't make sense, it doesn't make sense.

There is no way in hell you can make sense out of something that doesn't make sense and that is why DmC was a reboot or re-imagining of the original franchise instead of a continuation of it.
#14OracleGunnerPosted 7/26/2013 6:22:25 PM
shatterstar posted...
NostalgiaRules posted...
darkslayer001 posted...

I don't see how facts are considered bashing.

Those are legitimate facts about the original franchise. Capcom said that the plots in those game weren't cohesive enough and in each installment, there was a different interpretation of Dante and the universe.

That was very reasons why Ninja Theory got involved in the first place. Their great storytelling and to make sense out of the whole mess.

Basically, the creator of DMC parted ways with Capcom and took the original Dante's personality with him and after that, we got multiple versions of Dante's personality until they've finally settled on DMC's personality. Therefore making a 30 something year old Dante, behave like DMC3's young Dante and also trying to arrange these installments in some ridiculous order to where he evolves into a guy with no personality...lol.

Nah mate.

Capcom wanted to capitalize on DMC1's success and created a rush job called DMC2 which established the cliff to push the franchise off of and DMC4 was made from lack of ideas to make this franchise feel fresh and therefore pushed it off the cliff.

Being a hardcore DMC fan doesn't mean that you have to pretend to be stupid mate. DMC2 and DMC4 were both awful games that completely destroyed whatever meaning the DMC universe had, which was very little in my opinion.

So if you chose turn a blind eye toward it, due to you being a fanboy, that's your fault. It doesn't matter what order you put the games in, awful is awful and bad is bad. If it doesn't make sense, it doesn't make sense.

There is no way in hell you can make sense out of something that doesn't make sense and that is why DmC was a reboot or re-imagining of the original franchise instead of a continuation of it.

Lol shatter your bs is increasing daily. Keep on spewing lies the timeline is simple in the original and NT has no storytelling capabilities. Also every pro seems to forget that the problem with DMC canon was caused by Capcom forcing an unfinished game to come out. Can you guess what game that was?
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:2
The official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.
#15StrelokPosted 7/26/2013 7:19:44 PM
Lollerclown seems to conveniently forget that all of Ninja Theories "storytelling" was from external sources...
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#16sion_leonhart(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 7:36:10 PM
Personally I imagined Dante and Kat become partners and establish the Devil May Cry Store as incipt for an imaginary sequel of this reboot (which probably will never see, right?) And live in a world slightly sci-fi ( la Trinity Blood, let's say?) where fight the demons that lurk in the human world. Trivial, I know, but I thought something like that. I really loved DmC. Nothing I can do about it. :-D
#17MrGreedPosted 7/26/2013 9:08:02 PM
I liked DMC4...
---
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
GT/PSN: Scharmberg
#18StrelokPosted 7/26/2013 9:13:45 PM
Most people aside some salt golems liked DMC4.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#19smithkakarotPosted 7/26/2013 9:14:52 PM
Strelok posted...
Most people aside some salt golems with no sense of humor and a stick up their ass liked DMC4.

---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#20jayganautPosted 7/27/2013 2:49:18 AM
See you gotta love that logic right there. I remember a thread about DmC plotholes (and legit plotholes, not just things that aren't explained) and loads came in with their own fanfiction justifications to explain them, the ones that didn't add more plotholes only contradicted the other "explanations" meaning the answers weren't in the game and they were just making stuff up

But yet they can't use their imaginations for the stuff in DMC that is quite logical.

Examples of plotholes,

DMC fan: Why did Mundus know about Donte but not Vergil with all the pictures/stuff in the mansion?
Response: Mundus was busy nom noming Eva's heart so only noticed Donte in all the pictures of the whole family.

DmC fan: Where are all the citizens, economy, and political structures in this world? Dante has a business but there aren't any people living within the city that his business is in...lol.
Response: There is a massive demon invasion going on in the immediate area, people probably ran when a giant tower came out the ground and demons started appearing. Watch the anime, there's quite a few people living in the city.

See both were explained using imagination and nothing present in the game but one actually makes sense. That's the difference between a plothole and something un-explained.