So I heard about this Devil may cry vs DMC war that's going on.

#1DusterxLucasFTWPosted 7/26/2013 3:23:19 PM(edited)
Note, this is coming from someone who doesn't know anything about dmc or devil may cry. I'm just someone who heard about all the hate the new game is getting. It seems so childish. What's wrong with you guys? It's like watching A bunch of children split into two groups fighting in A playground over what type of candy they like better. This is A DMC board and for some odd reason all I find is A bunch of children making threads talking about how great the original games were. WTF? It's even more surprising how the dmc fans are the more mature ones here. I'm sure the dmc fans were fine until the devil may cry fans came and raided the bored.
---
Hes black. Black people are like Lizards. They can grow back there lost pride. -FinalCountDownn
#2Mother-NesuPosted 7/26/2013 3:28:51 PM
LOL.. Your gonna get so much hate for this.
#3StrelokPosted 7/26/2013 3:32:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4DusterxLucasFTW(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 3:34:04 PM
Strelok posted...
You claim not to know anything, yet you already have a judgement ready as to who is right and wrong.

You are a terrible person and deserve to have your home razed.

I'm going to take A guess and say your A Devil May Cry fan?
---
Hes black. Black people are like Lizards. They can grow back there lost pride. -FinalCountDownn
#5smithkakarotPosted 7/26/2013 3:40:19 PM
Oh boy, it's another one of THESE topics. -_-

Your username suuuuuuuure looks familiar, BTW.
---
"Welcome to Oblivion!"-Vegeta
#6NostalgiaRulesPosted 7/26/2013 3:41:26 PM
DusterxLucasFTW posted...
Note, this is coming from someone who doesn't know anything about dmc or devil may cry. I'm just someone who heard about all the hate the new game is getting. It seems so childish. What's wrong with you guys? It's like watching A bunch of children split into two groups fighting in A playground over what type of candy they like better. This is A DMC board and for some odd reason all I find is A bunch of children making threads talking about how great the original games were. WTF? It's even more surprising how the dmc fans are the more mature ones here. I'm sure the dmc fans were fine until the devil may cry fans came and raided the bored.

Hello. There's been a lot going on. People who are anti-DmC and have said in detail why they didn't like the new DmC, but they got ignored, mock and/or ridiculed. Here are some of the reason why many people didn't like the new DmC.

-Color coded enemies. There's two types of enemies in the new DmC, red and blue ones. Red enemies can only be hurt with red weapons and blue enemies can only be hurt with blue weapons. Color coded enemies make it hard to use all the weapons freely and smoothly. Especially if you're in a crowd of two different colored enemies.

-No Lock-on. No-lock one makes it hard to hone in on certain enemies. This wouldn't be a problem if the enemies weren't color coded. For example, you go to attack a red enemy with a red weapon, but you accidently end up attacking blue enemy because there's no lock-on. This can ruin combos and get annoying.

-Unrecognizable to its roots. I know that it's a reboot, but this new DmC game doesn't resemble the originals at all. Dante and Vergil's personalities are so different, they're not even the same people anymore. Also, key characters, like Trish and Lady, are gone now. There seems to be a lot of shock value in the game, like a sew scene and tons of heavy cursing.

-Glitches. This game has many, many glitches. So does Vergil's Downfall. Now, if you buy DmC and Vergil's Downfall, maybe your copies of the game won't have it, maybe it won't. The only way to find out is to rent the game and try it for yourself. And these glitches were found by the people who played the game, so it's not a bunch of rumors. There's lots of videos on Youtube of DmC glitches. There's even a glitch that makes you lose one of your weapons permanently and have to restart the game over from scratch to get it back.

-Bad PR. Many game journalist and even the creator of DmC have constantly been sticking their finger in the fans' eyes and saying that, "they only hate the game because DmC Dante's hair isn't white." Even before the game was released, there was a headline that read, "Capcom HAPPY to prove fans wrong." So, that also made many people not want to buy the game.

Well, there's some other things, too, but that's all I can think of for now. Those are just some of the reason why DmC was not well received.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#7AkanesasusoraPosted 7/26/2013 3:44:39 PM
If people saying "I got bored of the classic series, so I would rather see it distorted by a mediocre developer than just play something else", is "mature" to you, then you have a VERY skewed perception of maturity, buddy.
---
Official Two Become One of the Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Board
#8DusterxLucasFTW(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 3:53:09 PM
smithkakarot posted...

Do you post on the metal gear golid 5 board? Cause that's usually what I post on. I've never posted on A devil may cry board before though. :P
---
#9Phantom_Opera_GPosted 7/26/2013 3:57:58 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
-No Lock-on. No-lock one makes it hard to hone in on certain enemies. This wouldn't be a problem if the enemies weren't color coded. For example, you go to attack a red enemy with a red weapon, but you accidently end up attacking blue enemy because there's no lock-on. This can ruin combos and get annoying.

What makes the lack of lock-on even more puzzling is the inclusion of a second dodge button. That's right two buttons that do the same thing when that spare R1 button could have been put to more practical use like a lock-on.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktRigt_WFg
#10OracleGunnerPosted 7/26/2013 3:58:20 PM
DusterxLucasFTW posted...
smithkakarot posted...

Do you post on the metal gear golid 5 board? Cause that's usually what I post on. I've never posted on A devil may cry board before though. :P

Meh, it doesn't matter by now. You had already made your choice before even coming here.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse. ppl who got it:2
The official Tlaloc of the SMT IV board.